Serena Williams Temper Tantrum

I didn't see a tantrum at all, just a formerly great champion who has probably had her day and was very disappointed. She would have been particularly humbled by the fact that she lost 6 or was it 8 points in succession to lose.

In 2018 Serena did throw a tantrum in NY when unexpectedly beaten by the then upstart Osaka. That baptism of fire in NY has benefited Osaka in the long run because she has turned herself into one of the most impressive finishers since Graf.

And tonight Osaka complimented Williams by beating the American finalist fairly soundly.

So no tantrum and no case for inclusion on the politics board.

There was not one element of racism in my post.

See post 5. You made an issue out of her doing exactly the same thing, but to a much lesser degree than IT did repeatedly. Not to mention what McEnroe, Everts and numerous others have done.

See post 5. You made an issue out of her doing exactly the same thing, but to a much lesser degree than IT did repeatedly. Not to mention what McEnroe, Everts and numerous others have done.

Don't forget Connors and Năstase...when they played doubles together, that made for a lot of entertainment.:D

I didn't see a tantrum at all, just a formerly great champion who has probably had her day and was very disappointed. She would have been particularly humbled by the fact that she lost 6 or was it 8 points in succession to lose.

In 2018 Serena did throw a tantrum in NY when unexpectedly beaten by the then upstart Osaka. That baptism of fire in NY has benefited Osaka in the long run because she has turned herself into one of the most impressive finishers since Graf.

And tonight Osaka complimented Williams by beating the American finalist fairly soundly.

So no tantrum and no case for inclusion on the politics board.

This. Serena has thrown some tantrums in the past. Nothing she did in the Australian Open qualifies as that. The OP is just trolling.

This. Serena has thrown some tantrums in the past. Nothing she did in the Australian Open qualifies as that. The OP is just trolling.

"Tantrum" is probably not the correct word. She let her emotions get the best of her, and she walked out on the post match press conference. Understandable to a degree as she confronts the inevitable end of an historically illustrious career. Serena has rightfully been exultant in all of her many victories. It's just my opinion that she should have been more graceful in defeat, especially in light of her amazing past success.Serena Williams is a great American success story. Rudyard Killings words appear above the doors to Wimbledon's Centre Court: : If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster; and treat those two imposters just the same; Yours is the Earth, and everything that's in it; And-which is more-you'll be a Man, my son."

Ram one 45 should just stop talking..... and digging.

Judging and lecturing about how a woman of color should behave after a tough loss in a high profile tennis match is racist mansplaining.

These right wing fools constantly remove all doubt.

*nods*

Ram one 45 should just stop talking..... and digging.

Judging and lecturing about how a woman of color should behave after a tough loss in a high profile tennis match is racist mansplaining.

These right wing fools constantly remove all doubt.

*nods*

You framed my remarks in the context of color because of your racism. I didn't.

^^^
He wouldn't answer this.

We know why. ;)

No particular reason. I saw the Tim Tebow post and figured it was OK. There was no ulterior motive or nefarious intent. I don't read every post in detail. Were you upset about the Tebow post?

The OP needs to ask themselves what their PRIMARY reason was for starting this thread, and, if they're honest about the answer, never again wonder why people label them a racist.

*nods*

I admit I really didn't wonder about the thread topic initially.....I mean, has Ramone ever mentioned women's tennis as a topic before?

Nope.

Then Rory pointed out that there was a thread mocking white conservative Christian Tim Tebow's failures in two professional sports and I had an "a ha!" moment.

One can just imagine the hamster wheel spinning inside Ramone's head.
Hurr Durr....white male threatened.
Must...must....find whatabout example!
Not too many non-white non-male athletes to choose from, hence Serena Williams.

Back