Sex...& the Disabled

very good fact silentquill; i ws planning on writing about orgasms and intercourse. gives me something to thiink about; thanks.

For those of you with physical challenges; what positions work for you and what ones don'tt?

Love & Sex

Hi guys, sup?

I am 21 male with SMA - Type 2 since birth. Am really happy to see a post like this. I got a question: Can premature exploding :D can be caused by a weak bladder?

Thanks & ttyl

Bandit58 said:
As some of you know my partner Gil_T2 has health issues including renal failure and diabetes. We met here on Lit in 2002 and became friends first, then about a year later we became much more. We have been living together now for 18 months :)

I knew all about his problems before I flew to Australia to meet him in Nov 03. In the first few days he had several hypos (low blood sugar levels) one of which I had to call the ambulance for. He's on a dialysis machine at night for 10 hours. All this didn't matter to me and still doesn't. We love each other deeply and the relationship only seems to get stronger.

We were just discussing this and he did say that I am one in a trillion.....most women would have taken one look at him and said no thanks :( But he's a great guy, he makes me laugh and yes he will probably read this! :D I feel so special when I'm with him. He's shown me so many new sexual things, we are a Master/sub couple and so toys play a big part in our sex life. But there are also heaps of loving cuddles as well as spanks :p

Bandit, I remember Gil_T2 from a while back...he used to post in some of the threads I hang out in, and I remember that he had a lot of health problems. I am so glad that he's found someone to love and by loved by.

I'm glad peple are showing interest iin this thread; gives mee hope that there are people out there who can se disabled people from a sexual standpoint.

One thing I've heard much about lately is men maintaining an erection; I personally don't beleive an erect dick is needed to have sex. Intercourse is just one part of sexual pleasure. I for one focus on the womans pleasure during sex, not my own.

It's hard to maintain an erection when your nervous and scared; but just being touched is good for me.

Great thread Pinnochio!

As a disabled man I find myself in agreement with almost everything you've posted so far. I'm a quadriplegic and have no sensation or function below my shoulders. I am STILL a sexual person and crave the intimacy that all humans need.

The one thing you mention often and what I think is under estimated is the power of touch. The human touch. What could be more sexy than simply carressing your lover and receiving the same in return.

I don't have the personal experience to answer many questions about positions and techniques but I have an open mind and it's usually occupied with sex. lol

I hope this thread continues to shed light on the fact that sex goes on regardless of disability and that is a beautiful thing.

PS: I enjoyed your story. I can imagine experiencing so many of the emotions your writing descibed. Well done Pinnochio.

Hook

My wife has MD. She has leg braces and walks with a cane. She gets the same mistreatment discribed here at time. Sex has never been a problem, as the onset was after we were married. It has been real tempting at times to use the cane to beat some sense into some people. Children are great, they ask what the problem is and then dismiss it when they find out. Adults tenf to skirt around the issue, or pretend it doesn't exist.

There are support groups for normal parents with handicapped kids, but we have never been able to find one for handicapped parent/normal kid.

this isn't really a challenge, but more of a request. try writing a short story about sex involving an individual with a dissability; maybe we can raise more awareness.

cheers

Not to put you down about this thread but it sounds like any sexual advice thread. "Normal" is a very relative in this day and age and though you have to be mindful of a disablity in sex it is like any thing else. What your capable of and what a person enjoys is the same for everyone.

I had a friend who used a wheelchair, but I would say he was never confined to it. A trip to a strip club was alot of fun as ususal and even a lack of a ramp didn't slow us down (him rocking down the stairs was a trip though). We had alot of fun though we did have to move some chairs for lapdances, but other then that not much different. The girls treated him simply as a hot guy.....who happen to be sitting down. Jerk even got a number....lol

I think it is something to be mindful of but it is the same loving fun. Talking to your partner is something every one should do and I think experimenting is something everyone should do...Disablities don't end any parts of life, but more planning involved is all.

Pinnochio, thank you for making this thread. It has been very enlightening for me.

