Tell me about the General Board in 1969

I was here 2001 and there were unregistered posters who used to post a lot and were very childish imo.

Dishing out other peoples personal info, name calling, trying to flood the board with lots of nonsense and generally being a pia.

Pia Zadora?

My grandpa told me about her. :D

A million monkeys with IBM Selectrics would have better output than zero...:)
Some analyst (I forget who) spoke to the math of the US tendency for contested elections to be very close. With a tiny percentage margin, it's statistically as if a totally random process was in place, like myriads of coin flips, or as if the outcome had zero impact on voters, like Premier of Uranus. Does voting matter?

A million monkeys with Android tablets would generate campaign material indistinguishable from current product. Templates of crafted gibberish, oy.

But I digress. In USA 1969 were phone sex and dating hotlines and SCREW magazine and 'underground' newspapers. The conversations occurred there, or in dank hideouts, or by samizdat or graffiti, or in gatherings disguised as social 'clubs', or howling from midnight street corners.

The GB of 1969 was a typical public toilet wall or dormitory bulletin board.

You may have explained it to him as the Skiddles to ChancellorPalpatetestes string of alts, but you (at times) are trying to pretend this one is a different line.

It would help if you didn't occasionally throw in little I'm totally Canadian hints on the ones that aren't supposed to be Canadian.

Maybe that wuz it. Taint's always vague and clueless about that sort of thing. IT attacks w/out logic or reason.

Aquagirl was right, you are out of your mind and you do ruin this place with your insane babblings.

Did you lose visitation rights again? Is that what has you so uppity? Make the payments on time.

WTF are you on about now Luke? Make up your mind who you're trolling.:rolleyes:

This is a blob question :D

I was born in 66. That means my parents had sex in the 60's. Ewwwwwww!

I was ditched by my fiancée in 1966. She didn't want to be married to someone whose career might mean living abroad.

If she had married me? She would have been in Officer country with an official residence and staff.

Two years later she married a Royal Marine (whose career meant travelling to the unpleasant parts of the world). :rolleyes:

Someone once explained the "1969" thing. It's there for some technical reason left over from Lit infancy. This is also the explanation for Ishmael, come to think of it.

There are other little discrepancies that one notices. According to the front forum page, we just had our one millionth thread earlier today (currently at 1,000,042). But the number on this thread is 1477000. We've had threads disappeared for various reasons, but certainly not 1/3 of the threads in forum history.

These are probably the PM spambots.

When you factor in:

* People who registered and then forgot all their info and had to re-register (RIP all my old webmail accounts)

* The busybody proviso — people who have re-registered after being banned

* The PM spammers

* People who registered just so they could open the attachments in AmPics

That probably explains a lot of the "membership."

A '61 Ford wuz the 1st car I drove. It was a fairlane or a galaxy. No car phones for us common folks. GPS meant 'go park somewhere'.

Back