Star City- The Heroes of Tomorrow OOC

Wait. I noticed the Banshee shriek, but THAT was Siobhan?? I thought Silver Banshee only did the skull face dark outfit with silver trim thingy. They actually made her look hot lol.

Punisher Netflix series...and me with no Netflix darnit.

If Legends of Tomorrow is better than Agents of SHIELD then count me in.

Siobhan gets done up in the Silver Banshee hair and makeup later that episode, and I found it disappointing. But the actress they cast is breathtaking! I think she's Robbie Amell's wife or fiancée? One half of Firestorm, that guy. So. Yeah, good for him!

You should get Netflix. It should be available in your country now and Marvel's shows on there are antihero goldmines.

I think Agent's of SHIELD had come a seriously long way. There was an episode just recently called "Spacetime" that just blew me across the room.

That said, Legends takes the best supporting misfits from Flash and Arrow and has SO much fun with them. It's been a way wild ride!

They are taking like FOREVER to bring me the Infinity Crisis!

Now they bring out Civil War, I mean REALLY???

Time much better spent on giving me what my blood have been craving since Avengers 2 and got to a nice broiling in Guardians of the Galaxy...

I WANT THANOS!!!

Actually I want Death so I hope she at least makes a cameo appearance or even a little Easter Egg would be good enough for me.

Speaking of Civil War though, aside from Ant Man, what else is there that I should watch between Guardians and Avengers 3 before watching Civil War?

Did you see Winter Soldier?

2016-05-14%2010.01.33.jpg

Bought it for two dollahs

Sorry I have been MIA. Between leaving a job I had held and poured a whole lot of myself into for the last 3 1/2 years, and finding a new job, and also dealing with some family stuff, I have been drowning in real life stuff. However, I am going to endeavor to find my way back to the threads and get things moving forward. I am planning a small time jump, then the next storyline will pick up. If you have anything you want to run by me or talk about or whatever, then just PM me. I am going to try to wrap up Gotham/No Man's Land, the disappearance of Bart, and the fall out from all that before I get into the next Story. Again, I am sorry that I have been MIA, had a lot going on. I should be back now. Just going to take me a little bit to get back into the swing, reread some stuff etc.

No worries Lunar, just remember for Ollie to give Venom a chewing out and I'm all good.

Chass we are still good for that talk after the time jump yes?

No worries Lunar, just remember for Ollie to give Venom a chewing out and I'm all good.

Chass we are still good for that talk after the time jump yes?

Which talk, Artemis and Venom?

Heck, I'm up for anything, just remind me so that I can figure out which sector of my disc I saved that brainstorm on.

They are taking like FOREVER to bring me the Infinity Crisis!

Now they bring out Civil War, I mean REALLY???

Time much better spent on giving me what my blood have been craving since Avengers 2 and got to a nice broiling in Guardians of the Galaxy...

I WANT THANOS!!!

Actually I want Death so I hope she at least makes a cameo appearance or even a little Easter Egg would be good enough for me.

Speaking of Civil War though, aside from Ant Man, what else is there that I should watch between Guardians and Avengers 3 before watching Civil War?

I want Lady Death by Brian pulido so we can have Purgatory. And Megadeth with evil Ernie

In addition to Lunar's triumphal re-entry to the storyline (wooooo!), I have an invitation to make.

Recently, Varshanka and I sort of stumbled our way into being co-mods for Nubian Legend's "Justice League: New Wave" thread, and I was wondering if any of you guys were interested in coming aboard there. I am absolutely not wanting anyone to join in there if it means you can't continue here, because I'm super stoked to get this rolling again, big plans...

...but if you're interested in adding to your portfolio on top of this, we're just forming a new Justice League and I'm wondering if anyone wants to join the second wave of recruitment.

The plot is that the now-middle-aged Justice League has gone missing, their now-adult sidekicks are struggling to fill in for them now that the bad guys know The League is gone, and legitimate businessman (ahem) Lex Luthor is seeking to assemble a new Justice League to fill the status quo that the original represented. The current roster is here.

We're looking for new takes on second- and third-string heroes from The DC Universe who are now finding that they need to step up to the front row, lesser-known heroes and also-rans. They may have identities of their own, they may be taking over an identity for an existing or fallen hero, whatever's clever. We're also open to OCs, but they should be newbies, rookies.

Specifically, I'm hoping for a Speedster (we just lost one), a Cyborg (we had an amazing one earlier in the thread but their writer went AWOL before they joined the team), and-- an item on my personal wishlist-- a dedicated Archer character to complement our existing Nightwing and "Black Widow" type characters.

