The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all. Happy Sinday.

My brain is still trying to process the woke up a 3AM only to find out it was 2AM thing and now it looks like I need to get a lick her... uh, I mean liquor licenses. Until I do keep the booze out of site.

I'm having waffles. Anyone care to join me?

I need food, of any kind, any form. And caffeine. I'm so tired.

These kids are sapping my energy away. And I have to take a friend to a hospital (day doesn't seem to be ending!)

I need food, of any kind, any form. And caffeine. I'm so tired.

These kids are sapping my energy away. And I have to take a friend to a hospital (day doesn't seem to be ending!)

One emergency waffle and a large cup of Joe coming up.

Since it was an emergency, should I have yelled "Stat" or something?

As much time as I spent in them damned things back in the day, I really should have paid more attention.

Ok, the coffee is fresh and so is the owner. I love to satisfy customers.

Rum (or Brandy) in the coffee
Whisky in the Tea.

That'll do for a cold.

Perfect, cause I've got a doozy. Plus, the munchkin was having leg pains last night. I'll try anything right now, head is already swimmy. Who has the hip flask with the whiskey? *looks around* Oh wait, I do.

Good morning Tex, one REALLLY LARGE cup needed. Stayed up until 2am this morning writing and then crashed and up bright and early again this morning - almost done my first Winter Holidays story - another 5,000 words to go today and it's done done done and then I can move on to finishing the second - two 30-35,000 word stories almost down. And a third in the pipeline but I don't think that one will be done this week.....

Aaaahhhhhhh, thank you:D, that coffee's great, now I can kick-start myself....

500_F_103657237_cQFE654beo4ewvwSJO1kGGNM9kHQMFRo.jpg

Good morning Tex, one REALLLY LARGE cup needed. Stayed up until 2am this morning writing and then crashed and up bright and early again this morning - almost done my first Winter Holidays story - another 5,000 words to go today and it's done done done and then I can move on to finishing the second - two 30-35,000 word stories almost down. And a third in the pipeline but I don't think that one will be done this week.....

500_F_103657237_cQFE654beo4ewvwSJO1kGGNM9kHQMFRo.jpg

I love overachievers. They make the rest of us exercise our guilt muscles.

Anyone got an extra cup around here? I need more caffeine - any liquid form will do.

Keep up the good work. One large cuppa coming up.

Anyone got an extra cup around here? I need more caffeine - any liquid form will do.

:D They also make us exercise that muscle between out ears.

One large and black coming up. Uh, coffee that is.

Ohhhh, I have it easy. No kids yet and my partner is good at taking care of everything when I go into a writing frenzy so even the meals just turn up in front of me.... he enjoys reading my stories and totally encourages me to write. I'm spoiled.

Ohhhh, I have it easy. No kids yet and my partner is good at taking care of everything when I go into a writing frenzy so even the meals just turn up in front of me.... he enjoys reading my stories and totally encourages me to write. I'm spoiled.

A good partner is a big asset in more ways than one. ;)

I love seeing someone else who set life's difficulty switch to 'Easy Mode'. Free time, me time, and 'us' time all the time...why on earth would anyone give that up? :)

I'm going with the hot buttered rum coffee this afternoon. Along with some apple and chocolate covered almonds.

I'm going with the hot buttered rum coffee this afternoon. Along with some apple and chocolate covered almonds.

Rum in coffee I can see. Hot butter, not so much.

Afternoon Tea ? What a delightful thought: Many thanks.

Tea with hot buttered toast? Now there's a pleasure

Afternoon tea it is. The toast might be a bit of a problem. I'm out of bread. How about a hot buttered waffle instead?

Tea with hot buttered toast? Now there's a pleasure

I've been avoiding the bread, but that was breakfast this morning.

Rum in coffee I can see. Hot butter, not so much.

Afternoon tea it is. The toast might be a bit of a problem. I'm out of bread. How about a hot buttered waffle instead?

Yeah, I've never gotten the concept, this was just a flavored coffee. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've never gotten the concept, this was just a flavored coffee. :rolleyes:

The blend I use here at home is a pound of Mocha mixed with a half pound of Vanilla flavored. The vanilla cuts the bitter edge. A teaspoon of splenda per 20oz mug and I'm good to go.

The blend I use here at home is a pound of Mocha mixed with a half pound of Vanilla flavored. The vanilla cuts the bitter edge. A teaspoon of splenda per 20oz mug and I'm good to go.

I was always fond of kahlua flavored coffee. Now I go for a vanilla caramel with liquid stevia extract.

By the way, a coffee house was a fantastic idea, and long overdue. :rose:

Hey, Tx. What's the wifi password for this place? I don't seem to be able to get a signal. :D

I was always fond of kahlua flavored coffee. Now I go for a vanilla caramel with liquid stevia extract.

I have lived for decades, believing that coffee was the flavour. This French idea of dunking "syrop" of assorted flavours is a trifle too foreign to me.
And do not forget the Naked Lounge; Rolf & Olaf serve a pretty decent glass of whatever takes your fancy at the time.

Hrm . . .honey, I'm calling because I can't find my phone. Have you seen it anywhere? :rolleyes:

Good Joke, that.
:rose:

The AH Reunion thread got me to thinking about Abs and the bar. The next thing i know, I'm opening this place. I hate it when the haunts win. :D

Hey, Tx. What's the wifi password for this place? I don't seem to be able to get a signal. :D

BR549 would be the password but the system ain't installed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back