Stolen Away (Closed for KaosDancer)

Getting back to camp, grinning and out of breath, I dropped onto my old cooler to rest. I looked up at Tess, marveling at her wondrous smile, and caught movement behind her, heading over the hill to the east of our camp... Leaping up once more, no longer smiling, I could just make out what looked like a load of laundry vanishing into the distance... Laundry!? FUCK!

I tore into my tent, startling the two moaning Faeries as they lay across the cot, and dug into my backpack, looking for... DAMMIT! "Who was in here!?" I demanded, glaring at the pair on the bed "Who stole my fucking clothes?"

"We saw no one Master!" gasped Spiderwort, rising to her knees and raising her hands to her lips in fear "No one, I swear!"

Heaving a sigh, I waved my hands at the tiny creatures, letting them know it was alright, and exited the tent again, looking at Theresa with a mixture of amusement and anger in my eyes. "You... uh... You might wanna check on your gear. I think I just saw all our clothes floating off over the hill..."

Still pondering Glorymorn's statement, I ran back to camp at D's side. As we entered the encampment, my attention immediately captured by a delicate silk garment which was thrown over my chair, where I had thrown my old terry robe. I picked it up; the color was a exotic blend of blues and greens, which reminded me cool, still water. "What the...?" I asked turning to D.

I was surprised to see that he was no where in sight, and that the door of his tent stood wide open. I heard him yell about his clothes, and then he reappeared at the door with a strange look on his face. At the news that he thought our clothes had been taken, I simply lifted the robe up for him to see and said, “Yeah. I kinda figured that.”

I looked down at the dainty embroidered slippers which were sitting where I had kicked my beat-up old bunny slippers and said, “I just hope they left me something I can work in. We’re gonna have to fetch water and firewood today.”

Shaking my head, I sat down heavily on the cooler once more. "Well," I said with a grin "I have a stack of what looked like leather pants and vests in there, so I can work in those, I quess. If it comes down to it, you can borrow my jeans and shirts if you want. Heck, they might look better on you anyway!" I raised up then, and reached under me to grab a beer out of the cooler. It was gonna be a rather long day, and I had a feeling I was gonna need it. With a questioning look on my face, I pulled out one of the little ceramic jugs that had been dropped inside, and then plopped back down with a shrug, figuring that if they had wanted to kill us, there had been alot better ways to do it than poisoning. Unsealing the cork, I sniffed at the contents and raised an eyebrow at the undeniable scent of Honey Mead that wafted out. Taking a sip, I was surprized at the wonderful taste, and smiled appreciatively.

Looking back to Tess, I said "First things first though, lets get some food in us, and we'll plan our day from there. How's that sound?"

"Sounds great!" I told him with a smile, "But you'd better put that aside until we do, don't you think?" I paused for a moment, wondering if I had gone too far. I mean, who was I to tell him when and what to drink. Oh well, I shrugged and added, "it's probably a bit... stronger than the beer."

I paused, the bottle at my lips, and looked at her. There was something... familiar about this, something that sat me on edge. Lowering the bottle, I looked dead at her, my eyes glowing strangely, and spoke in a rather calm, even voice, saying "You might well just thank this little bottle for takin the edge off my mood, Theresa. I've never been one to appreciate bein teased, not by anyone. Now I know it wasn't you, and I know you didn't know anything about it, but those Faeries of yours got me good and riled up, and without somethin to dull it down, that outfit you're wearin gets ta bein a very dangerous one to have on."

Rising, taking the bottle with me, I strode to my tent, only stopping at the raised flap to say "I'll toss out the clothes, so you can change if ya want. I'll go ahead and wear what they left me... And for the record, you ain't got no idea how well I can handle alcohol."

I stared at the closed tent in anger. “Of all the…” I whispered softy to myself, and then turned and went into my own tent to survey what they had left me. The inside of my nylon home looked completely different. There was a large wardrobe on one side, my air mattress had been replaced by 4-poster bed filled with lots of fluffy pillows, and my packs by a couple of trunks and a chest of drawers.

I stood and stared around me in amazement for a while. How in the world did they manage this? I asked myself, surveying my new accommodations. I couldn’t help myself, all my frustration with D, and the situation I was in just faded away as I went through the cabinets like a kid at Christmas.

The wardrobe was filled with gowns, some more elaborate than the one I now wore, and some planer, but they all were rather impractical for working in. But, for some reason, it really didn’t matter to me for a moment, as I allowed my hands to play along the delicate silks and satins. Marveling at the lace and embroidery work and imagining how each of them would feel, and how I would look in them. I stayed that way for an interminable time, until I finally managed to tear myself away. If it hadn’t been for my curiosity about what else they had left, I’m not sure I’d have been able to do it.

The drawers held delicate undergarments, nightgowns and jewelry. Exquisite earrings and necklaces, rings for my fingers and toes and a wild profusion of items for my hair. Then there was the makeup and scents. I opened one of the bottles and the delicate scent of lavender filled the air, while another contained an earthy musk that stirred me to my core. For a moment, the image of D's tightly filled jean forced its way to the forefront of my mind, and I thought about throwing caution to the wind, and just going to him and giving in to the fire within me. I was almost to the door, the little bottle still in my hand when I came to myself. "No." I told myself firmly, closing the lid on the bottle as I did so. “I’m not sure what’s going on here, but I’m not ready to just give up yet.”

Worried that I may actually be forced to wear D’s hand-me-downs, I opened one of the trunks, and here, finally, I found something that could work. Tight leather pants, a ruffled silk blouse in a deep burgundy, and a strange long flaring leather jacket, split up the back. For some reason it reminded me of a riding outfit, though I’d never been on a horse in my life. I set the clothes on the bed, and went in search of some sensible shoes. The last trunk contained footwear, most of it incredibly impractical, but then I found the perfect companion to my ensemble, a pair of thigh-high leather boots.

I slipped the gown off over my head and began dressing myself. It was rather frustrating. It seemed that many of the fasteners and ties were set up specifically to make it difficult for me. After a while I just stopped, having realized what I needed if I was ever going to get dressed. “Glory?” I whispered softly.

“Yes mistress.” Came an immediate reply from right behind me.

“Get me into this thing.” I said with a shake of my head, standing up and holding my arms out. Within seconds, I was surrounded by a cloud of fairies, tying and fastening the outfit into place.

“Close your eyes mistress.” A soft voice said, from next to my ear. Seeing no reason not to comply, I did so, felt my face being done up by delicate, almost imperceptible hands. Even though I didn’t want to admit it. I loved it. I’d always enjoyed being pampered, and back in my old life I had a $500 a month spa habit, much to my financial advisor’s chagrin. Then they moved onto my hair. Changing it completely from the lovely arrangement they had already had it in that morning.

