Star Trek: The New Frontiers OOC

Aside from the Zero Point Engery systems the rest are Star fleet norm on the "Roids" of the ZPES correct?

No standard impulse drive. The ship uses a gravity drive instead. The outter hull is made of a new material that can basicly repair itself. But yeah, other then that everything else is much the same. The controls are a combination of touch screen and holograms.

No standard impulse drive. The ship uses a gravity drive instead. The outter hull is made of a new material that can basicly repair itself. But yeah, other then that everything else is much the same. The controls are a combination of touch screen and holograms.

So aside from replacing the hyper impilse drive with a lyren/Kzinti esque Gravity drive it would be something like this?

http://www.startrekonline.com/ships/nx91001

From post 13

More like this

REGISTRY INFORMATION

CLASS: Chimera
TYPE: Enhanced Deterrence Explorer (Battlecruiser)
CONSTRUCTED AT: CLASSIFIED
COMMISSIONED: Stardate 78000
PRIMARY MISSION: Exploration
SECONDARY MISSION: Defense and Ambassadorial Duties
COMMANDING OFFICER: Captain Miguel Torres

REFIT / RESUPPLY INFORMATION

SCHEDULED REFIT (minor): 1 year
SCHEDULED REFIT (major): 5 years
EXPECTED SERVICE LIFE: 100 years

GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS

LENGTH: 600 meters
WIDTH: 288 meters
HEIGHT: 90 meters
DECKS: 25
MASS DISPLACEMENT: 3.5 million metric tons
TOTAL OFFICERS: 140
TOTAL ENLISTED: 560
PASSENGERS: Varies
CIVILIAN: Varies
TOTAL NUMBER OF PERSONNEL: 700
EMERGENCY EVACUATION CAPACITY: 13,000

QUANTUM MATRIX BIONEURAL COMPUTER SYSTEM NETWORK

CREW INTERFACE: HLCARS 6.0
DATA TRANFER RATE: 125 Megaquads per second
NUMBER OF DEDICATED MODULES: 8000
STORAGE CAPACITY PER MODULES: 300 Quadrillion bits

STARFLEET SERIES SENSORS AND SCIENTIFIC PROBES (400)

LONG RANGE FULL EM/MULTI-SPECTRAL SCANNING: 5000 LY
MEDIUM RESOLUTION RANGE: 1700 LY
HIGH RESOLUTION RANGE: 400 LY
FULL MULTI-SPECTRUM EM/QUANTUM NAVIGATIONAL DEFLECTOR CRYSTAL ARRAY
ASTROMENTRIC SCANNING/MAPPING/ANALYSIS SENSOR ARRAYS: 75,000 LY

PROBES:

* Type I (50)
* Type II (50)
* Type III (40)
* Type IV (40)
* Type V (30)
* Type VI (30)
* Type VII (20)
* Type VIII (20)
* Type IX (20)
* Micro Probes (100)

MAIN REACTOR

Zero Point Tap (1): The Chimera is equipped with a Zero Point Energy tap. With it the Chimera is able to tap into the tidal forces of subspace its self as a power source. Having been compared to the galactic equivalent to a hydro-electrical power system, the ZeroPoint Tap operates by using gravimetric fields to create a constant and stable access point between subspace and real space, which is open at all times. Subspace, which is a volatile dimensional plane of existence, is ripe with massive gravitational forces.
FUEL DURATION: Theoritically Infinite

SECONDARY POWER SYSTEMS

Matter / Anti-Matter Reactor Assembly: 2,000+ cochranes

EMERGENCY POWER: 24 Independent Fusion Reactors

FASTER THAN LIGHT PROPULSION SYSTEMS

Continuum Distortion Propulsion aka Warp Drive: 4 nacelles
NORMAL CRUSING SPEED: Warp 9.99 for upto one year.
MAXIMUM CRUSING SPEED: Warp 9.9999 for upto six months

Using MARA
NORMAL CRUSING SPEED: Warp 2 for upto 6 months
MAXIMUM SPEED: Warp: 9.982 for 12 hours

SLIPSTREAM: As a result of recent breaks throughs regarding subspace, Starfleet engineers discovered an alternate dimensional plane devoid of matter, in which space is distorted to the point that distance means almost nothing. Slipstream is used as a shortcut by space fairing races, allowing ships to traverse the galaxy in hours, days or weeks, rather than years or centuries. Starfleet engineers chose to call this space Slipstream because of the conduit that the ship seems to fly through when in this other plane.
VELOCITY: Greater then Warp 9.9999

