Spirit song: the elven wanderer finally has a home.

She smiled. "I am appreciative that you think so. I can't answer on my phone, I find it frustrating. I am glad you are able to get to your replies when you can."

She turned her hand and brushed his cheek. "There is never an expectation of timing for posts. I never mind waiting."

“I do appreciate your patience with all the changes in my life.” He leaned into her hand. “God I love your touch,” he murmured. “I can see how replying on your phone would irritate you, it bothers me at times too, maybe the posts I’ve done like that i’ll go back and edit properly.”

"The patience is reciprocal. You are patient with me, I with you and so on. It is how things work. No one can be expected to reply all the time. Life outside of here is a thing." She smiled. "Replies happen when they can. Life is ever changing and that is good."

He smiles and nods. “You’ve always been more ok with change than I am. Makes you a good influence on me.” He moved closer sliding his arms around her waist. “Have been thinking about you a lot lately. And yes before you ask good things.” His smile is teasing.

"I wouldn't say okay with it but I try to adapt as best I can, as quickly as a situation allows. I don't like surprises." She smiled as his arms went around her. "And yes, that was going to be my question. I am predictable."

She relaxed in his arms. "Change is a part of life. All we can do is try to adapt and be happy."

He nodded as he listened to her explanations. “I guess just as an outsider to your mind it feels like you adapt well. Then again in general you are pretty practical.” He slid his hand up to stroke her cheek. “Predictable, maybe… but, most of us are, we have responses we will give in a situation. I think that makes you relyable and comfortable.” He smiled brighter. “That is something I adore about you, I generally know what I’ll get.”

He slid his other hand down her back and over the swell of her bottom as he pressed them together.

She moved closer as his hands pressed her to him. "I try hard to be practical. I do not like when my emotions rule over rational thought. Reliable...comfortable...not terrible things to be." She smiled at him as she let her hands run over his chest.

He shivered and made a soft noise at her touches. “Not bad things at all. He kissed her softly. “I have reflected this week on things I’m grateful for, and you are for sure one of them,” he whispered against her lips.

He felt the sun warming them, and enjoyed the feel of her against him her curves brushing agianst him as they half floated in the water

"There is a great deal to be thankful and grateful for. You are one of them for me as well." She stated before kissing him softly, gently.

"It is good sometimes to remind ourselves of the positives in life."

He smiled at her words. “Yes, I agree. It has been difficult for me of late, but I truly am grateful for people in my life.” His hands slid through her hair as he kissed her back, gently.

Changing trains of thought he smiled, “I’m hoping to do some writing this morning for you. God I miss it.”

"Thank you for the writing. I will try and get time soon. Life..." She rolled her eyes a little. "I feel like my mantra lately is too much to do, not enough time."

She ducked away, submerging herself in the water. Surfacing, she floated on her back. "I keep hoping for things to settle into a manageable routine but so far...nope." She laughed.

He nodded his agreement. “Yes, I keep wanting to write more consistently but I haven’t found a way to build it in again, I truly miss it. New year, perhaps I can do better,” he commented eyes taking in her form as she floated there. There had been some silence here over the holidays but he was back, for now.

"New year, new plans..new potential." She continued to float, closing her eyes as she did so. "Never enough time and when there is time there is no more brain space. Too tired to think. I would like just a routine...just a sense of consistency. I keep trying." She smiled.

At least we can have these stolen moments,” he said softly his hand finding hers giving it a squeeze. I am slowly finding some routine, but I’m finding that it isn’t always the most healthy, not eating right, my health suffering for it, not exercising, but it feels like there isn’t time for that on top of work and what I want to do.” He laughed, “If I can’t find time to write how do I have time to work out. I think I just need to remind myself that I write fast. If I only have 20 minutes I can still write, I might not write to everything but maybe I can write to something, and that something could motivate me to write something else next time, it builds on itself.” He smiled.

He turned his attention more to her, “I know you are missing a routine, this pandemic has really messed with the consistency of your life.”

"Yes it is the consistency of things that is the most frustrating. Just when I find a groove it gets completely changed..." She smiled and squeezed his hand back. "Never enough time to do as much as we want but yes, even 20 mins to do something is better than not. Works the same for exercise too."

He smiled a bit sheepishly, “You’ve got a point, but exercising is much less fun.” He grinned then, “I mean unless I’m doing things that qualify dubiously as eercise,” he cuckled. “My fingers are crossed things smooth out for you so you can find a grove.”

"Yes it is less fun but in the end makes one feel better. And fair, if only more fun things qualified as exercise." She sighed as she floated. "Thank you. I hope so too."

You know reading your thread today and our conversation, I actually did some stretching tonight, I’m actually a tad proud of myself for that.

"Stretching is very good. Something also easily done in 20 mins with lots of benefits. You should be proud." She opened her eyes and smiled at him.

It wasn’t much but honestly even starting small is going to help more than nothing. He swam closer sliding an arm around her waist.

"Better to start small and build up. If you start big then when you don't match it every time then it becomes self defeating." She pressed against his side as his arm came around her.

“You are wise,” he told her, hand cupping her cheek. He leaned down and kissed her, getting lost in the moment, in the feel of her so close to him.

"No, not wise. Just bad at making habits and so read a lot on how to do it." She chuckled softly before kissing him back.

He chuckled a bit at her words, “Fair.” He told her pressing kisses down her neck, “I shall benifit from your research,” he said with a small smile.

"I just wish I put more into practice." She laughed lightly. Her head tilted allowing him more access to kiss her neck.

Back