Legacy: A Star Trek RP (Interest Check / Casting Call / OOC thread)

Updated Manifest

Commanding Officer: Capt. Mack Hunter
Executive Officer: Cdr. T’Nara Winters
Engineering Officer: Open
Medical Officer: Dr. (Cdr.) Hannibal Argead
Helmsman: Open
Navigator: Open
Communications: Open
Science Officer: Lt. (JG) Cavera Rhinquist
Security Officer: Lt. (JG) Dale Steward

Various Quarters

Captain's Quarters

co_quarters_zpsqqd3iwok.png

Officer's Quarters

officer_s_quarters_zpsdhtm3ok7.jpg

Senior Enlisted Quarters

nco_s_quarters_zpsbjsyabsc.jpg

Enlisted Quarters

enlisted_crewmembers_quarters_zpsb5hy8hdp.jpg

VIP Quarters

vip_quarters_zpsqqcenbun.jpg

Labs

Astrophysics Lab

astrophysics_lab_zpseyu9dy8f.jpg

Biology Lab

biology_lab_zps3ixcd7ge.jpg

Botany Lab

botany_lab_zps0rirp8ek.jpg

Chemistry Lab

chemistry_lab_zpstnqhclme.jpg

Computer Lab

computer_lab_zpswturkbws.jpg

Geology Lab

geology_lab_zpsrhisxk24.jpg

Physics Lab

physics_lab_zps5r5da6x5.jpg

Zoology

zoology_lab_zpssdmioa1z.jpg

Alright I was going to wait until we got more people into the game before doing this, but with recent events I figured that now was just as good a time.

Also just for the record when we do resume the investigation as to what happened and who it was that Cavy had seen. There won't be any data al wiped with no change at recovery. And although Cavy's memory seems to be recovering she'll eventually learn that the time from the moment she entered the room and saw the figure is beyond her reach. She'll still have that familiar feeling, but she won't know why since she wouldn't remember hearing the voice or anything else. It might come back in time.... maybe. But for now that whole sequence will be a mystery.

Bridge Layout

bridge%20layout%2001_zpsykxajntp.jpg

1. Command Chair
2. XO Chair
3. Communications
4. Tactical I
5. Engineering
6. Gravity Control
7. Helm
8. Damage Control
9. Environmental Engineering
10. Operations
11. Navigation
12. Library Computer Access
13. Tactical II
14. Mission Operations
15. Science

If memory serves, the doctor doesn't go to the bridge usually, right? Sometimes the captain might visit the sick bay for advice, etc.

I've been pretty busy with a campaign i'm working on for Tuesday, but after that i'll put out a few posts.

Overall, Dr Hannibal agrees with the Vulcan, for what it's worth.

If memory serves, the doctor doesn't go to the bridge usually, right? Sometimes the captain might visit the sick bay for advice, etc.

The Doctor can go to the bridge from time to time if the situation calls for it, or if he's just being nosey. But it mainly depends on his relationship with the Commanding Officer. Same with the whole advice thing.

I we've all prob got stuff going on in RL, but I just wanted to get something out there to move us forward a bit so we don't stall out.

I've composed a post for the good doctor a few times. But just haven't written anything down, anytime I have time to sit and write a few hundred words...well i end up not having time.

I think for the next 3-4 weeks, I'll be pretty passive. If things are still rolling around and/or people want to directly interact with he good doctor, I'll post.

I've composed a post for the good doctor a few times. But just haven't written anything down, anytime I have time to sit and write a few hundred words...well i end up not having time.

I think for the next 3-4 weeks, I'll be pretty passive. If things are still rolling around and/or people want to directly interact with he good doctor, I'll post.

I think everyone has just gotten caught up in a RL thing. I can go forward, but was hoping to hear from others before I move on again.

So it's been a while since I watched Startrek, but it seems to me like it's pretty easy for the enemy to send a few photon torpedoes at the Saratoga and there's nothing the Chimera could do to block the ship. I'm not physics expert, but the Chimera has to anticipate the movements of a ship they can't fully detect which can travel at warp and fire photo torpedos that move at warp speed. I believe the PTs have maneuverability, so can't you fire 4 PTs in different directions (north, south, east, west) and destroy the Saratoga?