SUBLIGHT PROPULSION SYSTEMS

GRAVIMETRIC DRIVE SYSTEM (GDS): As Starfleet Research and Development progressed in their research of the Romulan's Artifucal Singularity, they encountered an unforeseen variable. That variable is what the GDS uses to create the sub-light movement of the ship and the artificial gravity present. The GDS constructs a three lobed subspace field that acts in many ways similar to the way that the Warp Drive works. Instead of going into FTL however, the Drive increases maneuverability and efficiency of sub-light travel. The most important factor of the development of the GDS is its enhanced subspace field manipulation factor. Through this the Starfleet Research and Development team was able to construct a realistic protocol matrix. This protocol matrix would side step the subspace field interference that they found in earlier simulations. It was found that the Impulse Engines would contribute greatly to the immediate loss of any Federation vessel equipped with a Artifical Singularity due to the interference its subspace field matrix induced into the system. Subsequently the development of the GDS system and its integration into the new Chimera Class prototype was considered to be of paramount importance.
NORMAL CRUISE SPEED: 270 million km per hour.
SUGGESTED MAXIMUM SPEED: 540 million km per hour.
MAXIMUM SPEED POSSIBLE: 950 million km per hour.

COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK

INTRASHIP TRANSMISSIONS: Voice and Data
Personnel Comm-Badge Range: 500,000 meters
SHIP TO GROUND RANGE: 42,000 - 100,000 km
Ship to Ground Comms Range: 390,000,000 to 630,000,000,000,000 kilometers
SUBSPACE RADIO SPEED: 214 trillion kilometers per hour (22.8 light-years per hr.)

TRANSPORTERS SYSTEMS

Personnel Transporters - Quantum Resolution (life form): 4 rooms
Emergency Transporters - High Volume (scan only): 2 rooms
Cargo Bay Transporters - Molecular (non-life form): 4
Maximum Transporter Range: 40,000 kilometers

TRACTOR BEAMS

MULTI-PHASIC: 2
STANDARD: 2

SHUTTLEBAYS (3)

1 (Saucer Port): Banzai Starfighters (12)

2 (Saucer Starboard): Type 15 (2), 15A (2), and 16 (2) shuttlepods; Work Bees (4); Sphinx type workpods (4)

3 (MAIN): TYPE- XIIIc SHUTTLES (6), FLYER CLASS RUNABOUTS (2), FURY CLASS RUNABOUTS (2)

DEFENSIVE SYSTEMS

TYPE XVI PHASERS (15): The Chimera Class is armed with multiple arrays of the new type XVI Phasers (Quantum Phasers). They are not only more powerful then the Type XIV arrays, but have a more rapid rate of fire, each strip is capable of locking onto and firing ten beams at ten diferent targets. The Quantum Phasers still release their energy through the application of the rapid nadion effect, however they have now been further enhanced with a beam of coherent gravity waves which disrupts the very molecules of the target at a quantum level. Any target area hit by the beam is literally torn apart at the subatomic level, reducing the affected area to a very hot cloud of quarks and mesons.
TOTAL OUTPUT: 425,000 TerraWatts
RANGE: 1,000,000 km

RAPID FIRE TORPEDO TURRET (1): This turret allows torpedoes to be fired directly at a target, rather than having to maneuver toward it after launch - a measure which cuts down the torpedo flight time against targets at short range. The Chimera's turret is capable of firing seven torpedoes per second, a rate of fire higher than any other model of torpedo tube in service.
PAYLOAD: 200 Transphasic Torpedoes / 12 Tri-Cobalt Devices
MAXIMUM SIMULATINOUS SPREAD: 7 torpedoes / projectiles per second
RANGE: 4,600,000 km

TYPE 5 BURST FIRE TORPEDO TUBES (6 fwd, 4 aft): The type 5 is one of the most powerful torpedo tubes currently in service with the Federation. It can fire a burst of twelve torpedoes every five seconds.
PAYLOAD: 500 Quantum Torpedoes / 200 Photon Torpedoes
MAXIMUM SIMULATINOUS SPREAD: 12 Torpedoes
RANGE: 4,600,000 km

ANTIMATTER SPREAD: A specially designed emitter that releases a predetermined amount of antimatter. The charges that are released are relatively harmless, and act similar to fireworks. They are quite effective in disruppting sensors from picking up engine ionizations.