“Done Mistress.” Said the now-familiar voice of my little glory, so I opened my eyes and gasped in amazement. From somewhere, who knows were, the little things had procured a full-length mirror, and I could not believe my eyes. Even though this outfit covered me, completely, I doubted it was going to be much of an improvement in D’s eyes. The pants fit like second skin, and even though they were covered by the coat, the splits seemed specifically positioned to give tantalizing glimpses to the legs and buttocks underneath. The boots accented that long line of my well-muscled legs and the bit of ruffle that peeked out at the cuffs was just cute. I stood there admiring myself for a moment, but then my stomach growled and I remembered that I hadn’t eaten yet. I peeked out of my tent to see if he was out there waiting, and when I saw that he was I called out. “I found something to wear that’s a bit more practical than a gown,” and stepped out the doorway of my tent. I walked over to him and smiled. “Sorry if I upset you with the remark about the alcohol. You’re right. I don’t know you.”

With that I turned to see what I could come up with to feed us, and to my delight, there was a basket of goodies waiting for us at the table. I scooted my chair up close to the table, sat down and looked over at him. “Aren’t you gonna get something to eat?” I asked with a sweet smile on my face.

I dropped the flap on my tent, fuming at the audacity of the woman outside, and took a long drink from the bottle in my hand, savoring the cool, sweet liquid as I growled and thought about what she had said. She had no friggin clue who she was talking too! "M-master?" said a shaking Mapleflame, flittering up to pet my cheek with her soft hand "Is there a way we might soften your anger?"

Closing my eyes, I sighed deeply and reached up to stroke her naked thigh, making her shudder as I replied "It's alright little one, I think you just did. But how did you know I was mad?"

"We can feel your emotions Master!" chimed in Spiderwort, flying up to take her spot on my shoulder "We could before, somewhat, but now we can, more than anything!" The music of her voice, the joy and excitement in it, mixed with the fact that she was hugging the side of my face with her bare little body again, was more than enough to break my foul mood, and I chuckled lightly before bidding them button up the tent. "Of course Master!" Spiderwort replied, a bright shine coming to her eyes "And what shall we do then?"

It was an innocent question, and from anyone or anything else it may well have been innocent, but when I turned to look at the small purple-winged creature as she and her sister went to do as I asked, I caught the unmistakable look on her tiny face, and huffed in mock annoyance. "No, you silly little trollop!" I said with a grin "I just have to change clothes. For some reason these smell a bit... musky."

Just finishing the final buttons, the pair of Sprites broke into musical laughter, rolling through the air as though they were spinning through water. They were still giggling when they came over to me again, and gently pushed my hands away as I started to get undressed. ”It is our duty Master.” Maple said, caressing the side of my neck as she gripped the collar of my overshirt ”We are to serve you… in all things…”

The emphasis on the word 'all', coupled with the growing warmth of their small bodies, left little doubt as to her meaning, and I felt the now-familiar pain returning to my frustrated nethers. The tiny pair made short work of my overshirt, and after some exploration, which felt rather good, figured out how to remove my T-shirt as well. ”Put those outside, Wort…” I said as Spiderwort folded them neatly and started to lay them on the table ”Theresa might need something to wear so she can work.”

She nodded and hurried over to the buttoned flap, struggling to carry both shirts by herself, and soon had them placed just beyond the lower edge of the opening. In the meantime, Mapleflame had been examining my boots carefully, and had at last arrived at how to unfasten them, clapping her hands like a happy child before she began tugging at the laces, and eventually had the first one undone. Spiderwort, watching her sister intently, saw the way that worked best, and was only a few heartbeats behind her with the other one. The pair of them looked up at me expectantly, and I smiled down at them as I kicked out of the heavy boots, and automatically stepped on the toes of my socks and pulled my legs back, pulling them off without any assistance from the tiny pair. They turned to me with matching tear-filled eyes at that, and I had to fight back a laugh as I apologized for not letting them do it, explaining that I had been doing that for so long it was almost second nature now. They seemed to accept this explanation, grudgingly, and rolled the socks up to place them inside the boots, placing them outside as well, while I closed my eyes and strained not to laugh out loud. Then it came time to fight with my pants…

They circled me slowly, lightly brushing my waist with their hands as they examined the garment, and damn near driving me crazy in the process! By the time they worked out how to open the front of the jeans, my dick was straining the zipper and had the fabric pulled so tight they couldn’t work the button back through the hole. ”Mapleflame is sorry Master…” wailed the autumn-colored Sprite, wrapping her small arms around the offending bulge ”We have failed in our first task! Please, punish poor Mapleflame harshly! Dear sweet Master…”

”Yes,” sang the darker form of her sister ”Master must punish his slaves… Spiderwort has failed, sister Mapleflame has failed… We are sorry Master!” I rolled my eyes at the melodramatic antics, and unbuttoned the damn things myself, having to strain to do so even then, and slid the zipper down carefully, not wanting to catch or pinch anything. I was rewarded with squeals of joy from both of them, and they peppered me with warm, soft kisses until I told them to stop.

With one on each side, they slid my jeans down, and worked them off my feet as I stepped out of them, then they slid back up my legs and delighted over the elastic qualities of my boxers, each one spreading the waistband out as far as they could, and zipping toward my feet, leaving me nude in their presence for the first time… They clung together then, hovering in the air before me as they let their eyes explore my body, and eventually zeroed in on my angry red manhood, as it stood harder and larger than I could remember it ever being, and was almost hot to the touch.

Floating downward, they separated before it, seemingly in awe of my size, and Mapleflame reached out, almost as if hypnotized, and sought to touch it, only to have her hand snatched back by Spiderwort. Blinking and confused, the red and orange dancer looked to her sister, and Spiderwort, always seeming wiser, looked up at my face as she spoke. ”Permission first, dear sister… we must ask the Master for permission before we touch there. Might your slaves have permission Master? May we please you, as Spiderwort promised… as sister Mapleflame desires? Please Master? Sweet, sweet Master…”

My eyes seemed to glaze over slightly, my head felt light, dizzy. My blood was pounding in my ears, and all I could see clearly was the look of utter longing on their tiny doll-like faces… ”You have my permission, my servants. Please your Master.” My voice sounded strange, almost like it belonged to someone else… How were they gonna “please me” anyway? They were smaller that the dick they faced for goodness sake! If they were Satyrs, or Nymphs… that would be different, then we could play! But they were Sprites… what could Sprites do?

With looks of pure delight and sheer lust, they threw themselves at the task before them, wrapping their arms and legs around the shaft of my turgid prick and using their wings to move themselves. They giggled, they moaned, they rubbed their small bodies across the tender flesh of my cock with wild abandon, the juices from their oozing cunts proved more than adequate to lubricate the surface of my shaft as they slipped and slid across me. Their tongues, not to be left out, licked and lathed across me, serving as tiny points of higher heat against the backdrop of their warmed bodies, and the entirety of the effect making my knees grow rapidly too weak to hold me!

