Sing, Sing a Song... Chain story

Sked me in for May 3...If I finish beforehand, I can fill in for someone or trade slots. When I'm finished I'll post here.

How about 'Songs and Stories' for a chain title? 'Sing a Song' reminds me of Sesame Street. ;)

I'll take April 19 for "Stacy's Mom" since I'm going to be working on my Earth Day story before that.

Batateam, are you joining or just quoting me as if it's your own post 'cause you weren't sure how to do a quote? One of us is confused...

Lee and bb_peaks, adding you to the schedule :)

So we've still got April 12, April 26, and May 10 available... anyone else? (I think those are the right dates; the dates in the first post of the thread are correct.)

By the way, what do y'all think of "Lustful Lyrics" for the chain title?

Last edited:
So three people (other than me) like "Lustful Lyrics". Okay, let's go with that for the chain title, unless someone has a major objection to it. For now, I'll make that change in the initial post :)

Sooner or later I'll start writing my story; I've got three things on queue ahead of it right now. Darn brain doesn't cooperate well when I want to start something new. Fortunately, it's aces on meeting deadlines. Once I start writing, I write fast.

Selena and al_Ussa, if you guys are definitely in, could you please let me know when you might be able to post? And if you're not definite, please let me know you're not so I don't think you are. :) Still need April 12 and April 26 to fill in gaps, though if we don't have a new poster for those dates, anyone else would be welcome to post a second story, or one of those who said they might want in could post.

Last edited:
I certainly don't find any fault with the name. I like alliteratons in titles. and the name certainly describes what "Ennery the Eighth" will be about. :)

I saw a reply from you yesterday, Erin... I think... Anyway, I've scheduled you in for March 29, and I'd be happy to give your story a look-over if you'd like.

Bumping... and asking, does anyone know how long the site likes to get notification of a chain story before the first story in the chain is submitted? (i.e. should I submit the chain now?)

The procedure for submitting a chain story is that the organizer makes a submission with the text being either the schedule of chapters or a link to the first post in the organization thread. So it's submitted like a story, and it has to be done before the first chapter is submitted or the first chapter will be posted under whatever other category it fits in instead of Chain Stories. I just am not sure how far in advance to do it.

I have about one third of "Ennery the Eighth" finished, and I expect to have it all done, including all the editing, in time to submit on or before March 15. I'd better warn you though. :eek: It's pretty dirty.

I'm not sure just exactly how I submit it either. :confused:

Boxlicker - You never write dirty stories. As if! Actually I've never heard of that song so I'm interested in reading your story.

Erin

It's a novelty song that was recorded by Herman and His Hermits as part of the British Invasion of the Sixties. Herman was actually Peter Noone. I couldn't find the lyrics when I googled, but they go something like this.

I'm 'Ennery the Eighth, I am.
'Ennery the Eighth, I am I am.
I got married to the widow next door.
She's been married seven times before.
And every one was an 'Ennery (Ennery)
She wouldn't take a Willie or a Sam (Not a Sam)
I'm the eighth old man named Ennery.
'Ennery the Eighth I am.

The verse is repeated after that. It might be just as well you read it instead of hearing it, because it's something of an earworm. :eek:

ETA: It says something about my wasted life to think that I could actually remember something like that after so many years. :eek:

I'm thinking more and more about joining in, since my own chain story seems to have backslid.

Still, to do "The Munificent Seven" justice, it would be at least novella-length. :rolleyes:

I have about one third of "Ennery the Eighth" finished, and I expect to have it all done, including all the editing, in time to submit on or before March 15. I'd better warn you though. :eek: It's pretty dirty.

I'm not sure just exactly how I submit it either. :confused:

You submit your chapter as you would any other story; when you choose the category from the drop-down list, choose "Chain Stories". That's it :) The hard part is mine, submitting the chain as a whole so Laurel and Manu recognize the individual chapters as part of a chain.

Willie, go for it, go for it! lol

Auughhh! This was on the third page!

Okay, so I'm going to go ahead and submit the chain with the schedule we have on the first page. If anyone else wants to participate, please grab one of the open dates and let me know.

Boxlicker, you all set for the 15th? :)

I just wanted to say that I can't wait to read the stories in this chain. :)

Back