Role Playing

I don't understand this. Obviously it appeals to some people. I have tried it a few times and failed yet again. It just doesn't seem to appeal to me. Yes I talk dirty to some people but... There is more of a background there. Before we start talking dirty, we have an actual conversation, sometimes with dirty bits in there but the difference is... We are always ourselves, unless perhaps we stray down some other path in a joking manner.

So... How does one successfully do this? And what is appealing about it?

Thanks!

For me, it's about accentuating some aspect of my personality, or exploring in completeness some fantasy. When I write in my role-playing threads, I try to immerse myself in the world we have created, then react how I would react if in that situation were I confronted with it in real life. It's a sort of reflection and self-examination.

I think EmpressJosephine described it well.

Roleplaying, whether it's IRL or online, requires a couple of things - it requires imagination, a willingness to allow the scenario to engulf you, and some facility with words or improvisational acting.

I've also found the best scenarios, either online or in person, are where one partner has a particular scenario that arouses them and is often part of their sexual fantasy life, then the other partner can play into that scenario. If they share a scenario as sexual fantasy, then it works even better.

They can be simple or they can be elaborate, I've done both. Frankly the elaborate scenarios are harder to pull off because, just like in improvisational acting, the more complexities that are involved the harder it is to get into synch.

But what I have found is that people who "get" roleplaying and are into it, tend to be willing to experiment. Sometimes one partner, who may not be into a particular scenario, doesn't get as much out of it. A good partner accepts that and plays out the scenario for the sexual pleasure of their partner in sort of a tit-for-tat ongoing relationship.

The more of the partners real world personalities (wants and desires) get folded into the scenario the better the scenario tends to be. If a person doesn't get roleplaying and it does nothing for them sexually, then that's fine - it's just another of the many variations on sexuality that humans are wonderfully capable of.

(I will differ a bit - I think the "imaginary voyeur" is the tip of the iceberg of roleplaying, all that it would take to bring it across the line to actual roleplaying is to bring it into the sexual act, with one of the participants or both commenting about being watched while you were having sex.)

After reading a bit in your Online Jack and Jill Party, the feeling is overwhelming that you not not have a talent for suggestive writing but that your talent could be used in role playing with telling and devastating effect on one's libido!!!

The way that was worded left me totally wondering what you mean. But it doesn't sound good. :confused: Can I get an interpreter?

For me, it's about accentuating some aspect of my personality, or exploring in completeness some fantasy. When I write in my role-playing threads, I try to immerse myself in the world we have created, then react how I would react if in that situation were I confronted with it in real life. It's a sort of reflection and self-examination.

I see. I guess my problem is that I never know how I might react until something actually happened. For instance, if I thought some guy that I didn't really know was going to tie me to my bed, I would probably think I would start screaming and ask me to leave!

And yet? It happened and I let it happen.

I think EmpressJosephine described it well.

Roleplaying, whether it's IRL or online, requires a couple of things - it requires imagination, a willingness to allow the scenario to engulf you, and some facility with words or improvisational acting.

I've also found the best scenarios, either online or in person, are where one partner has a particular scenario that arouses them and is often part of their sexual fantasy life, then the other partner can play into that scenario. If they share a scenario as sexual fantasy, then it works even better.

They can be simple or they can be elaborate, I've done both. Frankly the elaborate scenarios are harder to pull off because, just like in improvisational acting, the more complexities that are involved the harder it is to get into synch.

But what I have found is that people who "get" roleplaying and are into it, tend to be willing to experiment. Sometimes one partner, who may not be into a particular scenario, doesn't get as much out of it. A good partner accepts that and plays out the scenario for the sexual pleasure of their partner in sort of a tit-for-tat ongoing relationship.

The more of the partners real world personalities (wants and desires) get folded into the scenario the better the scenario tends to be. If a person doesn't get roleplaying and it does nothing for them sexually, then that's fine - it's just another of the many variations on sexuality that humans are wonderfully capable of.

(I will differ a bit - I think the "imaginary voyeur" is the tip of the iceberg of roleplaying, all that it would take to bring it across the line to actual roleplaying is to bring it into the sexual act, with one of the participants or both commenting about being watched while you were having sex.)

Hmmm... Okay. I have done acting and I'm super good with improv stuff but it's more like that show "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" I tend to go for comedy type stuff. For me, it just doesn't seem to carry over sexually. Actually, anyone who has ever had sex with me IRL will know that I sometimes do bring comedy into to the bedroom. Sex and laughter are two important things for me. This doesn't always go over so well though. Some people are super serious about sex.

I guess I just have a hard time pretending to be someone else sexually or doing things that disgust me or turn me off. Seems like too much work and not enough fun. Or... Maybe I'm just a stick in the mud!:D

I see. I guess my problem is that I never know how I might react until something actually happened. For instance, if I thought some guy that I didn't really know was going to tie me to my bed, I would probably think I would start screaming and ask me to leave!

And yet? It happened and I let it happen.

It's an exercise in imagination.

You have to 'get into character,' then imagine yourself in the situation.

Mmmm... How about...

((((((((Hug))))))))

Oooooooooooh....Ahhhhhhhhhhh...yes, baby!|:kiss:
WHEW!! Hope it was as good for you as it was for me.
That was impressive. "Course, I'm just a country rube trying to make his way in the big city. :)

Ah... So you wanna make it in the hay loft?
A hayloft might work--unless there are nettles and thistles in the hay. We didn't get this far up the food chain to be uncomfortable during "activities". 'Course, "Any port in a storm" or "One does what one needs to do".

A hayloft might work--unless there are nettles and thistles in the hay. We didn't get this far up the food chain to be uncomfortable during "activities". 'Course, "Any port in a storm" or "One does what one needs to do".

I'm from KS. I know thistles well. Pretty but ouchie. Not into nettle stuff either.

I'm from KS. I know thistles well. Pretty but ouchie. Not into nettle stuff either.
From Kansas? I won't hold that against you. :)
Let's see, we don't want nettles, thistles, rug burns, no sharp non-human objects poking either one. Leaves plenty of options such as featherbeds, mattresses, couches depending on the the cover and so on. More than likely, it is not a question of the surface on which the deed is to be done as much as other more pertinent parts of the do-si-do and it's aftermath. Just sayin. :)

From Kansas? I won't hold that against you. :)
Let's see, we don't want nettles, thistles, rug burns, no sharp non-human objects poking either one. Leaves plenty of options such as featherbeds, mattresses, couches depending on the the cover and so on. More than likely, it is not a question of the surface on which the deed is to be done as much as other more pertinent parts of the do-si-do and it's aftermath. Just sayin. :)

I allergic to feathers though. :D

Role playing has intrigued me for quite some time, and I've attempted it a couple of times as well. My problem seems to be my writing skills, or lack of. It takes me so long to write a response that I think will work to the point where the person I'm role playing with gets impatient with me, which is probably expected. Plus what I've written a lot of times falls under heavy criticism. The last guy I tried role playing with ridiculed each of my responses to the point where I just started crying and then just gave up. I haven't tried again, and would have to have a great incentive to even attempt role playing again.

I think I'm probably better suited as an observer of others playing. Maybe it's not as fun, but that's better than antagonizing someone.

Back