Site Design Improvements Necessary

Hey here's an idea, START YOUR OWN SITE!

and stop complaining about this one

be one of those guys that disrupts the old by coming up with something new

NO ONE is stopping you from starting or building a new one except yourself, so stop complaining, get off your ass and do it

This is very similar to the 1 response he got by posting his complaints to the Tech Support thread. Such a pity...

Is this still the "creative input" part of the thread?

When do me move from mocking to mock-ups?

RTFM :D

If you do not have BETA turned on, you can activate BETA by going to any Story Page and clicking the "Click Here to Preview" button.

You can enable and disable Dark Mode at any time. Once Dark Mode is enabled, it will apply to all New Literotica pages, including the Tags Portal and Search. We will be adding more New Lit pages in 2021, so eventually the entire site will have the Dark Mode option.

We'd like to hear from you about any of the following:

1. Any problems, bugs, or issues that you have while using the new Dark Mode or Gray Mode. The more information you can send us, the more quickly we can track down bugs.

2. Any suggestions you have to improve Dark Mode.

3. Any general feedback letting us know what you think of Dark Mode.

You can contact us in any of the following ways:

• Dark Mode BETA Feedback Literotica Forum Thread

I do have that turned on in story mode and it looks fine. I was referring to having dark mode while in the Lit boards. Is that an option yet?

...eventually the entire site will have the Dark Mode :)

tenor.gif

I can tell you why I like this site as opposed to the other available websites. I find some are pretty vanilla and/or just as difficult to navigate as Lit. Others are shockingly disturbing with no holds barred and should come with complementary eye bleach. Lit is a middle ground erotic literature site. The Stories and Pic link is in plain sight when you open the page. I do agree that the tags portal is hard to find for new users. I'm not sure if this is intentional so new stories and top lists are viewed first. Of course Lit could use some improvements, most sites could but the navigation of other erotic story sites are just as, if not more, difficult. Comparatively navigating Lit stands up well to Lush, ASSTR and Bdsm Stories. I'm not sure what site you are talking about that is directed towards the "too younger" crowd without explicit sex scenes but that doesn't sound like the type of erotic literature most over 18s want to read. Sometimes all a reader wants is a good wank story without being bored or nauseated.

funny how when I mention third party sites everyone jumps down my throat about how that's against t\the rules. but when you do it, no one does anything. The only other site I know is wattpad. the layout there has the search bar right at the top, first thing, as is excepted from a database type website, such as youtube, spotify, ect.

funny how when I mention third party sites everyone jumps down my throat about how that's against t\the rules. but when you do it, no one does anything. The only other site I know is wattpad. the layout there has the search bar right at the top, first thing, as is excepted from a database type website, such as youtube, spotify, ect.

You haven't earned respect. And you never will. Best to start a new account and try again. See if you learned anything. My bet says no

Sounds like you're sticking around. An unwritten rule is to be shitty and suspicious of newbs. Maybe it's like the armed forces or jobs where they tease the new kid? So you get picked on because you've still got creases in your shirt and clean shoes. We know the best places to have a smoke and which teacher tries to cop a feel when you brush past them.
If you're meaning to stay, then don't say too much because the big kids will pick on you and you don't know who they are yet. Check the boards - see if it's full of cunty back-stabbers or if there's a discussion between adults.

See ya around, newb. And quit griping about the fucking site design. Jeez.

Is it their fault? Or their parents? And if it is their parents fault...isn't that really your generation's fault?

not really. still if it helps them, blame the parents, it never the off springs fault...

I can tell you why I like this site as opposed to the other available websites. I find some are pretty vanilla and/or just as difficult to navigate as Lit. Others are shockingly disturbing with no holds barred and should come with complementary eye bleach. Lit is a middle ground erotic literature site. The Stories and Pic link is in plain sight when you open the page. I do agree that the tags portal is hard to find for new users. I'm not sure if this is intentional so new stories and top lists are viewed first. Of course Lit could use some improvements, most sites could but the navigation of other erotic story sites are just as, if not more, difficult. Comparatively navigating Lit stands up well to Lush, ASSTR and Bdsm Stories. I'm not sure what site you are talking about that is directed towards the "too younger" crowd without explicit sex scenes but that doesn't sound like the type of erotic literature most over 18s want to read. Sometimes all a reader wants is a good wank story without being bored or nauseated.

the bigger "erotic" lit site rn is wattpad. I wont dispute that those sites are trash, BDSM is literally defunct. All I'm saying is the welcome page should be more than a word document with hyperlinks. It should have tabs, and a search bar at the top, like the rest of the website.