I am not disabled, but this thread has made me see things from a different perspective. Honestly, it's hard for some of us to know how to act around "disabled" individuals. I've learned quite a deal. I will most certainly take this with me out into the "dating world" as well as everyday life.

Thanks again. :)

thanks for the world of encouragement Amanara; i'm glad this this thread is welcome.

This is an excellent thread Pinnochio. I also read your story and it was so touching (no pun intended) and real.

I have some physical challenges and it does get in the way of having an intimate, romantic partner. It does get discouraging at times and the mind can really think of the saddest things. I am glad to see this thread, thanks.

I have to agree with Amonara on this. Although I am not disabled, i find it incredibly hard to act normaly around people that are. Its not that I think anything less of them or anything like that.

Anyway, this thread has put a new spin on it for me, so thank you. I wish I had found it b4 yesterday, as I work as a Chef, and yesterday I was cooking away in the open kitchen, and 2 disabled people came up in wheel chairs, and started chatting to me as i cooked. BUT, I found it hard to talk to them propely... I dont know why, i just did, but now, reading this, I think i would be able to handel it a bit better....

Tnx again Pinnochio for this thread, and I hope to see you all around.

Thanks for this thread. I know I've been very curious about the subject. A good friend of mine has a son who is disabled and I've often wondered how he handles his sexuality or lack thereof.

Just nice to read about in case the topic ever comes up.

Pinnochio said:
awsome bandit; i hope to meet a woman like you someday

I saw the title of the thread & decided to drop in for a read & discovered my loverly lady had posted & yes she is a wonderful lady who i think has been shocked at her sexual discovery I've shown her,she has discovered that she is a very sexy lady I just hope more guys & gals will also take the chance to findout just what they have been missing. :D

Pinnochio said:
I'm glad peple are showing interest iin this thread; gives mee hope that there are people out there who can se disabled people from a sexual standpoint.

One thing I've heard much about lately is men maintaining an erection; I personally don't beleive an erect dick is needed to have sex. Intercourse is just one part of sexual pleasure. I for one focus on the womans pleasure during sex, not my own.

It's hard to maintain an erection when your nervous and scared; but just being touched is good for me.

I don't think it's seeing us from a sexual standpoint but seeing us as people with sexual desire.

Great thread, makes my night to read this and the support given.

I have a lower spine injury incurred in 1999 and while I'm able to walk and move fairly normal, any action is extremely painful including sex. It is very difficult to look not only in shape but "uninjured" and having to explain my limitations is one of the least fun things in the world to do.

fulie57 said:
Great thread, makes my night to read this and the support given.

I have a lower spine injury incurred in 1999 and while I'm able to walk and move fairly normal, any action is extremely painful including sex. It is very difficult to look not only in shape but "uninjured" and having to explain my limitations is one of the least fun things in the world to do.

Even with someone else doing all the work? That's terrible...

Yeah. It is very difficult to deal with emotionally. But, just like a lot of things in the world, my motto is "no matter how bad you think you have it, someone has it worse"... a derivitaive of my old car racing days, "no matter how fast your car is, someone is faster".

SID135 said:
I have to agree with Amonara on this. Although I am not disabled, i find it incredibly hard to act normaly around people that are. Its not that I think anything less of them or anything like that.

Anyway, this thread has put a new spin on it for me, so thank you. I wish I had found it b4 yesterday, as I work as a Chef, and yesterday I was cooking away in the open kitchen, and 2 disabled people came up in wheel chairs, and started chatting to me as i cooked. BUT, I found it hard to talk to them propely... I dont know why, i just did, but now, reading this, I think i would be able to handel it a bit better....

Tnx again Pinnochio for this thread, and I hope to see you all around.
SID, I think your reaction is completely normal. We all notice what's different when we find ourselves in a new situation. Given time we find similarities and that's when we see the person and not the disability.

Pinnochio said:
hi all, back from vacation. good to see this thread is still going.

I'm waiting on your treatise on orgasms, myself.

Back