Sacrifice to the Witch (closed)

Asa

Writer...Dream...Fantasy
richez-feat.jpg

Her magic graced every inch of her form. Spells older than time woven through what mortals thought was just hard core art. She had given up on her kind and their petty allegiences and battles. She knew well what they were doing and where it would lead but she had no interesting in saving them again. Not without a price. The question was would they pay it?

latest

They needed her but they didn't know if she would return if even briefly. After all this was not her war. They had created this and now they will need to sacrifice one of their own to her to have any chance of winning this war. They needed her to win.

They could not sacrifice a living battery to her. Not that one would work for her for long if at all. No they would have to sacrifice a powerful young male witch but they needed all of their numbers to survive yet still they needed her to win
D-tkwEWXYAIjjy9.jpg

She sat back laughing reading the pleading summons to the ancient ceremony lands. She could hear the terror and helplessness even in their written words. Of course they sought her. They had again screwed up and made one too many enemies in the world. Did they truly believe that they would ever wipe out the hunters or the free spirits of their kind. Rules and regimented overlords never survived without backlash for long but clearly the tribunal would never learn that as long as they kept the elder in place. Her methods no longer worked for true survival and life among humans of this age.

She looked to massive bear by her side with a chuckle.

They need me again. You know what that means. Another offering of at least one of their males. Perhaps this time... I should demand 2 as minimum tribute to aid them what do you think old friend?

The bear lifted its head revealing the very grey muzzle proof of its age and snorted only to lay its head back down. Her old friend would pass soon all of her animal and human friends did. Even the offerings they gave her eventually passed yet she did not.

Katarina Mylisan had been the first born of a powerful Lord of the ancient world. From a country no longer known to man. She had been chosen in secret to follow the magical path of her paternal grandmother. Witches seemed eternally to be feared and hated and slaughtered so her path hidden within visits to the great mountain home her grandmother claimed when she "retired" from royal public life. The only granddaughter of her two sons 7 total children she spent much time with her. One other would visit as well. Her cousin Loclan but he had passed from this world as well when their country had been wiped from the lands.

Her magics had for a long time been thought wiped from the world but the tribunal knew better. The tribunal also knew what was required to bring her magic to their aid. It had been this way since her youth when the first witch male given to her as part of her birthright had gotten her cursed by the church. The young man destined to be her gift into the true reveal of her power had been made to hide as a priest by a family who did not want their ancestral ties to witches to be known. She was cursed to live forever seeing neither Heven nor Hell seeing no rest from the world forever. Her lover slain before her and his powerful blood used in the curse against her.

While she was cursed his blood forever kept her his young and beautiful and powerful witch and also set in motion the continuation of there having to be an offering made to gain her favor and aid. A living tribute... a male witch strong of body mind and powers who would love guard and protect her above all including the tribunal and the rest of their world no matter what. His final words at bis final magical death before the council as a spirit they owed a great debt to was simple. Whatever she demands as tribute you will give or lose whatever battle makes you call on her. She has paid her freedom from your rules with her soul and my blood. Leave her out of your petty squabbles unless she returns of her own decision. Until then you will pay with lives and blood to be worthy to ask for her aid and powers just as humans make sacrifices to their gods you will offer living sacrifices to her or my blood will not let you see her aid.

He was her truest protector even in death.

Drawn from her thoughts she felt warmth and smiled. The cross they had painted on her back with her beloved blood now like a warm shawl around her.

Even he thinks I should ask for much more this time than just one powerful son of magic. It has been a while since I have had two lovers at once. You were but an orphaned infant then old man she smiled to the bear.

Her magics had given it an unexpected long life more like human years than animalistic life.

I shall travel to the ancient lands to meet with them and see what catastrophe they require my aid with and make my demands for two minimum for my assistance.

tumblr_nkwkzthOAE1risr9ko1_1280.jpg

As far as mortals were concerned she was an eclectic artist her art all over her body and canvas or whatever other medium she chose was her magic. At least one way her spells came to life.

She arrived at the sacred land of ceremony barely concealing amusement at their regiment and order. Nothing like the nature around them that gave them their powers by their mere birth.