COUNTER MEASURES: In addition to having the toughest armor of any known starship, the is equipped with a new system that releases small metalic discs which can be fired from the ship. These discs break energy weapons down to their various frequencies.

TRANS-SPATIAL SHIELDING: This new shielding system builds a back-buffer shield in addition to the primary shield. When sufficient damage is taken to the primary shield, the back buffer is phased through to replace the primary while it regenerates within the protection of the new primary shield. This new system consumes a good deal of energy, which is supplied by half a dozen fusion reactors arrayed near the shield emitters. The new shields also incorperate every advancement Starfleet has made in the last 20 years (ie. Auto modulating, Meta-phasic shielding, Regenerative, and Multi-Spatial shielding technology)
TOTAL CAPACITY: 15,000,000 terawatts

High level Structural Integrity Field

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

The hull matrix of the Chimera is composed of a combination of Cold Plasma, heavy Adimantium, and a Poly-Crystalline mesh. This has made the Chimera one of the most resilient and damage-resistant starships ever created by Starfleet (without the use of shields). The hull of the Chimera is capable of absorbing up to 80% of all energy directed at it. Also as a result of the Poly-Crystalline mesh the Chimera is capable of regenerating damage taken to her outter hull thanks to advances in crystalline regeneration. In effect the Chimera's hull is capable of healing itself, the time it takes for regneration of course depends on the amount of damage taken.

The Chimera is also using the latest version of the Ablative Armor Generator. The new armor is created by by generators located on the ship's hull. The new armor uses photons to establish a shield matrix around the ship and solidifies becoming quite literally a second skin. This second skin is basicly made of the same materials that the Chimera's primary hull is, except is some ten times denser. The greatest advantage of this new armor over its predecessors is that the Chimera does not need to open any special appatures in order to use the armor.

Each deck has been outfitted with special holo-emitters that allow the ship's EMH to have full access to the ship in an emergency.

CLOAKING ABILITIES: Thanks to a new understanding of subspace as well as new subsapce technology the Chimera has the ability to cloak. Essentially the Chimera cloaks by phasing somewhere between real space and the first level Subspace. This allows the ship to not only become undetectable but also intangible and unaffected by anything in the normal universe. The settings range from merely becoming invisible, to being completely intangible, however when intangible the ship's weapons are useless and cannot fire. With only the normal cloak engaged, the Chimera is extremely difficult to detect, and can still fire her weapons.

Then you might have missed this as well.

Here's what she looks like

chimera_bw_001.jpg

Here's a close up of her new type of nacelles.

nacelles.png

Although the ship looks like it only has 2 nacelles, she actually has 4. It's a new design that actually has 2 nacelles in one housing. The idea and the drawing actually came from an old friend of mine.

And this

DECK 01: Main Bridge, Captain's Ready Room, Executive Officer's Office, Observation Lounge

DECK 02: Lifeboats (4), Officer's Quarters, Commanding Officer's Cabin, Environment Subsystems

DECK 03: Docking Ports, Officer's Quarters, VIP Guest Accommodations, Captain's Mess

DECK 04: Lifeboats (20), Officer's Quarters, Cargo Transporters, Cargo Bays 1-4, Deuterium Supply Tanks (Upper Level)

DECK 05: Environmental Systems, Saucer Computer Core (Upper Level), Consumables Storage, Operations Support Systems, Armory One, Deuterium Injectors, Warp Core

DECK 06: Lifeboats (30), Saucer Computer Core (Mid-Level), Enlisted Quarters, Operations Control Post, Chief Operations Officer's Office, Chief Science Officer's Office, Transporter Rooms 1-4, High Energy Biophysics Lab, Atmospheric Physics Lab, Astrometrics (Holosphere Upper Level), Antimatter Pods (Lower Level), Antimatter Generator, Antimatter Injectors

DECK 07: Lifeboats (48), Saucer Computer Core (Lower Level), Stardrive Computer Core (Upper Level) Cybernetics Lab, Mutli-purpose Science Labs (9), Astrometrics (Main Level), EPS Support Systems, Shuttlebay Control Room

DECK 08: Stardrive Computer Core (Upper Mid-Level), Astrometrics (Lower Holosphere Level), Shuttlebay (Upper Level), Gravimetric Drive System (Upper Level), Officer's Quarters, Counseling Department, Head Counselor's Office, Holodecks 1-4, EPS Support Systems, Transporter Rooms 5-6, Automation Center, Slipstream Drive (Upper Level), Okuda Lounge (Upper Level)

