Spring, Glorious Spring

Today is this year's "Crocus Day" (the date I sight the spring's first bloom).

It's almost a month late. What a hellacious winter.

320px-Crocus_longiflorus5.jpg

The forsythia is visibly pregnant but I think it's a false alarm. I doubt if it'll bloom before April arrives.

The forsythia is visibly pregnant but I think it's a false alarm. I doubt if it'll bloom before April arrives.

One of my property lines is marked by an 8' row of forsythia. Another is lined by a row of Azalea bushes that form a hedge about 6' high. In another month it will be something.

One of my property lines is marked by an 8' row of forsythia. Another is lined by a row of Azalea bushes that form a hedge about 6' high. In another month it will be something.

Brilliant colors !!

Forsythia- late March or early April
████████████████████████████████

Azalea- Mid/late May
████████████████████████████████

It is a great year for forsythia. It seems to bloom really well in a spring following a dry previous summer.

th

87.8ºF currently @ 1855, and not a cloud in the sky all day today...

...predicted low tonight is 60ºF.

Tomorrow, like Wednesday, charts-out at 86ºF with lows around 60º...

...and nothing but sunshine both days.

Summer has arrived on this Texas plateau upon the Mexican desert.

The forsythia wants to bust out.

It's not there, yet, but it is going to explode shortly. Spring's blooms are late this year, pushed back by the hellacious winter.

607px-Forsythia_flower_1r.jpg

This whole goddamn place exploded in the last week. It's like someone detonated a bomb of colours.

There are brilliant shades of blue, pink, yellow, fuschia, green and blue all over the place.

It's a riot of magnolia, cherry blossoms, daffodils, forsythia, jonquils and tulips.

this is the first place I've lived in over the past fourteen years that hasn't got a pomegranate bush.

The magnolia is fading. It has an incredibly powerful scent that is almost intoxicating.
In combination with the fresh mulch the very air around this joint is deeply infused with a delicious funky odor.

640px-Magnolienbluete_freiburg.jpg

Every year, somewhere around April 15th, I put on a pair of shorts— that's my standard attire for the next six-odd months.

It's "Crocus Day" (the date I sight the spring's first bloom).

There are a ton of snowdrops all over the place. Yesterday, I ran into an enormous din of peepers. I've never heard 'em quite so loud— an outright racket.

Back