You have truly ignored the signs and cast yourselves and humans into a destruction you can not fix.

She spoke bluntly glaring at the elder directly a clear no no as far as the others around her were concerned but she was different from the elders little scared soldiers and servants to her will and temper. The old woman growled for such contempt but they all knew they could not touch her.

Yes... perhaps the enemy we stood before was not the only one we were dealing with and I may have missed the signs of the other enemies at our doorstep.

Your arrogance keeps doing that doesn't it child?

She replied much to the shock of those around them at her calling the elder child and much to the ire of the elder.

My tribute to you shall be one of our strongest males if not truly our strongest with the hopes that losing him from our ranks to gain your favor will see us to...

Make that 2 and your war will have my aid.

She spoke blunt and direct. One of the tribunal raised a brow having been told that this would happen. A young sensor had told them she would expect more this time. She would not help if they did not give two in a strong act of faith and sacrifice to prove they were worthy of saving. The young witch saw the two males taken by her represented by a Jaguar and a massive wolf black as night both having a strange almost sacred symbol hovering over them. Sadly the young sensor could not see face of the second only that they had chosen the first correctly. The Elder had been made aware of this as well stating they would not sacrifice a second to this relic.

As soon as the command left Katerina's lips a second young man seemed to stand taller in the young sensors eyes as she moved silently to the tribunal and pointed out the one who now appeared as a tall sleek jaguar. Without caring about the anger of the elder She quickly moved with the others of the tribunal to the young man's side and nodded to him as he smiled and whispered yes to them.

Sacred one we willingly offer two you this young man as the rest of your tribute. Please accept both of these young men as your protectors allies lovers and companions if they please you and lend us your sacred aid in this war that we may win to protect not only the mortals but all of our kind as well.

SteveBoyd10.jpg
tumblr_n53hgs9C6p1txnmcao1_500.png

Felix

Felix had been upset when he hadn’t been chosen to be the sacrifice. The witch was supposed to be gorgeous. After seeing her, he agreed. It was hard to believe she was hundreds of years old. She looked like she was his age. She was fit and curvy with dark, wavy hair. He wanted to trace her tattoos with his fingers, and then with his tongue.

It made him even more upset that the other man had been Louis. Louis was weak. His body and magic were strong, of course. He wouldn’t have been chosen, otherwise. But his mind was weak. Felix’s wasn’t.

Then, she had asked for a second sacrifice, and Felix had been chosen. This was his chance. He’d show her that she got it right the second time.

Louis

Louis walked up to stand next to the witch as Felix walked over to join them. Both men were shirtless in dark pants, as requested.

Now that he and Felix had both been chosen to be the offerings to the witch, Louis was more than ready to fulfill his duty. The woman was stunning, and if she would help his people win the war then he would walk through fire for her. He had studied. He had trained. He was ready.

The commander glared but the tribunal had spoken with the help of the little sensor. There was no arguing with them or the sensor. The first strike team nearly gutted with the offering.

Now that you have your offering ancient one. Our enemies await. You have taken far more than should be needed for a couple of rogue bands of Hunters surely.

Katarina looked at them and smiled before barely veiled anger fell once more onto the commander.

Surely if it is only a couple of rogue bands of hunters the great commander of this magical army should not need me? Yet... here we are.

The angry yet defeated look said it all on the commander's face as Katarina continued.

I will deal with those who seek the relics of magic to use against you. Surely the less powerful band your young warriors candy wipe out with ease then.

Say your goodbyes to any fellow witches you wish and we will be on our way.

A smile graced her lips as she looked to the two young men now her warriors and companions.

Louis

Louis said goodbye to his parents and sister, noting with sadness that Felix had no one to say goodbye to.

He wondered what his life would be like, now, with Katarina. He walked next to her and his fellow offering and waited for her to lead the way.

We return to my home then gaining what I will need there we begin the hunt.

She nodded to them and left. It was a bit of a drive but went quickly enough to her long forgotten cove lingering within the river and mountain lands. The massive bear watched the jeep and stood when it saw people with its friend. A gruff snort of a warning till she smiled to him.

