Seeking Category Advice

Milo_Grigsby

Story Teller
I have a story about an affair between co-workers. It's romantic and bittersweet without a ton of sex, but what's there is kind of hot with some dirty talk. I am torn between Erotic Couplings and Romance. I know it's hard to judge based on that short of a synopsis, but any thoughts or recommendations would be welcome.

Erotic couplings is usually more of a catch-all.

Romance, best bring the Romance full strength no chaser. You will be judged on it.

Prep yourself for a possible no HEA ding in Romance if you don't go in that direction.

If it doesn't have a HEA ending, you're probably better off going with Erotic Couplings. More people will probably see it in Romance, but the reaction to it may be less than ideal.

It all depends upon the circumstances of the affair, and what you mean by "bittersweet". Unless there's a damn good reason for the infidelity, that's thin ice. I can see some potential pathways for a story that could be successful in romance with those details, but they're pretty specific. From the brief description, I'm guessing you're not walking any of those paths.

Back