I sat on the edge of the cot, and eventually even flopped back into it, their ministrations growing more avid and driven as they grew to know where and to what extent they could manipulate my enflamed flesh. Once I lay back, apparently a signal they had been waiting for, the pair split, with Mapleflame remaining on duty massaging and playing with my thrumming penis, while Spiderwort began exploring further, wandering across my torso, licking, petting, savoring, and sucking until she had discovered exactly what excited me, the little tricks and twists that made me crazy. Once she had them, she plied them liberally, winding her way back down to join her sister, and eventually wrapping herself around the base of my meat, facing downward and hanging on only by her wide-spread and slippery legs so she could play with my testicles hidden within their pouch of skin.

As she did this, giggling and licking everything she could reach, Mapleflame devoted herself to the head of my quivering staff, licking, petting, rubbing her body all across and around it, and even scooting her slick center back and forth across the tip as she had done with my finger earlier that day. She seemed lost in her desire, driven and determined to find the perfect combination of pressure, stroking, and heat that would let me find the release I so desired. Between the pair, with little Wort sliding up from below and Maple slipping down from above, I felt that strange tightening, that tingle that meant only one thing... With my hands gripping the sides of the cot, with the pounding blood in my ears shrouding the telltale cracking and screeching from the abused wood, and my jaw clenched to avoid screaming as I did last evening, I felt my body stiffen, and soon felt the spasmodic, rapturous bliss of release as I fired spurt after spurt of cum into the air, only to have it rain down on my stomach, thighs, and the squealing and giggling pair of my tiny slaves… This, of course, was shortly before the long-suffering cot gave out, and I crashed to the floor of the tent…

I lay there, breathing hard, fighting to remain conscious as I sprawled across the shattered remnants of my bed, and felt the soft touch of their hands and tongues as they cleaned up the mess, felt the cool mists of the magic the called forth, and the tender and careful attentions they used as they scrubbed my skin with soft cloths. I drowsed as the attended me, and woke to find the two of them curled up like a pair of kittens in the middle of my chest. I gave a deep, pleasant rumble, and grinned as I watched their eyes snap open, and looked at the shy, adoring smiles that they gave me.

”Good girls…” I purred to them, getting delighted looks and kisses in return. ”But I have to get up now, and finish getting cleaned up.”

”All clean, Master!” Wort said with a nod ”Your servants were very thorough. We love Master, and would not have him offend.”

Coughing slightly at the ‘very thorough’ comment, I sat up as the Sprites fluttered upward, saying ”Well, I’d better check, that stuff is awful sticky, and…”

”Oh no, Master!” Maple gasped, shaking her head ”We would never waste such a precious gift as that! Mapleflame promises we retrieved it all!”

I continued to rise, shooting her an odd look, and not really wanting to know at the moment what they were ‘retrieving’ it for, I looked around to see where the clothes I had seen earlier had gotten off to. Seeing my look, the girls got to work once more, and, being much more familiar with these that my modern clothing, soon had me attired in the garb that had been ‘gifted’ to me. I had opted not to wear any of the flowing, poofy-sleeved silk shirts, knowing that I would be tracking through the trees gathering wood, but had settled into the sturdy and beautifully tooled leather vest easily enough. The tight ‘v’ of the cut seemed to be custom made for me, and the flare at the shoulder was capped with a thick roll of leather, like the piping on an old-time Pirate costume. The carved wooden buttons were shaped like leaves, each of the thirteen being a different type, and were some of the finest work I had ever seen, and the overall weight of the thing seemed to fall perfectly across my upper body.

My legs were covered in a pair of the leather pants I had seen earlier, made of a patchwork design, and so soft I was amazed that they were, indeed, leather. There was no zipper, but instead an odd arrangement of overlapping flaps, each one buttoned in place, but that allowed for greater ease of movement than even my most comfortable jeans. Like the vest, the pants seemed custom made for me, and I could feel the fact that they clung to my posterior as well as they clung to my thighs and calves. There was a woven belt, made from the thinnest threads, and worked with small beads of stone, crystal, and ceramic in an intricate vine-work design. From this, and purely for artistic merit, the Sprites hung a front and rear loincloth of soft leather in a complimentary color.

Below it all, instead of my normal workboots, which I looked for in vain before I agreed to wear these, I wore soft leather boots that reached up over my knees and were bound in place with external strapping. The tops, as opposed to simply flopping around, were neatly folded over and lay back down over the straps. The bottoms were of rougher, boiled leather, and were stitched in place with great care. I had to admit, they were extremely comfortable, and I was able to walk in them as if I were barefoot, gaining a freedom of movement I had lost while wearing the clunky workboots, while the thicker leather still afforded me the protection I would need. Nice.

They then turned their attentions to my hair and beard, fussing and fretting about it until I finally just gave up and let them have their way, and by the time I got outside, again commanding them to remain in the tent, I felt as though I had escaped a villainous beauty parlor! I looked around, but didn’t see my clothes, and nodded, figuring that Tess must have gathered them up, and then went to sit on the cooler to wait for her… But there was no cooler to find. Instead, and in the same spot, I found a raised stone circle, much like a small well, with much more of it submerged below ground than what showed above, lidded in stone and hinged with a thick copper bar, and filled with ceramic jugs and the last of my beers. The rest of the camp had changed as well... The folding metal table had been replaced with a broad wooden one, gleaming in the dappled light of the huge shade tree that was suddenly sheltering the camp. Two chairs, high backed and padded with sumptuous-looking cushions, flanked it on either side, the rich carvings matching the intricate design that edged the table. The metal fire pit had been replaced by a deep firepit lined with natural stone, and even from here I could see that most of the pots and pans she had brought with her had been replaced with copperware. Well shit.

Reaching into my new ‘cooler’, which was surprisingly cold, I snagged another of the small jugs and made my way to the new table, pulling out one of the chairs and lowering myself into the comfortable embrace of the cushion. Looking around the camp, shaking my head in, if not amazement, then incredulity, I reached forward and grabbed a rather succulent looking orange from the woven grass basket of fruits and berries that had been so thoughtfully provided for us, and began peeling it as I waited for Theresa to reappear, kicking my feet up on the table while I did so.

When she came out, also clad in leather and with a meticulous hairstyle, she preened and posed, obviously fishing for a compliment, but her first words, reminding me about what she had said, sort of set me off a bit, and I wasn't about to give her a thing unless she earned it. She did look good though, damned good! The peekaboo effect that her coat was playing with her curvy backside was intriguing, and I was still thinking about how she looked when she flounced down into the other chair and reached toward the basket, asking if I was going to get anything for myself. I held up the orange I had in my hand, showing her that I had already done so, and spoke to her at last, saying "You don't have ta worry to much about me drinkin here anyway. The stuff in those bottles is Honey Mead. It's nice and sweet, a good source of suger and all, but it doesn't have that much alcohol to it. It's actually about like a beer..."

I watched her for a minute more, taking a bite of my orange and raising a brow at the intense flavor of the fruit before I asked the obvious question, saying "So...Tess. Do you notice anything 'new' about the camp?"

