The Ask Me A Question Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it would make us happy no...
Would you try something you never imagined doing if you were asked?

It all depends. I'm adventurous, yet selective. Just as long as you're not asking me to tightrope walk across the Grand Canyon or anything crazy like that. :eek:

If an online acquaintance from Literotica were to just turn up at your door, how would you react and what would you say?

Depends who was asking and what. Already doing something I'd never imagined next weekend, though technically they didn't ask.

If an online acquaintance from Literotica were to just turn up at your door, how would you react and what would you say?

Damn too slow again. Definitely depends who and how they had my address, are we saying acquaintance rather than friend too? Seems a bit concerning if not friend.

Would you name one thing - that most people would do - that you wouldn't do for anyone?

Last edited:
Depends who was asking and what. Already doing something I'd never imagined next weekend, though technically they didn't ask.

Damn too slow again. Definitely depends who and how they had my address, are we saying acquaintance rather than friend too? Seems a bit concerning if not friend.

Would you name one thing - that most people would do - that you wouldn't do for anyone?

Watch Pinocchio. That bloody wooden puppet is the scariest thing ever.

When you are stressed, what calms you down?

I tend yo be a bit "high strung"

Do you forgive easily?

I always think of a stringed instrument whenever I hear/read that word. :)

With the sole exception of one thing, yes. Forgetting, on the other hand, is another question entirely.

Does technology actually help us save time to enjoy life?

With the sole exception of one thing, yes. Forgetting, on the other hand, is another question entirely.

I think it causes us to waste time. Like playing on Lit rather than being out enjoying life

Do you think you spend too much time on line?

Yes I believe it does, but it also changes the way we enjoy life......

Have you ever wished you could go back in time? (Either to change something in your past....... or to witness an event in history)

I think it causes us to waste time. Like playing on Lit rather than being out enjoying life

Do you think you spend too much time on line?

Seeing as it is part of my job, absolutely.

Yes I believe it does, but it also changes the way we enjoy life......

Have you ever wished you could go back in time? (Either to change something in your past....... or to witness an event in history)

All the time. Comes with the territory. :)

Are smart-phones really, you know, smart or do they create smart people?

Seeing as it is part of my job, absolutely.

All the time. Comes with the territory. :)

Are smart-phones really, you know, smart or do they create smart people?

The phones might be smart, that's debatable.... but they definitely do NOT make smart people!

In your opinion what's the worst thing about modern technology?

The phones might be smart, that's debatable.... but they definitely do NOT make smart people!

In your opinion what's the worst thing about modern technology?

They give an illusion of saving time, but in reality, it's giving us more work.

In your opinion, what is the best thing about modern technology?

They give an illusion of saving time, but in reality, it's giving us more work.

In your opinion, what is the best thing about modern technology?

I guess it's a best and worse at the same time...... Ease of communication (cell phones, etc.) then again, you're "always" accessible

What is your favorite book?

I guess it's a best and worse at the same time...... Ease of communication (cell phones, etc.) then again, you're "always" accessible

What is your favorite book?

I don't have one, as it changes several times a day.

Is it thanks to technology that being smart is considered to be 'cool'?

I don't have one, as it changes several times a day.

Is it thanks to technology that being smart is considered to be 'cool'?

If being smart is considered "cool" then there way too many "uncool" people in this world!

How would you define smart? Common sense..... book smart..... ??

The ability to think and to learn and to critically evaluate information in its proper context.

Is there a difference between being smart and being intelligent?

The ability to think and to learn and to critically evaluate information in its proper context.

Is there a difference between being smart and being intelligent?

Yes very much so....... you can be very intelligent but as dumb as a box of rocks. Being smart involves a lot more than intelligence....... for example, how you apply that intelligence in the real world helps define how smart you are.

Do you know smart people that are not intelligent or vice versa?

Yes very much so....... you can be very intelligent but as dumb as a box of rocks. Being smart involves a lot more than intelligence....... for example, how you apply that intelligence in the real world helps define how smart you are.

Do you know smart people that are not intelligent or vice versa?

Oh, very much so. I know people who cannot think to save their lives.

Can we truly quantify intelligence?

Oh, very much so. I know people who cannot think to save their lives.

Can we truly quantify intelligence?

In principle perhaps. Although I think it is actually multivariate. That is there are different intellectual abilities and thus would require something more sophisticated than one simple number. Which is not unlike physical ability. We generally don't try to boil down physical ability into one single number. We measure different things depending upon the situation. Running speed, running distance, jumping height, distance, etc, etc, etc.

Like physical ability, there are many different measures we could have for mental ability. For example, consider a person who wins the Nobel Prize in Literature vs a person who wins the Nobel Prize in Physics. I would argue that both have amazing intellectual ability. Yet, I'm reasonably certain the Literature person would not be good at physics and not have those abilities, and I've read enough physics to know that those guys can't write ;) (my apologies to any physicists).

So, in principle, like physical ability, I do think we CAN measure intellectual ability, but we really have only begun to scratch the surface with our current IQ and other tests.

What metric would you use to measure sexual ability?

I think that depends on your goal! I would say quality over quantity.

What is the last thing you looked up on Google?

It was depressing...
We were having a discussion about the typhoon in the Philippines today, and I looked up the current death toll...yeah...wow...I sound like a horrible person...:eek: :rolleyes:

What is your most common google search?

Tomorrow's weather.

How much do you rely on Wikipedia?

Rely might be a stretch, but I do use it from time to time

It was depressing...
We were having a discussion about the typhoon in the Philippines today, and I looked up the current death toll...yeah...wow...I sound like a horrible person...:eek: :rolleyes:

What is your most common google search?

Probably sports or other news related stories, but don't use it that often

What is your favorite movie?

Rely might be a stretch, but I do use it from time to time

Probably sports or other news related stories, but don't use it that often

What is your favorite movie?

Well, I don't know that I have a favorite but ones that immediately come to mind are Star Wars (the original, now called "episode IV, a new hope"), It's a Wonderful Life, Animal House, Casablanca, Monte Python and Holy Grail. There's more, but that gives you an idea.

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Well, I don't know that I have a favorite but ones that immediately come to mind are Star Wars (the original, now called "episode IV, a new hope"), It's a Wonderful Life, Animal House, Casablanca, Monte Python and Holy Grail. There's more, but that gives you an idea.

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

What do you mean? An African or European swallow? :D

If you really want to know, click here.

In your opinion, what makes a great relationship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back