Talia's campus fun (closed)

He texted back, "I know you are right, but this was progress, we will see you shortly"

She came out, and he smiled, it didn't really matter what she wore, she was stunning

"All right Beautiful, she is waiting for us, are you ready?"

Yeah... Let's go.

She linked her arm with his as they walked

They didn't live far from the University and they had almost an hour before the appointment so the walked

Arm and arm, they didn't have to worry about being seen by anyone

Ten minutes before the appointment the entered the professors building

He kissed her in the hallway outside the Doctor's office

Precisely 5 minutes early, they knocked on Dr. Blackwind's office door

Dr Blackwind opened the door and motioned for them to walk in. She saw the fiancee glaring trying to hide from them seeing her but Dr Blackwind locked eyes with her as that protective to almost combative stare. A smirk danced over her face as she saw look guilty and then scared and scurry away quickly. Closing the door she walked over to her desk and sat down.

Well now how have you been Talia?

They sat there talking for a little while with Dr Blackwind clearly monitoring something about her answers and reactions about conversation for a very long moment.

You are quite a bit stronger than you think. You can get past this... I know you are not sure but you already did. You used a crutch of the past but still... dream well after is to be expected. I have thought of various scenarios that might work even to him recreating the attack and you actively being able to fight back and be victorious. Your own power and mind overriding the attack.

She sat back thinking a little bit more letting the two of them process that.

Is there anything else we could do?

Talia finally spoke.

Couple's therapy and solo therapy with myself or someone else. for months or years. I did not say you had to do the other path just a way to have your stronger mind rewrite itself and strengthen other pathways over the one formed at the attack.

Rick listened very carefully to all Dr. Blackwind said

Nina, I am willing to honestlly try anything that will help Talia, anything you and she agree on

But I have to ask you, is there any part of hers and my relationship that is not helpful to her getting better and recovering

I love her, I trust there is some confidentiality here, but I do, and I have for quite a while

But if I am holding her back in any way, I need to know. I love her far too much to be that selfish

Dr. Blackwind raised a brow curious if his words meant he was perhaps interested in removing himself from his students and lover's life?

A clearly grounding anchor in her life is a good thing. Are you thinking she can or should find that... outside of the two of you?

Turning her attention to Talia and talking to her she let him think about that. They talked for a good couple of hours.

You made one advance with him and now it is time to make another one... Go to your dance team class. Let's start with a place where you feel untouchable... safe... and alive

He heard the question in her voice and nothing could be further from the truth

But he waited to let her have her time....and then he heard the recommendation to return to dance

Dr. Before we leave, i want to be clear. I want her to be healthy and happy But I love her more than anything and I don't ever want to not be with her...I want to be her anchor, her lover, her present and I hope her future...but more than anything I want her happy again

She nodded and smiled at him.

She is strong but still, we will take this one step at a time. We will get there and if you ever need to talk to me Talia I am right here. You also have my persona; cell number. Feel free to call any time.

Talia unexpectedly gave the Dr. a hug

Rick just held out his hand, but warmly

We will be patient, we promise

But what are the next steps, and is there anything differently we should do at home?

Let things progress as she needs them to but don't be afraid to push her a little like my wanting her to get back to school and classes.

She showed them out smiling to them and went back to her work.

Lets go get something to eat at the little cafe near the Theater arts and Dance studio

She smiled to him as she looked around a little edgy but felt safe with him there and Dr blackwind knowing she was on campus

He liked Dr. Blackwind, trusted her, even though he barely knew her

He saw intensity, the intensity that others feared, but he also saw kindness, true caring for Talia

Sure, the cafe sounds wonderful...since it is near the Theatre Arts and Dance Studio, would you like to go inside, just to look around...feel yourself back on that stage? I would gladly dance with you

Well lets see what happens.

She bit her lip and smiled walking towards the dance studio and the cafe. She loved the little cafe for the soups they had and how relaxed it was.

They walked toward the cafe, he realized he was hungrier than he realized

A bowl of soup and a half a sandwich was his favorite lunch, particularly good homemade soups like the cafe

The walked in and the aromas smelled delicious!

There is our girl.

The older woman that ran the cafe ran up to hug her.

Hearing that the coach walked over to her.

Good to see you on campus. Whenever you are ready to return to the team we are here for you. You get so lost in the dancing I wonder if it would not be a good thing for you to do if you think you should.

Actually, Dr. Blackwind suggested it we were going to be grabbing a bite to eat and then come talk to you

Rick didn't know the coach but held out his hand to introduce himself, they had seen each other around campus, but never had a real reason to overlap...until now...until her

I've heard wonderful things about your program and you from Talia

He was stretching the truth, as she didn't talk about it much, but from the way she danced he knew she loved it

She smiled at him shaking his hand.

Well, thank you for taking care of our Talia.

She smiled at Talia.

We have missed you and I will be glad to have you back with the team. We have implemented that new choreography you were working on.

Rick perked up, this must intrigue her, it intrigued him

New choreography

Would you like to see it, see your ideas in action?

Why just watch it why not join us and dance Talia. Test the waters so to speak.

She nodded to the coach.

I will try yeah.

Great when you are done eating mett us in the studio I will get everyone together for a relaxed practice.

Rick smiled as he heard her agree

She was taking her life back

He didn't mention it again as they ate, terrified she might rethink it

But as soon as they were done she hopped up...an excited look on her face

He just looked at her, lovingly, supportingly

Okay lover, let's go!

She smiled and started to walk toward the dance studio. She was a little on edge about all of this but still, she was willing to try.

Let's go... see if I can do this. you won't get too upset if I dance with my normal couples dance partner right?

She teased with a wink and a smirk.

He could tell she was nervous, but that seemed normal

He ignored her comment, he knew she was teasing, and he just wanted to be supportive

He took her arm and started to walk her over

Just have fun and try to enjoy it

She nodded and moved down front of the studio as they walked in and smiled to everyone tensing when they offered hugs but her couples partner got them to stop and back off a little while her eyes sought out Rick

He watched her from afar

Trying to be welcoming, but then tensing

He saw her looking for him, and he moved closer so she could see him

It's okay Talia...I'm here...just try to enjoy being back with your friends, doing what you are so good at

They all apologized and moved to wait to see what routine they were going to do. She just smiled at him and her partner and moved to join them as they began the music and a group routine. She was a little slower to let the music take her over but it did happen as it always did.

He saw her smile and then nodded

Her body began to let itself just enjoy, let instincts and god given talent take over, unrestricted by conscious thought or unconscious fears

She was beautiful, athletic, sexy an artist....this was where she belonged, where she was happiest

He moved back into the shadows, he would wait and enjoy but did not want to distract

This was her time!

Back