I didn't feel like telling him the truth - that I hadn't been able to concentrate on anything but him since I walked out of my tent. His taunt body was beautifully set off by the tight leather outfit and his hair fell in golden waves around his face. I sighed to myself, and then looked around. "No everything looks fine..." I started and then stopped and shook my head. 'What in the world was I saying?' I thought to myself. I sighed deeply and looked over at my companion.

"I don't know what I'm saying." I said softly. "I actually meant that." I shook my head and whispered. "What's happening to me?"

I nodded, taking another bite of orange. I had half expected that... "It's okay Theresa," I said softly looking at her with a calm expression "They almost got me last night... it was... interesting. But you're okay now. Just relax, don't react. They can feel your emotions... Spiderwort told me she could sense my emotions even before she became so attached to me. It seems the closer they get to us, the more we interact with them, the more they can pick up., so relax..."

Thinking about Spiderwort brought a few other thoughts to mind, and I felt myself begin to grow a bit flushed. I couldn't look at Tess right now, couldn't let her see the look in my eyes, but there was something she might be able to help me with... "Listen... I, uh... I hate ta ask, but you wouldn't happen to have an extra air mattress or somethin would ya? A sleeping bag? I kinda... crushed... my cot."

"Crushed your...? I stopped and looked at him for a moment, wondering if he always reacted so... physically when someone irritated him. "Guess you were a bit angrier at me than I though." I gave him another worried glance, and then turned my attention back to the basket. Picking up a honeybun, I looked back over at him and said, "As for an air mattress, well..." I looked around the camp site for a moment and back at him. "Let's just say that things didn't just change out here." I took a bite out of the sweet bread, and setting it aside on a convenient glass plate I said, "Come on. Let me show you."
I stood up and walked over to my tent. Noticing as I did that the size and shape of my old tent had been modified to better fit the new furnishings inside. I opened the door, and stood back and gestured inside.

Last edited:
Angry? But I... I thought for a moment, then allowed her to think whatever she wanted. It wouldn't matter one way or the other, so let her be a bit worried. I rose and followed her, standing behind her so I could see, and allowing her to back into me when she tried to get out of the way. I said nothing to her about it, but allowed my gaze to slide over her for a moment as I slipped past, entering the altered tent and spinning in a slow circle to see the furnishings and other differences that had been made since yesterday.

"Well," I said after completing my survey "It looks like they brought you some decent stuff at least! At any rate, you ain't got no extra bedding, and there ain't but the one bed here. I've slept on the ground before, I expect I can do it again... don't worry about it none." Shaking my head, a look of dismissal on my face, I exited her tent, but just as I drew even with her, just as I reached the very edge of her vision, I allowed a look of worry to wash over my face and rubbed my forehead as I walked back over to the table.

Sitting down once more, I popped the last of my orange into my mouth, a look of non-chalance on my face once more as I asked "So. I assume you're fetchin the water? Or did you wanna go wanderin around in the woods?"

“Are you sure we should split up?” I asked him as I rejoined him at the table and picked up my breakfast.

"Well," I said with a shrug "I'm thinkin that the spring would make an easier fetch point than the pool, right? Judging by how they responded to me last time, d'ya think I should go back over there if I didn't have to? Likewise, you didn't seem all too comfortable in the trees..."

I looked at her, flipping my hair back over my shoulder as I stretched my arms out, saying "Course if ye want we can stick together, but in all honesty I don't think there's a need. Those Sprites seem ta do what you tell 'em, so you might just get some help if ye want it. Likewise, I have a few ‘acquaintances’ in the trees that might be able ta lend me a hand, but you might not appreciate 'em too awful much."

“Oh really?” I asked raising one eyebrow at my enigmatic companion and wondering again about what kind of creatures answered to him. When I was sure he wasn't going to explain further I shrugged to myself and said, "Well then. Water it is.”

I quickly finished my roll and licked my fingers clean. I then stood up and walked over to the spot where I had put the water jugs, and picked up the large empty water skins that lay there. “See you back here when I get done.” I said, and then turned and walked away down the path to the spring.

Smiling after her, not bothering to avert my gaze as her legs and ass danced and swung through the slight window of her coattails, I popped the seal on my second bottle of the morning and heaved myself to my feet. I walked away from the path she had followed, headed toward the distant wood, and paused only long enough to tap on the side of my tent and call for the Sprites inside. "C'mon girls, we're off to the forest to fetch some firewood."

The giggling pair darted out from under the flap, and took their places on my shoulders, making sure to give me a kiss each before settling in for the ride, and all but purring as they cuddled up against my skin. Taking another pull from the bottle, I headed out again, humming the tune to some half-remembered song under my breath, and making the Sprites gasp every time I hit a low note.

Humming and eventually singing, I made my way through the tall grasses, and was on the final verse of “Sweet Home Alabama” by the time I reached the trees. I wandered for several hours, struggling through the underbrush looking for deadfall and scraping my arms on the occasional Hawthorn bush, when I finally sat down on a rock and growled in frustration. There simply had to be an easier way! The Sprites did what they could, carrying twigs and wiping the sweat from my face, but by the time all of us were exhausted there was barely enough wood for a day.

”We will work harder Master…” whispered Spiderwort hoarsely, gasping for breath as she struggled to rise from her place on my thigh ”We will…”

Not harm yourselves." I interjected firmly. "No, little darlin, you did all you could… and I did too. There is just too much to fight with here, and I don’t wanna hurt the trees, because they…I… well shit.” Looking around me, I suddenly recalled what I had told Tess about my 'aquaintences in the woods', and felt really stupid... Sitting up so that my voice will carry, I called out in a loud voice, saying ”Alright y’all, come on out, I know you’re there.”

Peeking out from the bushes, peering from behind rocks, and sliding out from behind the trees themselves came the creatures of the wood. There were the Satyrs, the lusty guardians of the forest, with their sure feet and solid bodies holding delights for the eyes. Brownies next, stunted and dirty, but grinning now that I had figured out the joke. Then came the Pixies, small and fierce, clothed in their armor and ready for battle. They were earthy, the lot of ‘em, visceral, straightforward, and zealous. And right at that moment, I found myself grinning along with them. These were creatures I understood. The Sprites on my lap crawled up my vest, seeking protection from the frightening creatures they found around them, and were slightly taken aback by the reaction I was having.

One of the Satyrs, a healthy young male, sprang forward and bowed low, saying ”And pray, what would be thy bidding Master? Thine summons hath called forth the very strength of the wood, and now stands it ready to carry out thy bidding. But set a task, and thy will is as our own.” He rose then, his bright eyes holding the same question, but his manner respectful.

Shaking my head again, I stood up, and looked around at the small mob. ”Alright folks,” I said, suddenly feeling alot like I was handing out day jobs on a construction site. "We've got a grievous need for firewood back at camp, and I can’t move through here as well as you batch of hoodlums can. Gather all the deadfall you can, and stack it right over here," I said, indicating a spot just beyond the treeline "And then we can sort it out, and get it back to my camp.”