Hit me and Var up on the New Wave OOC if you have any questions, or tag us both in a PM.

Thanks for your consideration!

No

Way

C'mon

Say it with me

Batmon

:D :D :D

I mean how cool would that be???

Venom and Batman... it would be like the ultimate fantasy without the sex involved.

Sharing over here, because relevant:

The Bleed.
Nowhere.
Nowhen.
Between.
Now.

********​

Every incarnation of The Doctor was the same. But every one was different.

They were all the shaman of Earth-- in this case, Earth-14 --with all the access to collective memory and subconsciousness that that implied, with all the vast magical ability to tap the living aura of that planetary organism and unlock the very power of their own imaginations.

But every one of them expressed it differently.

When Jamie Hamilton used her powers... she would sometimes engage in pyrotechnic displays and vast energetic coruscations if the drama befitted. But very much more often than not she would craft out of power instrumentation and artifacts that expressed the intention of her acts.

Thus, she had created this cocoon for herself to traverse The Bleed without drowning in it. But despite the simple wooden exterior, it was not simply a box. It contained a freefolding tesseract phenomenon by which it was far bigger on the inside than it was on the out-- those wooden walls encompassed vast interior regions.

And it was alive. A living, breathing machine. She was alive.

Jamie had realized, belatedly, that in crafting the intentions of her imagination she had created herself a shift-ship... not unlike The Watchcarrier that The Judex Luminary Authority had used to defend Earth-14 and its attendant nascent Earths before it had been blown out of orbit around Wonderworld by the traitorous Starman and the forces of The Great Darkness. A living vehicle that could survive the strange impossible incomprehensible nonworld nonrealm tweenstuff flowing betwixt the branes of vibratory universes.

And now she stood in the control room-- The Console Room-- of that craft. A bizarre, steampunkish mishmash of coral outcroppings and cobbled-together control-panels and dangling wires.

This ship-- it needed a name-- she needed a name-- now whirled through The Bleed, all its sensory awareness plumbing the depths for any signs of pursuit by The Great Darkness.

So far, of that pursuit there had been no sign.

Which left other priorities to consider.

Her long brown coat draped over one of the coral pillars-- completely ignoring the fact that the ship had been forethoughtful enough to sprout a coat-tree while it was growing --Jamie walked slowly, methodically around The Console at the heart of The Console Room, the central pillar strobing up and down (she'd decided to call this The Bleed Rotor). She flicked controls here and there, turned a dial here, toggled a switch there, cranked a crank over yonder...

...carefully adjusting the ship's vibratory frequency.

She'd realized the ship was still drawing power from Earth-14. And given the enormous expenditures of power required to traverse The Bleed, she risked wreaking untold havoc on an ecosystem she was sworn to protect. The ship needed an autonomous power source.

Traditionally, the best power source for shift-ships were baby universes, tiny unfolding vibratory planes. And hypothetically, Jamie could capture and harness any one of the myriad nascent universes that were under the watchful care of Earth-14 and The Authority-- which, she reflected with a pang of ache cold as an icicle through her heart-- was just her now.

But she had another idea.

Another option.

Pivoting the monitor-screen to face her, she rattattatted her fingers over a row of typewriter keys...

...attuning the ship to hypertemporal orbit around

Earth-395.
"Throneworld."
Now.

********​

The Tower of The Watch stood high upon The Wall that defended The Seven Kingdoms against the fearsome horrors that waited beyond that Wall to The North.

The League of The Seven had fractured, and was fallen.

Lo, these many generations they had championed The Seven Kingdoms with power, wisdom, courage-- using sword and sorcery and strength of arm and wit of mind to stay the many threats to peace and prosperity.

Each of The League had represented one of The Kingdoms. And in turn, they each represented a facet of The Seven Who Are One-- a seven-faceted god worshiped and beloved by the people of The Seven Kingdoms.

There had been Lord Kallark El of House El, representing The Father Above-- judgement and justice-- but he had vanished with The Lightning Lord while questing to bring Ser Davis "The Mountain" Bloome to that selfsame justice and had not been seen nor heard from since.

There had been Captain Will Batson of House Batson, called The Lightning Lord, representing The Maiden-- innocence and chastity-- but he, too, had disappeared in the quest to bring The Mountain down, and many legends were spun throughout The Seven Kindgoms as to the true nature of his death.

There had been Lord J'on J'onzz of House J'onzz, representing The Stranger-- death, the unknown, and outcasts-- but he had been lost to the wildfire plot unleashed in The Mountains of The Two Moons by The Malefic Pyromancer, and had died trying to save his wife and daughter and niece from the flames throttling their ancestral home.