Our offerings old friend. It is safe... that is Cyrus also called old man... he is harmless and very old for his species.

Felix

Felix steps out of the jeep and nods at the friendly-ish bear. He had to hand it to Katarina, an ursine familiar was a real power move. Going up to the bear, waving like an idiot, and then holding out you hand for it to smell, on the other hand, was not a power move. And yet, that’s exactly what Louis did. Felix shook his head at the man, and then turned back to the witch.

“So, when’s the tour?”

A tour of the house a grounds. Cyrus can show you the grounds as well as the other animals that call my lands home. As for the house. Go and choose rooms on the hall to the left on the second floor. You were soldiers already yes or still just cadets?
Her mind was on the task and possible relics already in enemy hands as she spoke. Compartmentalizing her mind for multiple tasks at once was a well honed skill. The large home was the remains of the home she grew up in merged with her grandmother's home. She had over time brought both to this hidden little spot she had found long ago.

Louis

“We’re still cadets,” Louis said, noticing Felix’s scowl at the words. What did he have to complain about? It was true. Louis hoped the witch wasn’t disappointed not to get soldiers. The two men were very capable, they were just inexperienced.

He picked up his bags and walked up to the second floor. The house was very nice. He selected a room, and dropped off his bags. Not having anything else to do, he sat down next to the witch, waiting to see if there was anything she needed. He wasn’t sure where Felix had gone.

She watched Cyrus sniff at Louis and nudge him.

Cadets are perfectly fine. Less to deprogram from that infernal commander and her ego.

She smiled to him but her eyes betrayed her minds multiple paths.

What can you tell me about who she believed the enemy was.

I know she would have been hellbent that the Nataz were wiped out generations ago "by her own hand" till there was too much proof to deny it and had to obey the councel and call me

Felix

Felix walked into the main room to see Louis and Katarina talking at the table.

Louis seemed to be offering his opinion on their enemy’s identity. “The council believed it was the Nataz.”

Felix sat at the table. “It wasn’t the Nataz,” he countered flippantly. “I don’t know who it was, but it wasn’t the Nataz.” He idly ran one finger through the sparse hair on his chest.

Ahh... one of the well trained repeating parrots of the Infernal Commander. Lesson time cadets... there is only one group of people who can handle the powers of the ancient artifacts and Relics being used against the commanders Armies. And that is the Nataz. I should know I spent centuries trying to prevent them.from getting their hands on as many relics as possible. I know well their methods and power not to mention the ill gained ego of the commander in her haste to announce them vanquished.

She sighed sitting down by the bear to calm him as if he understood the name they were discussing.

Last edited:
Louis

Louis hoped very much that Katarina had missed Felix rolling his eyes.

He decided to try to be more constructive. “What can we do about them?”

She did see it and walked over to a curtain covered wall and moved the curtain back revealing a painting that tells the story of a battle she had fought along side one of her former offerings and his unit of three others. Their enemy adorned with the symbol of the Nataz and led by one of their most brutal leaders. A sword in his hand tha was painted to glow showing its power. The sword itself now stabbed into the heart of the enemy on the wall. And 4 names written on what appeared to be single marble slabs in the wall under the painting like tombs. Ignoring more the eye roll she looks over and sighs.

We hunt down powers once more to stop them from ever seeking to wipe our kind from the world. Let the commander deal with those like us who do not fall in line with her militant rule.

Felix

Felix looked at the artwork on the wall. He assumed it was most likely stylized, and the sword was some kind of metaphor for however the battle was actually won.

Maybe the names were the names of the allies she lost? The one thing he knew was that he wasn’t going to suffer their fate. He was a survivor. Let Louis make the sacrifice play. He’d probably get off on it or something.

Felix stood next to the witch and smiled at her. “So, you need us to help you grow your power, right? How does that work exactly?”

She had been the one to end that one powerful leader of their enemy with the same sword he used to strike down those she called her own.

My powers are fine you both are their payment to beg me to help fix the commanders fuck ups. What happens now that you both are mine whatever happens happens. For now I will...

