Site Design Improvements Necessary

For example, go to this link
https://www.literotica.com/

the "Stories & Pics" link is all the way at the bottom in small text. This is literally the core content of the website and its a smaller font than a "Spyware Browser Test" hyperlink in the News section...

Think about Watt ...

Look at Watt ...

6. Any post or PM made with the intent of promoting another site or a product will be removed. Spam is strictly forbidden. You may not send unsolicited PM's or emails to other users trying to promote other websites or products. Literotica is not a place to promote other websites, and we are very strict on this issue. If you abuse this policy, you will be banned. If you persist, your ISP will be contacted.

https://www.literotica.com/support/forum_rules.shtml

Poor Petrie...poor poor Petrie. No one cares...and no one will read your wank material. There are far better authors than you can ever dream to be. It is OK. Not everyone is good at everything. Just accept it, and move on. Do you need me to link you the story submission page?

Poor Petrie...poor poor Petrie. No one cares...and no one will read your wank material. There are far better authors than you can ever dream to be. It is OK. Not everyone is good at everything. Just accept it, and move on. Do you need me to link you the story submission page?
I did a quick test, the decline of the website is apparent. Look at the number of views of stories posted in 2000's vs after 2015.

I know there's a bias due to how long tis been sitting there. But the difference is nearly an order of magnitude.

Ya'll can be as defensive as you want. As a first time user, who is hoping to post some stories I've never released, I gave you my impression. The first two front pages don't look legit. The only reason I kept trying to "get in" was because I remember this website.

you don't have to care about first user impressions, that's your choice. But it's not a very good one. I don't know where to post suggestions so I put it here.

I want to find a popular website for this type of thing, and the website says to me, "this is for a close-knit veteran group of older folks". There's nothing wrong with that, but its not sustainable long term.

a different website I know of has a younger crowd, but its maybe even too young, this type of content isn't even permitted there. So I don't know where to go.

No one in this thread is in any dev or programming roles with this site. There’s a forum for feedback and tech issues that I linked above. Feel free to keep arguing in circles if you’d prefer.

I did a quick test, the decline of the website is apparent. Look at the number of views of stories posted in 2000's vs after 2015.

I know there's a bias due to how long tis been sitting there. But the difference is nearly an order of magnitude.

Ummmmm...cause the audience has moved to more immediate gratification. That's the thing bucko...you are only a decade late on getting aboard. It is called reality.

Ummmmm...cause the audience has moved to more immediate gratification. That's the thing bucko...you are only a decade late on getting aboard. It is called reality.

Erotic literature is still popular. there is another website especially with the "too younger" crowd, that doesn't allow "explicit" sex scenes.

The issue is there are a lot of websites out there. why should a new user, "give this one a chance" when they first stumble upon it and it looks like it's dead...
and then expect them to dig through it to find what they expect to be clearly visible.

No one in this thread is in any dev or programming roles with this site. There’s a forum for feedback and tech issues that I linked above. Feel free to keep arguing in circles if you’d prefer.
Yes, I think i'm going to re-post it there if that's allowed. This gave me a chance to get some good examples of the site issues.

Why are my stories not getting read? Why am I getting unfavorable reviews? It has to be the antiquated website design. It surely can't be cause I suck at writing.

For example, go to this link
https://www.literotica.com/

the "Stories & Pics" link is all the way at the bottom in small text. This is literally the core content of the website and its a smaller font than a "Spyware Browser Test" hyperlink in the News section...

I suggest you build the mockups and post the links to your test site for review and approval.

Young people don't read.
They want those video clips.

I wonder sometimes if they have been inculcated with
a fear of sex's side-effects and thus lack experience outside of
masturbation and lack the imagination to be stimulated by words alone...

Of course, I could be wrong. But I doubt if a simple layout change would effect a change.

Young people don't read.
They want those video clips.

I wonder sometimes if they have been inculcated with
a fear of sex's side-effects and thus lack experience outside of
masturbation and lack the imagination to be stimulated by words alone...

Of course, I could be wrong. But I doubt if a simple layout change would effect a change.

We speak English here AJChucker.

inculcate

instill (an attitude, idea, or habit) by persistent instruction: the failures of the churches to inculcate a sense of moral responsibility.

teach (someone) an attitude, idea, or habit by persistent instruction: they will try to inculcate you with a respect for culture.

My apologies, sometimes I forget that so many illiterates
focus on a site dedicated to the written word.

I think the draw is the dirty pictures.

[pun intended]

As the title says.

The website layout is very poor.

First of all, when you first go to it, you are presented with a bunch of categories and writer resources, and the background is this spammy wallpaper. It looks very bad, it will turn people away who discover the site.

The search for stories needs to be the first thing people see. I don't know why this isn't the case, but that is what a new user wants to use first. They will want to search tags, keywords, ratings, views. They don't want to see a curated list.

I don't know who maintains this website, or what its popularity is. I know I used to read it a lot like 6/7 years ago. The stories still have lots of views, but maybe that's old news, maybe its dying, idk.

The site design is decent in all aspects except when you first click on it. The welcoming is the most important part to drawing in new users. I mean look at this, https://www.literotica.com/. the text doesn't even grow to the page. everything is so small... where do I look for stories? where do I login? those things should be at the top or the corner. At the very least, move the site index to the top. I click on the small "stories & pics" hyperlink at the bottom (https://www.literotica.com/stories/) and it takes me to another page where the first thing I see is not stories or pics. its "Resources" "Store" "Community". if I go all the way to the bottom, finally I can find what I'm looking for, "Search Stories".

I don't think it would take a lot of work to do a few simple things like change the background. I would even be willing to help. html isn't that hard.

We are not the owners of this site.

Direct your feedback to the owners of this site.

But new users don't, and if you want new readers/writers, it needs to be easy to use and intuitively accessible to first time visitors, not just older members.

I bring this up because I have been writing stories myself for years. I wanted to try posting them to see how they'd be received. However it's a shame that the website is in this state, it really limits the traction my story could pick up.
aw, bless... you thought you'd take advantage of an entirely free-to-use site to get 'traction' for your stories but it's not glam enough for you so you're bitching into the ether on a forum that has no input into how the site is run

what's your next trick for 2021? telling some random householder 3 miles away their house looked a great place for you to throw a party but you hate their decor and you'd even offer to help paint the walls because as it stands, right now, their house would put off people you wanted to invite to see you partying?

a different website I know of has a younger crowd, but its maybe even too young, this type of content isn't even permitted there. So I don't know where to go.

Hey here's an idea, START YOUR OWN SITE!

and stop complaining about this one

be one of those guys that disrupts the old by coming up with something new

NO ONE is stopping you from starting or building a new one except yourself, so stop complaining, get off your ass and do it

jesus, stop arguing, this is why you boomers are literally retards. Just get the site admins to ctrl+c/ctrl+v the search bat into the top of the page. Like a modern website. otherwise you'll all just remain a website full of aging boomers on its last legs.

Last edited:
Back