Story Categorization Question

Hi there, newer writer here! My question has to do with the story categorization system (e.g. Erotic Couplings, Lesbian Sex, etc) and essentially, my question is, how rigid is it? I ask because I have a story that involves both sex between two women, sex between a woman and a man, and a threesome. "Erotic Couplings" seems to be a catch-all category which could work, though I'd be hesitant to put it under the Lesbian or the Group classification, because the story does involve heterosexual intercourse, and only one group scene. Any help or advice would be appreciated!

I had a similar problem with a story I'd written. Since it was longer than the average story, I picked the Novels and Novellas category. Problem solved.
In your case, give it your best shot as to the category. The final decision maker is Laurel, who many times changes the category the author has chosen.

Thanks to both of you. Thanks for asking, thanks for answering. This is something I've wondered about myself, as all the stories churning around in my overworked brain would seem to fit equally well in multiple categories. Most of them might fit best in Loving Wives, but if I've learned anything from reading comments in the forum, it's to avoid the Loving Wives category, where the sharks are always circling and they don't even need to scent blood to inspire them to attack.

The classifications are fairly flexible. Keep in mind that they exists to serve you and the reader, so getting too far off track doesn’t help either. Check out Love Your Readers, a good explanation.

Back