Still shaking my head, I dropped back down onto the rock, and watched for a bit as the crowd worked happily around me. They laughed and sang, danced as they took the wood to the edge of the forested area and piled it in the grass, and played games with each other while they dug through the undergrowth. It was like a party, a barn-raising or something, where everyone shows up, we get the job done, and have the time of our lives. I could really get to like these folks…

One of the Satyrs, a young female with massive breasts and dark blond hair, slid over to me with a coy little wiggle and handed me what looked like a round-backed twelve string guitar with a snapped neck before giggling again and prancing off, her tits bouncing and her little tail swinging. Well, I had been in a few garage bands in my day, and figured what the hell, I was worn out from workin, and might as well entertain the troops, right? I strummed around on the thing, getting the feel for it, and learning where the chords where, and then stormed off into “Dust in the Wind” just as pretty as you please. I tore through three or four other songs, really getting into my range by the time they finished up, and led the way back to camp playing “Sgt. Pepper” and laughing along with the rest of ‘em. A small army of forest dwellers, all carrying what wood they could manage, trailed behind me, and my two little Sprites spun and danced through the air around me, giggling and dashing around above them all. I sat on the edge of my new Stone Cooler, playing whatever I could think of, and even makin some stuff up, while they piled the salvage by the firepit, and made their way back to the woods. The curvy little Satyr girl that had given me the instrument came dancing up, just as the rest were leaving, and kissed me, swinging the instrument out of the way and throwing her arms around my neck while she ground her pebble-like nipples into my chest. Then she stood back up with a flushed and excited look on her face and said ”Tis truth, sirrah, ne’re have I heard such a turn on the lute! Thine hands must hold a magic all their own! Tis yours, sweet Master, in fair trade for the gift of thy music.” Then with a smile and a wink, she was gone, rushing to get back to the shelter of the trees like there was something chasing her, and several did. The others, Satyrs themselves mostly, took an easier path through the swaying grasses, and waved to me in friendship before they vanished over the hill again, leaving me with a new instrument, two flushed and excited Sprites, and enough firewood to last for a month or more!

Last edited:
I strode off down the path. I had been a bit worried about these strange boots, but they felt like broken-in climbing shoes, hugging my feet but flexing with each step. “Hey Glory.” I laughed, “You guys could make a fortune as shoe manufactures.”

“Glorymorn is just glad to know you are happy with them Mistress.” The little blue creature said, as she appeared next to me.

“How long have you been there, anyway?”
I asked her with a smile.

“Glorymorn has not left your side since your return, Mistress.” The little one whispered. “Glorymorn could not bear to be away from you anymore.”

I looked at her for a moment, and then began to blush. “So you saw me down at the lake then?”

“Oh yes Mistress,” she said with a happy nod. “Glorymorn was so glad to see that the nymphs made you happy.”

“Nymphs?” I asked.

“Yes,” the little sprite said with a smile. “The Nereid and the Sylphs.”

Water and air spirits, I though to myself, it makes sense I guess. “So,” I said, “Who do the Nymphs answer to?”

“Why you, of course, my Mistress,” She quickly replied, “While the satyrs, brownies and such belong to the Master. Such crude creatures really…”

I smiled to myself, a few acquaintances in the trees, I thought. No wonder he didn’t want me with him. I glanced back over my shoulder at the camp to see if he was watching and was surprised to see a young woman standing beside the tree that now shaded our table. “What the…” I as asked as I turned and watched the woman peek around the tree in the direction of the forest.

“She is watching him leave.” Glory said.

“But who is she?” I asked.

“She is a Dryad.” The little one said with a shrug. Seeing my confused expression she explained “Another type of nymph, a tree-dweller.”

“Oh.” I said, looking over the beautiful naked creature. “Another one of mine?”

“Oh yes, she’s been hiding from the Master. They are now all afraid of his… appetites.”

Remembering the way he had looked at me when I was dressed, and noting her lush naked form, I just nodded in understanding and turned back to the path, continuing to make my way back down into the secluded valley. As I crested the hill, I was once again struck by the exquisite beauty of the place; in fact it seemed even more delightful than before.

"Come.” Glory said, “Sit, Mistress. We shall take care of the water for you.”

“Don’t be silly.” I said to her “There’s no way you tiny things could…” I stopped, my attentions averted as a group of women, beautiful and elegant, stepped out of the very wood of willow trees that surrounding the spring. Their movements were graceful, their hair was the color of the leaves and their skin was smooth and tan, as was the bark of the trees they had phased out of. Their large eyes focused on me momentarily, and I heard, as if from a great distance, a voice, a greeting from each of them in turn.

One of them, her supple hips swaying as she moved, walked over to me with a soft smile. “Don’t worry Mistress.” She seemed to say, though her gentle curve of a mouth never opened, “My sisters shall attend.” She took the empty water bottles from my slack fingers, and handed them off to a group of sprites who flew them over to the other women. My mind spun, but as it did, subtle bits of data began settling out. Dryads... These were Dryads... They spoke only to the heart, and never in anger… How did I know this? I allowed the one nearest me, whose name I knew now to be Mina, to lead me over to a vine and timber swing beneath the natural arbor as I kept an eye on the whole process.

As I sat down, attended by a flock of Sprites and Mina, a being composed entirely of water rose up from the spring itself and took the bottles from the gentle nature spirits, filled them from the cold spring, and handed them back. This creature captivated me, its physique constantly shifting, first the delicate curves of a woman, and then the broad shoulders of a man... I glanced up at the all too attentive faces of the Glory and the Mina and blushed slightly, saying, “I should be heading back then. I told D I’d meet him…”

Mina stopped me with a shake of her head. “The Master is not back yet,” she said softly, “And he won’t be for a while, I’m afraid. He’s being foolish and not asking for help. They stand ready, however, and will attend him at his request.”

“And they won’t just offer?” I asked.

“No, Mistress.” Glory laughed. “They are a… different sort than we are.”

The Nereid, having completed its chore of filling bottles, turned to face me and smiled. “We are so glad you are home Mistress.” It said softly in my head, using the same trick as the Dryads. Its voice was different, however, like a burbling, with soft echoes of waves. It spoke to me, gave a faint gesture of farewell, and sank back into the water, rejoining the spring once more.

“I just don’t understand.” I said softly dropping my head and covering my face with my hands. “Why does everyone keep acting as if they know me?”

Mina dropped to her knee in front of me, her delicate manner clear as she took my hands in her own twig-like fingers. “Because we do know you, most beloved Mistress,” she said softly, her eyes grown earnest and deep “And Mistress knows us as well. It is only that you have yet to remember.”

Glory flew over and settled on our clasped hands, her face a mask of worry, and her own large eyes filling with tears. “You were gone so long, Mistress. The memories are there, but they are buried awfully deep.”