DECK 09: Lifeboats (38), Stardrive Computer Core (Lower Mid-Level), Shuttlebay (Mid-Level), Okuda Lounge (Lower Level), Gravimetric Drive System (Lower Level) Enlisted Quarters, EPS Support Systems, Engineering Support Offices, Consumables Secondary Storage, Recycling Center, Sickbay, Chief Medical Officer's Office, Sensor Maintenance, Slipstream Magnetic Constriction Coils, RCS Thruster Quads, Armory Two, Docking Ports

DECK 10: Lifeboats (42), Stardrive Computer Core, (Lower Level), Shuttlebay (Lower Level), Consumables Transfer Conduit, Waste Extraction, Torpedo Magazines, Secondary Automation Circuits, Secondary Navigational Deflector, ZPE Tap Magnetic Constriction Coils (Upper Level)

DECK 11: Shuttlebay (Maintenance Level), Main Engineering (Upper Level), Zero-Point Energy Tap (Upper Level), Navigational Deflector (Upper Level), Tactical Planning (Upper Level), Slipstream Control Matrix, Power Transfer Conduits, Transporter Room 7,Hydroponics (Upper Level)

DECK 12: Navigational Deflector (Mid-Level), Main Engineering (Mid-Level), Zero-Point Energy Tap (Upper Mid-Level), Tactical Planning (Lower Level), Slipstream Magnetic Constriction Coils, Cargo Bay 5, Gymnasiums (2), Swimming Pool, Hydroponics (Mid Level)

DECK 13: Navigational Deflector (Lower Level), Main Engineering (Lower Level), Zero-Point Energy Tap (Lower Mid-Level), Chief Engineer's Office, Slipstream Magnetic Constriction Coils, Cargo Bay 6, Cargo Operations, Cargo Bay Entry Doors, Sickbay 2, Assistant Chief Medical Officer's Office, Hydroponics (Lower Level)

DECK 14: Lifeboats (10), Zero-Point Energy Tap (Lower Level), Slipstream Magnetic Constriction Coils, Torpedo Magazines, Communications Array, Environmental Systems Monitors

DECK 15: Lifeboats (8), Slipstream Magnetic Constriction Coils, Aft Torpedo Launcher, Forward Torpedo Launcher, Torpedo Magazines, ZPE Tap Magnetic Constriction Coils (Lower Level)

DECK 16: Engineering support, Main Systems monitoring suites

DECK 17: Phaser maintenance, Lower reactant loader, Sensor monitoring suites

DECK 18: EPS node monitoring, Computer relay monitoring stations

DECK 19: Emergency accommodations

DECK 20: (Space allocated for future expansion)

DECK 21: (Space allocated for future expansion)

DECK 22: Armory Three, Security Headquarters, Chief Tactical/Security Officer's Office, Main Brig

DECK 23: (Space allocated for future expansion)

DECK 24: (Space allocated for future expansion)

DECK 25: Reactor core jettison hatch, and Tractor Beam Emitters

I'll be posting the start of the next day either tonight or tomorrow. If you want to post anything still with the current day, please do so, or post something here in the OOC list and I'll hold off a bit longer.

Well I was hoping to have seen a post from our helmsmen by now, but nothing. Nothing in awhile in fact. So I've stopped the ship and am considering the helmsmen spot reopened, unless I hear otherwise before we get a replacement.

I'm still here, just too many posts all by my lonesome seems kind of, I don't know, masturbatory.

Well you can always have her deliver a report to either the Captain or XO in person. Not everything needs to be done over the comm :)

She might just do that. After all during all of this turmoil I don't believe anyone has told her about her promotion yet;).

Thank rzantarra for the jp you did with me way back when. it was/is much appreciated.

Hey gang I just want to reiterate something. Please if your going to be away for awhile let us know, either via PM, a quick note here on the OOC list, or those of you that know my messenger information can IM me that something is up.

We all understand that Real Life issues take precedent, we just ask for the courtesy of being told. Hell if you only think your won't be able to post for a couple of days, but then it turns out to be a week. Still let us know or me know. Threads die because people lose interest since there's no posting going on.

Just an FYI, but I'll be gone from today through till Monday night. I'll let everyone know when I get back:).

I shouldn't be gone more than two days in a row anymore. I'll look in often and see if there's anything for me to be doing.

Back