She paused and closed her eyes kneeling down by one of the marble slabs in the wall.

Markos...

She smiled and stood back up.

The spirits will help lead us to relics once more. As they are on the move now hunting for something. In time that may come.for thebes we have here like the sword.

Louis

Louis had also assumed they were here to help actually fight the Nataz. He was here to serve Katarina, yes, but he also wanted to be useful in the effort to save his people.

He was about to protest, then winced when he heard Felix beat him to it.

“What? Yeah, yeah, we’re yours, whatever, but we’re going to help take these fuckers down, right? We’re not just sitting here keeping house for you.”

Louis wished the man would keep his mouth shut. Louis may have shared some of the same concerns, but he would have expressed them with a lot more tact.

She sighed seeing far too much of the commanders brainwashing in them.

Flippant attitude and quick anger and aggravation will give them fast victory over you. Never presume to wield such cocky attitude. That is one of the reasons the commander should have never been allowed such solo power over the armies of witches.

Turning she shook her head.

Find the flow and harmony of the natural world around you not regimented temper. Get back to what we are at the core of our beings not what so many were made to be. There you will find a strength the enemy does not have.

Closing the curtain covering the mural and graves she bowed her head briefly.

Markos was a former offering... two centuries ago on this day to be exact to fight the Nataz and their most ruthless ruler. Fabian Vale. The sword he killed Markos with was used by my hands to slay him and now is buried to the hilt nearly in the wall as you saw. Let us for now prepare dinner and discuss what you were told of how they think it will be for you here.

Louis

Felix seemed to at least accept that, nodding as he replied. “That’d be nice. They were stingy with the details.”

That was another point on which Louis agreed. He felt it was time to make himself useful, as well.

“Katarina, is there any way I can be helpful in preparing dinner?”

Yes open the fridge to the right of the door and fetch the two large yellow fin for Cyrus. You will each give him one. So he can begin to grow accustomed to you and then I believe perhaps grilled steaks and vegetables?

Felix

When Louis came back with the fish, Felix was happy to take one and hold it out for the bear. He thought it in his best interest to get and stay on Cyrus’s good side.

Afterward, Felix and Louis both prepared dinner quickly and efficiently. Felix had been able to find Katarina’s spice drawer, so the vegetables were flavorful as well as well-grilled. A little butter with garlic and rosemary made sure the steaks weren't outshined.

They brought out the three plates and sat one in front of Katarina. Felix dug in, smiling to himself as he saw Louis wait for some kind of approval before eating.

She smiled to them and began eat.

Very good thank you both and clearly Cyrus was happy with his fish. He goes through about 8 of those a day. He is very spoiled in his old age but still one the less lethal when he has to be.

Tonight we rest and talk and tomorrow research and travel.

Louis

Louis ate his meal, and enjoyed it quite a bit. He was glad Felix was at least a good cook, even if he thought he was useless in other ways.

He finished before Katarina, and walked over to sit in the seat next to her. He reached down with his hand, and placed it on the back of her ankle, under the table.

“May I? While we talk...”

He was sure she must be tired and stressed after their day, and helping her with things like a foot rub were supposed to be part of their job. At least, he thought they probably were. If they weren’t, he was sure she’d tell them.

She simply nodded accepting his offered foot rub.

I know the sword will be safe for now but there are other relics that they will seek if they have not sought out yet or found.

She smiled to them and finally showing any affection reached a hand to move hair from in front of Felix eyes.

Felix

Felix smirked at Louis for rubbing the witch’s feet, but he was a bit jealous as well as he saw him slip off her shoes and start his massage. He supposed that kind of subservience was part of what they’d been chosen for. It helped that she was gorgeous. He wouldn't mind more physical contact, even if it meant rubbing her feet. Almost as if she could read his mind, she reached out and moved aside a lock of his hair. Maybe she could? He had no idea what she could do.

She mentioned other relics, but didn’t elaborate. If they weren’t going to get into the details, then at least he could join in the fun. He stood and walked to stand behind her. He put his hands gently on her shoulders and started rubbing. Her body was soft and inviting, but he could feel muscle underneath.

Back