“But I’m only 28 years old.” I said with an exasperated shake of my head, “and you’ve been coming to me most my life. How could I have possibly…?”

“You have passed through three lifetimes before this, since you left us Mistress.” Mina whispered, her head down and her light green hair draping across her arms.

“We found you before,” Glory said passionately “During your third lifetime. We… we tried to retrieve you” she paused then, a shudder passing through her small frame as she petted and patted my suddenly cold skin “but Mistress was too old by the time we found you, and the Master could not be found so…”

“So it did not turn out well...” Mina finished cryptically, giving the Sprite a warning look.

“But no more talk of that for now.” Glory said, flittering up and smiling. “Come, let us attend you.”

Not wanting to think about what Mina meant, I allowed myself to be drawn back, further into the seclusion of vines and flowers to a hidden pool which steamed in the late morning air.

They stripped me, shushing all objections.

Took me to the pool and the Nymph and the Nereid of the pool bathed me, washing my hair and cleansing my skin. Their hands neither dwelling, nor avoiding the sensitive areas of my anatomy, but coming in contact with them enough to awaken a fire within me.

They lifted me from the water, after which the Nereid retracted to its pool, and Mina began to rub delicate oils into my skin, massaging away all tension with her strong hands and fingers. I felt her hands exploring once again, and soon felt the almost feather soft touch of the cloud of Sprites that accompanied the larger, stronger hands of the nymph. I was half asleep when their attentions became more ardent, I started to object but when I looked up into the loving eyes of Mina, I just couldn’t bring myself to do so. Within moments, the gentle ministrations of my graceful follower brought me to the height of pleasure. I opened my eyes, my back arched and my hands firmly gripping the delicate silk beneath me, and cried out as my body was flooded with a wave of carnal delight. As I was watched as the plants seemed to grow greener, and the attentive fey glowed brighter for an instant. It was if my ecstasy fed them.

Once the waves had subsided, they gently cleaned the sweat and other secretions from my body, and allowed me to doze again. Only to be gently awakened in the same way, again and again. And so I spent the afternoon laying in my secluded grove, being played with by mythical creatures that loved me.

Finally, after what seemed like days to my overwrought mind, they woke me gently with words. “The Master has returned, Mistress...” Glory told me, her delicate hands caressing my nipple as she spoke. “It is time to dress and return to him.”

I sat up and stretched a bit before allowing my beloved followers to dress me, and then followed them out of the secluded grove, back to the field of flowers. “Come.” I said to Glorymorn, pointing to my shoulder, “Since you’re gonna be following me anyway. You may as well just be with me.”

The tiny creature clapped her hands in delight, and then settled on my shoulder, under my hair with one little arm around my neck and the other hand in my hair. I walked back up the path, and arrived just in time to see the last of the satyrs topping the hill as they went back to their forest.

I turned and looked over at D and smiled, “You look like you had a rough day.” I told him as I gave a languid stretch. “So set back and relax. I’ll take care of dinner.” I walked over and opened the second stone cooler and began rummaging through wondering what to make. I found four nice-sized game hens, and decided that they would taste wonderful spitted over the fire. To my delight I also found a jug of heavy cream. Spying a large copper bowl and a whisk, I nodded in satisfaction. Looking over at my little helper, I asked, “Can we get the girls to help?”

“Of course Mistress!” came the chorus around us, as they popped into view.

I set a group of four of the little creatures to whipping some cream while I build up the fire. I was careful to bank a nice bed of coals to one side for the corn and potatoes, but I built the center fairly high and hot so that the birds would be properly seared. Spitting the birds on the thick wooden skewers, I looked over at my companion and said, “Do you mind if I use one of your beers?”

I watched her approach, noticing, as I did so, that she seemed very relaxed and calm. Uh... huh. Seems that I wasn't the only one that had managed to find a bit of peace among the faeries... About damned time... She moved languidly around the camp, picking through the things we had available for dinner, and summoning little balls of colored light that I assumed were other Sprites to help her on occasion.

I watched her work, saw how she focused her attentions of the fire, and paid closer attentions to the way her body moved in that damned leather outfit, and had to blink a few times to snap out of the fog I had fallen into when she asked me a question. Beer? She wanted a beer!? Fuckin A! She could have one, two if she wanted!

"Beer? Sure..." I said, trying to stay casual as I lifted the lid on the stone well I sat on "But if you want a drink, you might like the Mead better..."

With on smooth movement, I stood up from where I squatted in front of the fire, laughing lightly at the misunderstanding. “Sure, I’d love a mead to drink,” I told him, walking over next to where he stood, looking into his cooler, “but I think the beer would go better on the birds, don’t you?” As I stood there inhaling the musky scent of him and watching how he looked in those leather pants, I felt a familiar stirring in my groin. I shook my head at my reaction. While I’d never been a prude, this new… licentiousness was a bit surprising. Not wanting to accidentally bump into him, and give myself away, I stepped back, careful to keep my face neutral.

I dug out a beer and handed it to her, popping the top on the can myself, knowing how difficult they can be if your not ready for 'em, and handed her the open brew, my eyes dancing a bit as I smiled at her, and then got out a couple of the little Mead jugs as well, setting one on the table for her, and opening the other myself. "Well now, I don't know," I said in a conversational tone, fully aware of how close she was, and how utterly fucking feminine she smelled at the moment "Beer and fowl go fairly well together, but honeyed chicken... that does sound good! We might just have to try it one of these days."

“Thanks.” I told him as I took the beer and walked back over to the fire, fully aware of his eyes on me, and somehow unable to keep the sway out of my step. I leaned down to pour the first of many bastings on the sizzling poultry and said, “I noticed your friends gave a gift.” I turned and looked at him. “Are you any good on it?” I asked with teasing smile.

Not bothering to turn away when she "caught me" watching her, I waited about half a heartbeat after her question before returning to my stone seat, and retrieving the round-backed instrument. "I'm alright, I suppose..." I said with a shrug.

I didn't ask what she wanted to hear, I didn't care. I knew what I wanted to play for her. I strummed across the strings once, making sure that my twelve little friends were singing in harmony, and then took a deep breath. I sat my fingers in the complicated configuration I had practiced so long, and used the hardened nails of my right hand to pluck at the strings in the delicate rhythm I needed. The opening riff for Jim Croce's "Time in a Bottle" wafted across the empty space between up, and I pushed my feelings into the music, just like Joey had always told me to try for. "You gotta try to reach inside yerself man," he would say "You have ta find the music in you before you can bring it out."