The only options that Chimera has is to try to destroy the PTs with phaser fire?

They can try and do that with the pin-point defensive lasers or they can jam the guidance systems of the PT and hope that they miss.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it's been a while since I watched Startrek, but it seems to me like it's pretty easy for the enemy to send a few photon torpedoes at the Saratoga and there's nothing the Chimera could do to block the ship. I'm not physics expert, but the Chimera has to anticipate the movements of a ship they can't fully detect which can travel at warp and fire photo torpedos that move at warp speed. I believe the PTs have maneuverability, so can't you fire 4 PTs in different directions (north, south, east, west) and destroy the Saratoga?

The only options that Chimera has is to try to destroy the PTs with phaser fire?

The combat is never at warp speed. After all you have to remember that they're firing energy weapons that at most can only go at the speed of light and warp is faster than that.

The torpedoes can travel at warp. However they can't be fired as you suggest and then hit their target. The only way for that to happen is you have to actually program the computer in each individual torpedo which would take time.

The torpedoes and phasers can only fire in the arcs they're facing.

The phasers for instance (each little ball on the saucer) is a turret that has about a 100 degree arc.

The torpedoes is one forward and one behind it.

They can try and do that with the pin-point defensive lasers or they can jam the guidance systems of the PT and hope that they miss.

Except that this ship doesn't have a pin-point defenseive phasers. Though I was thinking about adding that. But even then they'd have to get very close to the Saratoga in order for it to work that way.

Another option would have been to extend the shields. But as we see in Lt. Steward's post the shields and everything else aren't working.

BTW: the shields didn't slowly drop since that would make it seem as if they were drained. They just shutdown for some reason.

Except that this ship doesn't have a pin-point defenseive phasers. Though I was thinking about adding that. But even then they'd have to get very close to the Saratoga in order for it to work that way.

Another option would have been to extend the shields. But as we see in Lt. Steward's post the shields and everything else aren't working.

BTW: the shields didn't slowly drop since that would make it seem as if they were drained. They just shutdown for some reason.

I thought of extending the shields but that wasn't possible in the timeframe that we are in, that tech was later on in the STNG era or am I wrong...

I thought of extending the shields but that wasn't possible in the timeframe that we are in, that tech was later on in the STNG era or am I wrong...

It is possible. Kirk and crew did it back in the original series in order to save Harry Mudd's life. though it nearly blew every system the ship had because of the strain. But then in that cause both ships were moving.

Also in the terms of timeframe there are some things I'll allow, like the isolinear chips you mentioned in your most recent post. Technically that didn't exist during the 23rd century and was something first introduced in the 24th. But I like the sound of being now so in the words of Mills Lane in Celebrity Death Match.

ill-allow-it.jpg

Remember if you have any questions feel free to PM me or even ask it here and I'll answer it. That's what TertiusHuman has done a few times.

Do we pm you about plot or are we given license to make stuff up? I struggle a little with this setting in terms that the writers of the ordinal series would just make up random inventions to fix problems.... Is that the style you are going for? Or do you want to give us the answers and we just dress them up?

Also some of the startrek tech is outdated... Like not using 3d user interfaces hooked to lens or contacts for dense data displays. Things like that. Are we allowed to update the tech a little in that respect... Or do we keep with pure cannon.

I read a bit on the forums about PT, and the fan base seemed split. After all if thier is a propulsion system why isn't it able to have the same maneuverability as missiles have today? Doesn't seem very high tech. They can increase the yield year over year... Even makes them go faster than the speed of light... But can makes them turn?

Also why would anyone stay at sub light speeds... They can negate one of the major weapons. Warp bursts ? Or does it take a long time to rev up? Like is there a few seconds delay?

Do we pm you about plot or are we given license to make stuff up? I struggle a little with this setting in terms that the writers of the ordinal series would just make up random inventions to fix problems.... Is that the style you are going for? Or do you want to give us the answers and we just dress them up?

In some cases you will be free to come up with your own answers and in some cases I'll have certain things already worked out and will just be directing everyone in that direction. If there is something that you want to do you can always PM me the idea. If it's something I hadn't worked on or even if I had but like your idea better then I may just go with your idea instead. Or if I do have something in mind I'll let you know what I need.