There is a lot to capitalize on and little competition. Wattpad has a massive userbase but its "non-explicit" and likely has a significant below 18 crowd. A site like this could be the obvious transition. There is definitely interest in smut writing.

Last edited:
To the OP, some of your criticisms are perfectly legitimate. BUT... (and you knew there had to be a huge "but" in there.)

I have been here since the beginning. I joined in 2000. Not sure of your age but it is quite possible that you were in diapers at that time. The Internet was a very different place then. Lit was (and still is) a one-of-a-kind place. I know of no other site with as active a board and as many stories as this one.

So your criticisms although expressed a bit harshly and with no appreciation for what you have here are not without merit. The problem though is that this is not a product that you are paying for. You have no say in this and nothing at stake. There are not obligations to you.

You are an invited guest. Think if is as if you were invited to someone's house. You enjoyed your stay and were invited to come back as often as you would like. Over time, the place remained the same. It got a bit outdated, maybe even a little worn at the edges, but would you go to the owners and say, "Hey, I want come back but your drapes need to be replaced. The sofa needs new cushions and that light bulb has been out for years."

No. You wouldn't. You'd shut the fuck up, keep your quibbles to yourself, and not project what you think the owners want out of this.

So you can point fingers...and when someone questions you...then I am the bad guy

My statement wasn't in jest. It simply points out the reality that your shit stinks just as much as mine

I am chastised, but I don't think our values are so very different. You're hardly the first person to poke fun at woke.

The search field costs very little space, compared to a long list of story categories. just put it at the top, it doesn't take up much room, and it's more popular than any sub-category story link individually. This shouldn't really be up for debate, this is simple modern website layout.

add some tabs at least. it's literally just a word doc with hyperlinks. Poorly organized at that. No ones is going to bother with a wall of text if they stumble on this website. They will think, "oh, this website is defunct and I don't know what is even in it". Make it clear its a database of user submitted stories.

This si why the current user base is full of argumentative boomers.

The search field costs very little space, compared to a long list of story categories. just put it at the top, it doesn't take up much room, and it's more popular than any sub-category story link individually. This shouldn't really be up for debate, this is simple modern website layout.

add some tabs at least. it's literally just a word doc with hyperlinks. Poorly organized at that. No ones is going to bother with a wall of text if they stumble on this website. They will think, "oh, this website is defunct and I don't know what is even in it". Make it clear its a database of user submitted stories.

This si why the current user base is full of argumentative boomers.

Are you suggesting that the demographics for the story readers is the same as the demographics for the regular forum users? It has been my experience and the majority of us who frequent the forums don’t spend much time reading the stories; the stories led us to the site, we stick around for the forums. The story side, the chat site, and the forum side have some overlapping users but considerable numbers who frequent just one of the three.

The site also gets a lot of traffic for one that you are suggesting people will think of a defunct upon first glance. That just doesn’t seem to be the case, despite your personal preferences. The focus on the story side is the stories and they are clearly more than capable of drawing the traffic.

Generation X/Xennial here, also wanting to point out that you are every bit as argumentative as the folks you’re calling out.

Are you suggesting that the demographics for the story readers is the same as the demographics for the regular forum users? It has been my experience and the majority of us who frequent the forums don’t spend much time reading the stories; the stories led us to the site, we stick around for the forums. The story side, the chat site, and the forum side have some overlapping users but considerable numbers who frequent just one of the three.

The site also gets a lot of traffic for one that you are suggesting people will think of a defunct upon first glance. That just doesn’t seem to be the case, despite your personal preferences. The focus on the story side is the stories and they are clearly more than capable of drawing the traffic.

Generation X/Xennial here, also wanting to point out that you are every bit as argumentative as the folks you’re calling out.

it’s not the case? then where are all the younger new users? Hmm?

I’m not talking about the forums. speaking of that, when I click on “stories” I get this page (https://www.literotica.com/beta/stories/). great example of it being difficult to even find what you want. A new user might think, “ oh it’s some creepy old forum website for sex stories”. That’s what this webpage conveys.

Back