Sugartitties 2.0

while I am not one to recommend daily weight checks (for just that reason - far too easy to get caught up in a one-day change that could have a perfectly good physiological reason rather than focusing on the trend, which can derail your self-esteem if you let it...) you need to do whatever works for you. :)

This very much. My doctor always stressed weighing once a week, because day-to-day there is too much fluctuation that can be happening for other reasons.

You do you of course, but I fear you're subjecting yourself to an unnecessary mindfuck.

(Unnecessary Mindfuck is my Nine Inch Nails cover band.)

Weight Loss is a Journey

First of all this is a great thread! I've been going up and down for the last few years. It can be frustrating to make progress one week and take two steps back the next.

I'm not extremely over weight, but know I need to slim down for better overall health. The biggest issue is that besides working out 5 days a week, the majority of my day is pretty sedentary. Due to work I'm in a location where I work behind a desk and there are not many opportunities to burn extra calories from just being active.

Anyway, thanks for creating the thread and I wish you all the best on your journies.

First of all this is a great thread! I've been going up and down for the last few years. It can be frustrating to make progress one week and take two steps back the next.

I'm not extremely over weight, but know I need to slim down for better overall health. The biggest issue is that besides working out 5 days a week, the majority of my day is pretty sedentary. Due to work I'm in a location where I work behind a desk and there are not many opportunities to burn extra calories from just being active.

Anyway, thanks for creating the thread and I wish you all the best on your journies.

Thank you for sharing that. I put on about 15 pandemic pounds but have lost about 8 of those. It’s a constant battle, but I’d rather be fighting it from the position I am in now than where I was 3 years ago.

I feel much sexier and healthier, and I am able to do more of the things I love.

I put on almost 30lbs with the pandemic. I am a bit of an extrovert used to going out almost every night, so when forced to stay home I went out for lunch or dinner. Since the only places open are the Wendy's or McDonald's drive thru, well thats where I went.

I've also lost two jobs during this whole thing and the depression is starting to hit. It kills my motivation to work out and be healthy. The last 12 months have been pretty awful for me

I put on almost 30lbs with the pandemic. I am a bit of an extrovert used to going out almost every night, so when forced to stay home I went out for lunch or dinner. Since the only places open are the Wendy's or McDonald's drive thru, well thats where I went.

I've also lost two jobs during this whole thing and the depression is starting to hit. It kills my motivation to work out and be healthy. The last 12 months have been pretty awful for me

Omg, I totally feel this. I’m an extrovert who totally loved going to work everyday and seeing my fellow coworkers. Having that shut down suddenly and unexpectedly was really hard. I miss them and my students. Then my husband got transferred and I had to leave that job and the state. I’m still trying to find my way. Also had to have major knee surgery, which had me down for the count and recuperating these last 8 weeks.

I’d just love my life to feel normal again.

Oh Dang These Fat Fingers!

Just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery from your knee surgery. My wife had a total right knee replacement two years ago and has not looked back. She's now very active and a bit of a gym rat.

Take advantage of any therapy you are offered, follow the Docs instruction, and you'll be riding the SO down the home stretch in no time.

Last edited:
Just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery from your knee surgery. My wife had a total right knee replacement two years ago and has not looked back. She's now very active and a bit of a gym rat.

Take advantage of any therapy you are offered, follow the Docs instruction, and you'll be riding the SO down the home stretch in no time.

I’m walking fairly normally now and without the ugly pain from the arthritic joint. The other knee is messed up, too, with torn ACL and meniscus, but I am hopefully going to get another year on it.

I’m totally looking forward to riding the SO, and I wouldn’t mind being on my knees again either!;):cool:

I’m walking fairly normally now and without the ugly pain from the arthritic joint. The other knee is messed up, too, with torn ACL and meniscus, but I am hopefully going to get another year on it.

I’m totally looking forward to riding the SO, and I wouldn’t mind being on my knees again either!;):cool:

Now that's a great way to motivate yourself.

Good to hear you are on the mend physically. I hope you find some human interaction in your new location with the pandemic hopefully turning the corner now.

Good to hear you are on the mend physically. I hope you find some human interaction in your new location with the pandemic hopefully turning the corner now.

I’m gradually making more friends, now it’s more about getting the job situation sorted out.

Back