Tap That Axe: Axe House and Taproom

A grave digger, a scientist and an egomaniac...

th
th
th

*wanders by to stare at the Grave digger* Don't mind me, I'm just stalking your writing is all...

Making CUTS:

Sorry Princess, but this is going to affect you most of all. New projects and ideas are requiring more and more of my attention, I need to lighten the load a bit.

Real Life: A promising start, but it's been running on fumes for too long. The conflict has lost its edge. (I may recycle Olsen for something else)

By Hook or By Crook: Sort of a knee jerk idea to begin with. It's cute, but lacks substance.

They might at some point cycle back in, if the muses will it, but for now, I'm relegating them to the back burner.

*coughs* Affects me completely. lol

Thats okaay. I agree. it was a fun idea for Wendy and Hook but lol what is substance? Im here for the hook and long ass coat he wears. lmao

As for Real Life: I was in it for the cop. ❤️

You are forgiven lol. Good luck on your mew projects!

I know... now we only have like 6 active projects together. Hashtag neglect.
I guess this means I dont have to answer for Wendy btw. Lol I was like well Wendy what do you have to say???

my inner Wendy: …. *shrug*

and yes much Hashtag Neglect.

*snickers at the only 6 projects*

Last edited:
The ground shakes slightly as 6’7” 285LBS of man mountain stroll in. You may dismiss him at first as just some fucking redneck… but something seems a little different about this cat. Those boots are a little too exotic, those pearl snaps a bit too shiny…and that voice? Deep as the devil on a Saturday night. “Sorry I’m late…what did I miss?”

"Welcome to the Tap House, Sir. We've got axes, moonshine whiskey, beer on tap and creative writer-types. What can I help you with?"

I used to have employees who worked here, but it's just me since the remodel.

Tips hat…“Place looks pretty good for an old swimming pool 😉. I’m new in town and just looking to meet the right sort of folks. From the sounds of I may have done just that. I’ve dipping my toes in here and there trying to get the lay of the land. I’d love to get the tip of my pen wet too should the chance arise, and can be quite imaginative when called upon. I’m quite the character myself but I can wear many hats. Other than that, just looking for a bit of chat and some good times.” (Orders one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer)

Narrates as he goes...

"Bourbon in a shot glass, Scotch neat in a tumbler and for beer..."

Eyes the customer for a long moment.

"Probably not a hefeveisen guy. How about a nice, dense peanut butter stout?"

Fills a frosty mug and slides it beside the other two drinks, still cascading.

"Welcome. Glad you found us."

“Thank you kindly” Drinks each in turn. Bit sweet for my taste on that last one. But I like your style. (Winks) rolls cigarette from a silver tin. Thin paper just touched to the bottom lip. Steps just outside but leaves jacket over the barstool. You hear the distinct chime of a Zippo flick open before snapping shut. Gives a long pull, and an even longer exhale.

Walking in and frowns some tilting my head

“Wait— I could have been getting drinks to drown myself in at the loss of Hook???”

Glancing at the new guy, I smile and wave.

“Hello newcomer!”

Tips hat and smiles … “Mam” … watches slowly every curve from behind as Princesssexci enters. Extinguishes cig and returns to seat. Orders just a simple longneck and tips litshark gratuitously as he slides it over.

Groans at the newcomers mannerisms and behavior, at first glance it seems downright disrespectful, but as he uncaps the bottled brew he explains.

"I've been re-watching Deadwood and contemplating a "Western" Group project and now a real life cowboy walks into my bar. It feels like fate."

Pours himself a shot of the House brand whiskey from the Submarine still which was formerly a pool.

"You cotton to that kinda thing, Wayne?" Slams the shot back.

loved Deadwood. In particular Ian McShane’s portrayal of Al swearengen. But there were many other good characters there too. Pity it ended so abruptly. I’m down for anything really. But of course I can play the cowboy when required. Not much of a stretch there and I’ve got more southernisms than a cats got lives. 😉

Drops a fiver in the jukebox. I’ll Start with some early Doors and Pink Floyd and let the rest go to someone else…(shoots pool solo) 🎶 Come on baby light my fire 🔥

Early Doors, some of my favorite music. Led Zep is right up there too.
This was the thought that slowly wound it's way thru her mind as she made her way through the door into the Tap Room. Finding a quiet corner, in the shadows, which is where she preferred, to observe. Maybe she would indulge in a drink, maybe not.

Back