There was Brother Harrold Jordan of House Jordan, Lord Commander of The Green Light's Watch, representing The Crone-- wisdom and light in the darkness-- but he lay now with shallow struggled breathing on the cobbled courtyard of The Tower of The Watch, his hands shattered by mighty blows and unable to wield either his blade or The Ring of The Seven-Pointed Starheart which had made him so feared and bewared in battle.

There was Lord Barthogan Allen of House Allen, swifter than shadowcats and wiser than owls, representing The Smith-- hard work and craft-- but his right leg had been cut from the hip and he fought now to stay conscious just long enough to tourniquet the wound as his blood, too, flowed between the cobbles of The Tower of The Watch.

And then there was High Lord Bruce Anthony Thomas Wayne of House Wayne, at home in darkness as ravens and as unrelenting as dragons, representing The Warrior-- strength in battle--

--and he fought for breath as their enemy's hands clenched about his throat, his own gauntleted hands wrapped around the attacker's wrists.

An attacker who hulked with power, a horned fearsome daemonic figure scooped from the night sky with horrid, nameless constellations dancing in his fathoms.

"WRITHE, THEN," boomed The Celestial Huntsman as he strangled the life out of High Lord Wayne, "LIKE AN INSECT ON A PIN IN THE GLARE OF THE SUN. BREATHE YOUR LAST, AND KNOW FEAR AT LAST."

"Hell is for the fearful," Wayne growled with what breath he could find. "The gods hate a coward."

And he dropped his left hand to his belt, snatching up a hidden blade which he snapped open like the wing of a bat, and drove its dark-forged promethean steel into the forearm of The Nebula Man.

The unholy warrior howled balefully to the skies and bashed Wayne across the skull with a crushing backhand, sending the dark knight sprawling across the cobbles, equilibrium spinning in his ears. With a grunt of disgust, The Huntsman tore the blade from where it lodged in him, tossed it away, watched the wound heal in instants.

"ONCE I REJECTED THE COMMAND OF MY QUEEN," The Celestial Huntsman intoned as he stalked towards the fallen knight. "AND ONLY ONCE. TWOSCORE AND TWELVE WORLDS AWAY, AND CENTURIES GONE. NOW HER VOICE IS FAR FROM ME, BUT I DO AS SHE BADE ME DO EVEN THOUGH I MUST WAIT A BILLION CENTURIES MORE FOR HER TO FIND ME AGAIN."

Wayne did not reply, he just... reached... reached for the claymore fallen from Harrold Jordan's shattered hands...

Scoffing, The Huntsman kicked the blade away, and ground his starry heel upon the metacarpals of Wayne's reaching hand.

Wayne did not cry out, though his breath juttered in his lungs. "If... if her sole command is mindless murder, then I find your queen mad indeed... fit for no throne..."

"NOT MINDLESS. I SEEK THE SEVEN, WHEREVER THEY MAY RISE. BRED TO HUNT AND KILL THE SUPER-MEN. I SLAY THE SEVEN, AND UNDO THEIR PROPHECY."

Reaching down, he took hold of Wayne by his tunic and dragged him up into the air, holding him aloft over his horned head, preparing to bring the knight-lord crashing down over his knee and snap his backbone.

"This... this Seven... will be your undoing first..." Wayne swore as though it were life and breath to him.

The Huntsman snorted. "I SEE NO SEVEN."

But then there came the thundering of footfalls such that even the mighty Tower of The Watch shook with each sole striking stone, and then a figure exploded through The Tower's outer wall as though a siege engine given human form.

"NEH-BUH-LOH!" she roared, shattered stonedust billowing about her, sword in hand, round shield upon her arm. "There is ONE!"

High Lord Wayne grinned a grim little grin there held high in the air. "Nebula Man, meet Diana."

The Huntsman snarled, pitched Wayne aside, scooped up his dual-ended trident-- his Nebula Rod --and whirled to face this new foe.

This was Khaleesi Dianerys Themyscira of House Themyscira, Clayborn, Breaker of Chains, Unburnt Sister of Fire, representing The Mother Above-- and while her patron was meant to embody mercy, compassion, motherhood, and nurturing-- the storm that blazed in Diana's sea-blue eyes spoke of mercy not at all.

"Red am I in battle," Diana growled, twirling her sword-- The Wonder Woman --"Red the ravens that follow at my heels. Neh-Buh-Loh. I am your death."

The Nebula Man laughed with rumbling that shook The Tower of The Watch as mightily as Diana's thunderous approach. "KILL A UNIVERSE? I HAVE LIVED FOR BILLIONS OF YEARS. I MIGHT HAVE GROWN HUGE ENOUGH TO REPLACE THIS MULTIVERSE, BUT THERE IS A FLAW IN ME THAT KEEPS ME SMALL."