Also some of the startrek tech is outdated... Like not using 3d user interfaces hooked to lens or contacts for dense data displays. Things like that. Are we allowed to update the tech a little in that respect... Or do we keep with pure cannon.

I'm not above updating the technology. For instance you already mentioned nanites, which in traditional Trek science wasn't introduced until the 24th century. But I did't say anything cause it made sense to me. Also if you look at the ship itself we're using a lot more items from the newer movies which were a great deal more updated tech wise than the older shows. If in doubt about it send me a PM.

I read a bit on the forums about PT, and the fan base seemed split. After all if thier is a propulsion system why isn't it able to have the same maneuverability as missiles have today? Doesn't seem very high tech. They can increase the yield year over year... Even makes them go faster than the speed of light... But can makes them turn?

Also why would anyone stay at sub light speeds... They can negate one of the major weapons. Warp bursts ? Or does it take a long time to rev up? Like is there a few seconds delay?

When it comes to the weapons we'll be using the information from cannon sources. So ignore fan sites.

As for your question about why they don't use warp in combat. Think of it this way. Say your driving a car at 100 miles an hour. Is it easer to make that turn at 30 or 40 at exactly the point you need to or do you need to make a much wider turn in order to get it at that speed.

Even in space there is a certain amount of physics when your dealing with these ships. Now does that mean that weapons technology won't improve in some ways of course even ours do. But to keep things from getting to crazy the weapons and how the combat works we'll keep in line with what we've seen in most science fiction. Which is combat usually takes place at sub-light speeds.

I don't know where my sister's friend found it. But I now haz Star Trek the original series...

You know what is weird? It's not how they handle the Starship like a Battleship, it is not how their communicators are hand-held, it is not how the doctor is more on the bridge than in sickbay...

Its the female uniforms lol

Can you imagine T'Pol, Seven of Nine, Diana Troy or Captain Janeway in one of those?? Lol

I'm all for short dresses, but those look Mormon up top and Schoolgirl stripper below XD

Oh and waiting for the command to help with the chips search, will we find anything when that happens?

I don't know where my sister's friend found it. But I now haz Star Trek the original series...

You know what is weird? It's not how they handle the Starship like a Battleship, it is not how their communicators are hand-held, it is not how the doctor is more on the bridge than in sickbay...

Its the female uniforms lol

Can you imagine T'Pol, Seven of Nine, Diana Troy or Captain Janeway in one of those?? Lol

I'm all for short dresses, but those look Mormon up top and Schoolgirl stripper below XD

Oh and waiting for the command to help with the chips search, will we find anything when that happens?

All but 7of 9 would prob have issues with them. Though Jadzia Dax from DS9 did wear it. I don't think 7 would be ashamed of wearing anything considering how form fitting her outfit was.

Hell in the latest movies the women didn't even have rank insignia until this last movie.

I believe Winters had already ordered it and Hunter agreed for it to happen.

As for will you find any thing connected in the hardware? That would be a negative.

Everyone, I apologize for this but I will be withdrawing from this storyline. You may either have T'Nara fall to an undetected injury or use her as an NPC... Best of luck

All but 7of 9 would prob have issues with them. Though Jadzia Dax from DS9 did wear it. I don't think 7 would be ashamed of wearing anything considering how form fitting her outfit was.

Hell in the latest movies the women didn't even have rank insignia until this last movie.

I believe Winters had already ordered it and Hunter agreed for it to happen.

As for will you find any thing connected in the hardware? That would be a negative.

She did order it, but the attack came before he left the bridge and since their shields were down and they were not certain if the attackers have left, Steward stayed on the bridge as security precaution.

If he is ordered to continue, he will leave and order more security to the bridge.

As far as I know it is SOP to secure the bridge during red alert which the ship is still under, unless I missed the order to go to amber alert

Everyone, I apologize for this but I will be withdrawing from this storyline. You may either have T'Nara fall to an undetected injury or use her as an NPC... Best of luck

I'm sorry to hear that AS, I wish you best of luck. It was fun writing with you while you were here.

Back