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
Till Eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day like a treasure and then,
Again, I would spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go
Through time with

If I had a box just for wishes
And dreams that had never come true
The box would be empty
Except for the memory
Of how they were answered by you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go
Through time with

I played... I sang the quiet and moving words... and for only the second or third time in my miserable life, I did feel the music. The nearly silent world around us fell completely still, and you could hear my words and strings all the way to the forest. I sang softly, letting the words pour out of me, not forcing, but feeling, and could more sense that hear the two tiny Sprites that were bound to me, settling themselves into the grass to listen properly. The fire, which had been popping and crackling, now burned with a clean, even flame, as if it too were listening to me... The winds stilled, and even the odd sound of the whisk in the mixing bowl stopped. All was quiet as I sang to her, and when I came to the line that spoke of spending eternity with the one the singer loved, again... I opened my eyes and looked at her, my vision blurred by the tears that had crawled in from the edges of my eyes, and when I closed them again, I felt those warm trickles wind their way down my cheeks to moisten the soft hairs of my thickening beard.

I stopped at last, the somber notes of the final bridge fading slowly from the quiet evening, and opened my eyes again to look at her. I felt... full, somehow, as though she were what I had been reaching out for, and I had finally found her. But the feeling began to fade even as the notes did, and I was left feeling a bit confused and frustrated. I smiled at her though, not knowing what else to do, and said "Was that alright?" in a strangely quiet voice, noticing as I did, that my two servants were crawling forward slowly to lay at my feet, sadness and regret drawn across their beautiful little faces, and the tears falling freely from their eyes, and that the wind and other night-time noises had begun to come back as well.

I stared at him in shock. What had almost happened? I felt bereaved as if I had been offered a taste of salvation, and had it ripped from me at the last possible moment. Whatever was wrong, whatever had happened, I suddenly realized that it was my fault, and that, deep down inside, he knew it.

The sprites took the beer from my numb fingers and continue tending dinner. While I closed my eyes, my mind trying to figure out a way to tell him what I felt. I knew I needed to say I was sorry, even though I couldn’t remember what to apologize for. I turned away, letting him think I was checking on dinner, and struggled to regain my composure. Not knowing what else to do, I began singing back to him, allowing the painful words of Elton John’s “Sorry seems to be the Hardest Word” to express the naked ache in my soul. I couldn’t look at him while I sang; I couldn’t bear to see a look of rejection in his eyes.

I finished, but I still could not stand to turn, instead I just stood and waited. Waited to see, if would forgive me. Waited to see if it would take yet another life for us to be together again.

OOC - for those that need it:
What have I got to do to make you love me
What have I got to do to make you care
What do I do when lightning strikes me
And I wake to find that you're not there

What do I do to make you want me
What have I got to do to be heard
What do I say when it's all over
And sorry seems to be the hardest word

It's sad, so sad
It's a sad, sad situation
And it's getting more and more absurd
It's sad, so sad
Why can't we talk it over
Oh it seems to me
That sorry seems to be the hardest word

What do I do to make you love me
What have I got to do to be heard
What do I do when lightning strikes me
What have I got to do
What have I got to do
When sorry seems to be the hardest word

I didn't think... I moved. The instrument... whatever the Satyr girl had called it, fell to the ground, caught by the unnoticed hands of soft earth that seemed to reach upward at my unspoken need, and that lowered the delicately crafted work to the grass without so much as stirring a single string.

I walked close to her, my body alive and trembling, filled with regret, flooded with desire, and shaken with unknown revelations that I could feel, but not yet see. I raised my hand, slowly tracing the shape of her arm through the coat she still wore, and then stepped forward, enfolding her with my arms, and feeling myself grow instantly calm, instantly at peace... My mind cleared, yet no thoughts would come to me, my heart, which had thudded madly before, now beat with a strong, even rhythm that I had never known. I felt myself breath, I felt myself live for the first time in forever... all because she was in my arms once more...

Without a word I turned her, our eyes meeting, and I saw there a blaze of green fire that seemed to glitter in the gathering dark, and knew that my own eyes were shining with the blue flames that I felt. Not passion, not exactly... though there was certainly that element. No, more like a simple and pure... joy. My rough hands seemed to find their own way to her face, and I held her as I looked into those eyes, and slowly leaned in for that kiss my lips remembered so well...

I tasted then the honey of her breath, and felt again the dewy closeness of her lips... my heart fair fluttered as I sank within that languid embrace, and I would soon as fall from the full moons grace as turn from her divine kiss... Our tongues, like the wrestlers of the ancient coliseums, met and clashed in pleasant combat, and I felt then more than the meter of my pulse rise, though she seemed not to mind. The tricks and travesties that once I had visited to her were as vapor upon strong winds, and the hurt that she had done to me, was burned away by the kindled flame of our joyous reunion. (What?)

My well-lanned fingers, experienced and knowing well the road, wafted across her o're burdened skin, and I wished for naught but the sweet caress of her hands on my own warming skin. (Wait, whats... what is going on!?)

I washed my hands cross her fiery hair, her 'prenticed locks falling like cut wheat afore my fingers as I caressed her tresses, and bid them fall to graces passage o're the ardent manner of my arm, and it was with such a manner that our pleasured tongues did part at last, drawing once more the cool of eventide through the raging tunnels of mine own flare-ed nostrils... (Hey dammit! What the FUCK is going on here!?)

'Twas then that I looked again through the fanned flames of my saphire orbs seeing her as I didst remember, a very daughter of the sun, all glowed within and shining through with the delicate heat of a summers day. I then, being of her and to her the one she had taken... (ALRIGHT! THAT IS E-FUCKING-NUFF!!)

I stumbled back, shaking and scared shitless as I looked at her. I didn't know what was going on, I didn't know what the hell had just happened, and I didn't know who the fuck that had been. But one thing was for damned sure... it wasn't happening again!! I half staggered, half crawled back to the other side of the camp, putting distance between us, and picked up my old fashioned guitar again as I dropped onto the cold stone of the cooler. I didn't say anything... I had no friggin CLUE what I could say, but I knew that I needed to do something... anything to cover for myself.

"I'm.... I'm sorry Tess..." I offered weakly, not really knowing if I was talking about what I had done, or what ... he... had done. "I...um, I had no call ta grab ya like that, and I'm sorry. But that was a beautiful song... do you know anything ... else? Maybe something a bit more upbeat? I might be able to play if you wanna sing or somethin..."

Shut the fuck UP you moron! Geez!

The world was silent as if it was holding its breath, waiting with me for his response. I listen intently, trying to discern what he was doing. When I felt his hand on my arm, I almost shrieked, so tense was I and so silent was his approach. I’d have fallen, if he hadn’t chosen that instance to wrap me in his arms. I relaxed into his embrace. He’s forgiven me! I thought to myself Whatever it was that I did, he’s forgiven… At that moment, he turned me around to face him, and I thought no more. His eyes captured my soul, and when he leaned in to kiss me, my flesh followed after. If he had chosen at that moment to take me to ground and ravish me, I’d have helped rend the clothes from my body.

Suddenly, I saw his eyes change. Whoever this was who now held me, it was not D, not my rightful lord. But this invader still had D’s strength, and held me close with one hand as he brushed back my hair with the other. I pulled my face back from his bruising kiss, but the stranger just allowed his eyes to travel down the v-necked front of my tunic, feasting upon the flesh in plans to soon…

Then, to my relief, I saw D fight his way back out of the mists to which he had been pushed. Not seeming to understand what had happened any better than I did, he released me and fled back over to the cooler, and his instrument. I heard his stumbling attempt to explain away the strangeness of what had just happened, and realized that no more revelations were going to come to either of us, this night.