"Let this be your epitaph, then," Diana snarled, charging for him, joining in battle, bringing her blade to cleave The Huntsman in twain.

The Huntsman parried The Wonder Woman with his Nebula Rod, and a cursed cosmic fire lit up in his brow, in the chakra of his third eye, and he unleashed a storming blast of power...

...Diana staggered back, catching that blast full on her shield, but she yielded not, whirling to strike again even before the afterimage of that bolt had faded from her eyes. "HIAI!"

"YOU HAVE HARMONY, SYMMETRY, AND BEAUTY IN YOU. BUT THAT SHALL NOT MOVE ME TO SPARE YOU! NOT THIS TIME, COUNTERPART OF RHIANNON THOUGH MAY YOU BE!" The Huntsman thundered as he caught The Wonder Woman in the tines of The Nebula Rod--

--"You speak a tangle of riddles, but I know of one solution to a Gingoldian Knot!" Diana whirled and gashed The Huntsman across the side with the edge of her shield, driving him back and away and tearing her blade free...

...only to expose him to a great strike, driving The Wonder Woman through the middle of his chest, spilling stars and supernovae like blood made of void and light...

...enchanted metal quivered in the core of him and he wheezed in surprise and he sank to his knees...

...The Nebula Rod clattered to the cobbles beside him...

"...confused galaxies collide within me," he mumbled. "...it pierces like the first deadly ray of a newborn sun, white-hot and sharp."

Diana drew The Wonder Woman out of The Celestial Huntsman and raised that sword over her head, ready to carve his skull from his neck. "Who passes the sentence should swing the sword," she intoned.

But.

Then.

VWORRP.
VWORRP.
VWORRP.

Strobing into existence... fading in from nothingness... there came a blue wooden box there in the courtyard, and one of its doors creaked open inward and a beautiful slender woman with long brown hair and curious attire stepped out onto the cobbles, shouldering her way into an even longer brown coat.

"Please don't finish that sentence, eh?" she drawled, sliding her hands into the pockets of her pinstriped trousers. "Not saying he doesn't deserve it, but it'd be an awful waste."

Without wavering The Wonder Woman from its place poised to fall upon The Huntsman's throat, Dianerys hooked the fallen Nebula Rod with her booted toe and tossed the weapon to her waiting hand, whirling it to level at the newcomer's chest. "Hold, strange sorceress, and identify yourself!"

Jamie paused, squinting at the gleaming weapon aimed at her, pursing her lips pensively. "Well. You wouldn't think having a pitchfork's prongs pointed at your person would be a thing that could give you deja vu, but there you have it. Oddest feeling, ennit? Like remembering something that hasn't happened yet, or happened to someone else-- s'pose I should be getting used to that by now."

"I am rightwise tired," Diana opined grimly, "of being talked in circles, pray start making sense before I treat your innards to the stiff cold winds of The North. Who are you?"

Jamie's brown eyes flicked to meet Dianerys'. "Where I'm from, I'm called 'The Doctor.' I suppose you lot would call me 'The Maester,' but y'know, that just doesn't quite have the same ring to it. Who I am is the guardian of a world so far from here they don't have distances that can measure it, and a warrior against a threat that would suck the life out of every world that's ever spun in every Heaven. And to win in that fight..." she nodded to The Huntsman "...I need him."

The Huntsman roared, surging to his feet, lunging for The Doctor, and Dianerys spun The Wonder Woman in her grip to rip him clean in half at the waist...

...but The Doctor's hand came out of her pocket holding an instrument.

Another manifestation of her power-- crafting out of the aether machines that would conduct the effect of her will and imagination.

It was white. And silver. And blue at a tip that could extend from the body of the grip.

Like a magic wand-- if magic had arisen on a world made of technic.

And the tip glowed a searing bright blue and whistled...

...and The Nebula Man screamed and clutched at his sides and fell to his knees once more before Diana could deliver her slaying blow.

His body-- all darkness with pinpricks of light and clouds of starry mass and microscopic planetoids-- his body shuddered and rippled and boiled...

Bemused but not disappointed by this effect on The Celestial Huntsman, Dianerys lowered her sword and stepped back.

"This doodad harnesses The Music of The Spheres. Normally its effects are localized and subtle... it's good at opening doors, popping locks, driving screws, all sorts..." Jamie shrugged, and then narrowed her gaze. "But this bloke. All he is is spheres. He's a walking talking living breathing universe, and I can play merry hob with his insides all the livelong day."