To help cover my own shaky reactions I said, “Well, maybe later. Dinner’s about done now. Why don’t you set the table while I pull everything out of the fire?” Working quickly, I scooted aside the coals and dug the ears of corn and the potatoes out of the coals. Removing their foil coverings, I placed the perfectly roasted vegetables onto a platter. I then turned my attention to the birds as a cluster of fairies carried the platter over to the table. I slid the birds off the spit onto a second platter, not really bothering to arrange them; we were just going to be eating them in a few minutes. The group of fairies came back over, but most of them stopped in shock at what was on this plate. “Don’t worry girls.” I told them softly. “I’ll carry this one.” They gave me a thankful look and went to fetch the whipped cream.

I threw another log on the fire, and carried the platter over to the table. Trying not to be blatant about it, I was careful to keep from touching him as I placed the platter down in front of my strange dual-personality friend. I took my seat across from him and reached for the unopened bottle of mead he had left for me on the table. Taking one of the crystal goblets, I poured the contents from the bottle and sat it aside, before I tried tasting it. He was right, it was sweet and the alcohol, while low, did seem to help to calm my racing heart.

I looked over at D, and said, “Come on, eat. I don’t want it to get cold.”

Leaving the Lute, now that I could think a bit clearer and remember what the hell it was called, leaning against the cooler, I stood up and moved mutely across the open space, my mind still trying to deal with what had happened… what had almost happened. I had felt myself slipping, had felt like I was simply being… replaced inside my own body, and there wasn’t a damned thing I could do about it. I had seen the direction my eyes had looked though, had felt the heat of my own blood, and knew she was in trouble… I would protect her dammit… even from me.

It had been that promise, one she had never even heard me make, that had done it, I guess… that and just being pissed off enough. She gave me a reason to fight, and my own anger had been the weapon. I had broken through to stand there with her clutched in my arms, her frightened body held tight against me, and I will admit that for a minute there it had been tempting to keep up the act, to carry out the attack that my body was more than ready to make… But I… I am a nice guy… Instead, here I was, fumbling around to set out the china for our meal, and wondering where the hell she kept the silverware.

The meal was good, with the roast birds bringing just the right amount of crisp snap with the skins, and just the right amount of smoke in the heart of the tender meat. The veggies were fantastic, and I relished the baked corn as it seemed to explode in my teeth when bitten, and the potatoes with their perfect temperature for melting the butter she dug from the deep recesses of her cooler. I made sure we both had enough Mead to carry us through the meal, and altogether, we had a pleasant, if uninteractive, meal. The highlight, however, had to be the dessert. The large copper bowl of chilled whipped cream floated over on its little puffs of light, and I had my own two servant Sprites fetch us a batch of the biggest strawberries they could find… As a reward for their efforts, I told them that they could each have one for themselves, but that they had to come back here, and that I would feed it to them. They were off like a shot, twin contrails of purple and orange twirling and twisting about each other through the darkness as they raced toward the spring. I noticed that Tess had one of her own with her, and recognized the wee critter as Glorymorn, the same one that had seemed to be in charge of the others when I had met them last time. She was sitting on the edge of Theresa’s empty plate, nibbling daintily on a piece of corn, and glowing a pale blue in the flickering half-light of the fire.

Soon enough Spiderwort and Mapleflame returned, carrying a rather large woven basket between them. Taking it from them, I told Wort to fetch me a small knife from the kitchen, and ordered Maple to bring me an empty bowl. Taking the sharp blade from the struggling faerie, I sat it on the table beside the basket, and then reached for the bowl, leaving both of the tiny helpers looking at me in curiosity. Apparently, they had never seen anyone actually prep strawberries before, and were having a difficult time understanding why I didn’t just eat them. Returning to my own stores, I ducked into my tent and scared the bejeezus out of a pair of Satyr girls, who seemed to be arranging a bunch of fluffy looking pine branches on the floor.

”What in the hell are you doing?” I asked the nearest one, who happened to be the same buxom gal that had given me the Lute, while my face took on a look of confusion and my voice took on that creeping mode of incredulous humor I often got when I found something amusing and interesting at the same time. "Tis a bed for you sirrah!” she gushed, her face and upper breasts turning a darling shade of pink ”T’would not do to have our Lord lay to the bare earth, no matter how comfortable he can make it seem… The boughs of pine are soft and will spring beneath thee, bouncing with thy movements, and availing themselves of whate’re position thou might wish. T’was also our pleasure, M’lord to cast thine bed wide enough for thyself and more… shouldst thou be desirous of company.”

I raised an eyebrow at her, fully aware that we hadn’t been talking about pine limbs for quite some time, and said ”Well whatever, just fix it up and head back to the woods. I don’t really want Tess ta see y’all in here.” I moved past her, a move made difficult by the fact that she seemed determined to brush against me as much as possible, and reached into snag the small container of sugar I had seen in the supplies box they had so graciously given me. Turning around, unfortunately still partially crouched over, I ran full into “Chesty”, and she threw her arms around my neck and dropped her lips to mine, moaning softly and smiling. I stood up, my lips pursed and nonresponsive, and she found herself dangling about a foot off the floor, her little hooves flicking back and forth until she dropped from my neck and pulled back to look at me with large eyes. ”Finish it… and get… out.” I growled at her, my jaw locked, and my eyes rock hard.

They returned quickly to their task, and I got the hell out, slapping a smile to my face as I came back to the table and took a seat. I pared down the berries, removing the tops and cutting them into thin slices, placing them into the bowl in layers, with a heavy-handed sprinkling of sugar between each one. Soon enough, they were all in the mix, and I winked at the still confused Sprites and stirred it with a handy spoon to get it all worked through. ”I need two small bowls, girls.” I told them, and had them scurrying off to fetch them for me. Filling the bowls with the berries, I then scooped out a good serving of the cream each, and slid hers across the table to her. I took a bite of mine, and smiled, feeling the cream and syrup slide down the back of my throat, knew that something had happened right for a change. The strange situation be damned, this was all me, and it was good. As promised, I held up a bit of berry, now drenched in the heavy syrup that the sugar had created, and coated in the whipped cream that the other Sprites had made, to my tiny slaves, allowing first one, then the other to take their first bite, and watched them flitter and spark, drawn damn near to orgasm by the taste of the treat. I fed them more, bit by bit, until they had consumed about a berry each, as promised, eating mine at the same time, and enjoying the show they put on after each bite, and soon found myself scooping out the last dregs of syrup, the last floating islands of the whipped cream. My dessert then complete, I placed the remaining berry/sugar mixture in the dark coldness of my stone cooler, knowing that the leftovers would be even better in the morning.

Back