"This will kill him?" High Lord Wayne growled as he limped up, holding his side.

Dianerys moved to support him, but he waved her away.

Jamie shook her head. "Oh, no, I'm not gonna kill 'im. I'm gonna make sure he lives forever."

Wayne considered this, and nodded his head. That seemed... acceptable. "I am known as a great man of mysteries... but never could I discern from whence The Huntsman had come, what magic had wrought him upon The Seven Kingdoms, whose folly had summoned him. But you speak of a war that could chill the blood of the gods, if gods there are. Do you know who he is?"

Jamie nodded quietly. "The universe Qwewq was born in dark days-- in a cosmos that existed long before this one. The Presence and the architects of Heaven began construction on a new universe to replace one that was threatened by The Warbringer, The Annihilator, Mageddon, a weapon of The Old Gods. But through a miracle, that cosmos survived, heroes of a great Earth defeated Mageddon, that cosmos lived to a ripe old age, and Qwewq became redundant, superfluous. It slipped here and there through time-- tended for a while by the champions of Wonderworld-- but it was poisoned with a thermodynamic inhibitor that kept it from growing to its full size-- and as it joined the forces of fearsome, unholy predators on the far-flung future of an Earth that arose in this present Multiverse, swearing allegiance to their queen, it gave itself-- himself-- over to evil. Separated now from that queen by forces greater even than Qwewq could imagine, it now rides alone through The Multiverse as The Nebula Man to fulfill her last order to him. He seeks out teams of seven and kills them-- as there is a prophecy that only a team of seven can destroy his queen."

"While you continue to speak unplainly as a trickster, it is clear that it is not just crimes against our lands and our champions for which he must pay," Dianerys nodded. "Go, then." She sheathed The Wonder Woman. "Take him to a worthier Hell, 'Doctor.'"

The Doctor inclined her head. "Khaleesi."

And then faced the fallen Celestial Huntsman with her technomagic wand vertically upraised, extending the tip towards the heavens...

And intoned: "Qwewq, called also Neh-Buh-Loh, Huntsman of The Wild Ride of Gloriana Tenebrae, I find you guilty. Your sentence to be carried out... as the heart of a shift-ship that will work to undo all the horrible wrongs that you have done. Because if I must trap a small universe as a power source for my machine... let it be the one who has it coming!"

The wand-thing... this... sonic screwdriver... whistled and glowed once more... and through The Music of The Spheres, The Doctor channeled a proprietary form of Void Binding, etching runic insignia in the stellar flesh of The Huntsman... carving his sentence on the fabric of the worlds that even The Laws of Physics would know that Qwewq had been adjudicated...

Thus, drawing his mind and his matter out of him... drawing him out in a long thin tendril of emptiness and stardust... The Doctor channeled the stuff of Qwewq in through the door of her shift-ship, in through The Console Room, into The Console... seeping in through the cracks in the panels but not seeping out again...

...and there he would be buried, throbbing and glowing forever, feeding the ship that she might not drain Earth-14 dry of life in the quest to preserve it and all Earths.

The door to the shift-ship slammed shut.

Jamie turned to face Wayne and Themyscira. "Thank you for your hospitality. I shall do what I can to repay you."

She held up the palm of her hand, and closed her eyes... and orange fire burned in her skin for a moment, a glow not unlike the stuff of stars seen in the body of The Huntsman...

...and Barthogan Allen gasped in startlement and pain and joy as-- out of nowhere, his severed leg healed... grew from his hip as though it had never been severed, all his wounds restored.

...and Harrold Jordan sucked in a great breath of air as his collapsed rib cage snapped back into shape, and then his shattered hands were knitted once more and the light blazed anew in his Ring.

Wayne, too, glanced down at himself, and found his injuries were repaired.

Wayne and Dianerys stared at The Doctor for a moment in astonishment at her kindness-- their world was a harsh place, and even hospitality was rarely repaid so much in full.

The Doctor stared to nowhere for a moment, then turned to board her shift-ship, pushing open the door and half-stepping through it before glancing back at what remained of The League of Seven.

"I cannot fully restore your numbers. Though I can promise you that mere death could not stop J'on J'onzz in any timeline."

Her expression was one of great omen and portent, and unglad tidings: "As for the others. El and Batson. For them I am too late, and I am sorry, I'm so sorry. The Celestial Huntsman is not the only thing that has been striding from parallel to parallel, killing Justice Leagues. You need to shore up your forces and prepare, Unite the Seven. Brace yourselves."

"Darkness is coming."

She creaked the door shut behind her with a click.

And

VWORRP.
VWORRP.
VWORRP.

she was gone.

Back