Reading vs Writing on Lit?

Altissimus

Irreverently Piquant
I suspect no one here has written more stories than they've read on Lit, but time spent - that's another question.

Do you think you've spent more time reading or more time writing?

If you mean time on Lit, I'm 80% writing, only occasionally reading here. Too much time in the AH, but it passes the time.

If you mean in general, probably 40% of my relaxation time is reading, 30% listening to music, 30% writing.

Over the years, I've become much more discriminating in my reading choices, and more adventurous in my writing. This has resulted in me reading far less and writing far more, especially here on Literotica.

I suspect no one here has written more stories than they've read on Lit, but time spent - that's another question.

I read and comment on probably 10-15 stories a day, but struggle with finishing stories I have started. I currently have 10-12 partially finished stories, and actually spent an hour on one of them last night

I couldn't tell you how much I've read my tenure here, but I have 35 stories here counting the chaptered stuff that was posted seperate, and 9 poems. I'm fairly sure I have not read more than 35 stories, or barely more than that. I don't read much on here. I've spent more time on the boards, than writing and reading, even with dissapearing for months at a time. Last thing I submitted was in nov22, last time I read a story was back between feb and march; a few bbw stories, last time I was in the boards was march... when Ogg was still alive.

I'm kinda surprised I submitted anything the last three years, since I just haven't had it in me, so I took a hiatus, started writing fanfiction and some original fiction. This site was my only outlet for years, for writing and I needed to do something different and get away. Even though some of my current stuff has sex scenes in it, I just can't think of anything to put here. Eventually I'll have more for this place and finish some things that need to be finished. I'm also trying to work out some pen names as I get stuff in order, there might be a point where I might not want this name associated with the erotica and smut here. I'm probably the only "regular" without an alt, and I might be falling from grace if I need to make one.

I go through spurts with both; if I'm inspired to write, obviously I'm spending more time writing.

Between writing, I have tried to focus more time on reading.

There are so many good writers here and I'm trying to get to something from everyone, although of course that's difficult to say the least.

Since I started writing in 2016, I have spent far more time writing than reading. But I spent about 14 years reading and not writing before that, so overall I'd say I've spent a lot more time reading than writing at Literotica. When it comes to reading I probably average a few stories a week, but I prefer shorter stories so it doesn't take that long to read them.

Like everyone else I have my moments of both. I peruse the categories I take an interest in and bookmark stories that seem like they'll be fun reads for later. I really like to engage with new authors, they seem most in need of a little positive support from a seasoned writer, and they typically are so appreciative of constructive criticism and genuine feedback.

Otherwise, I'll check out a fellow author's catalogue based on how interesting they seem to me and there are several among the AH who've gained my readership this way.

I find I read a lot more often when I'm taking a break from writing, either just resetting or if I'm suffering a bit of writers block. I might as well put that time to good use, hm? I'd say by comparison though I write far more than I read, because I've been doing it for well over a decade, easing up on two now.

Putting all of my Lit. accounts together, I've had some 1,600 stories posted to Lit. I'd read maybe two dozen stories here all told.

I spent a solid decade voraciously reading stories on the site, long before I ever made a Lit account and began writing. Since then, I have spent 20-30 hours writing each week, and very little time reading. If I continue writing for another five years, I figure the time spent will be roughly equal.

I used to read on here a ton, but I find the time I used to spend reading I now spend writing. It's a shame actually, because I am missing out on good stuff I think.

I've definitely read more stories than I've written, but since writing a story takes a lot longer than reading one, I'm unsure as to which activity I've spent the most time on 🤔

Definitely more time writing. I'm a relatively slow writer and a relatively fast reader. I don't think this accounts for the entire reason, though. I find most material on this site really unappealing, to be honest. That's part of my motivation to produce my own work.

Written more than I've read. If I read anything here its either by request of a friend here, or a title I stumbled on that really grabbed me.

I read a lot before I started writing here.
So even though I'm writing now, I probably have a smidge of catching up to do. LOL.

I no longer read much in Literotica. I have some 470 published for pay books in Amazon, Lighthouse, or Smashwords

Way more time reading than writing. I have been a reader since 1998 I think and a writer off and on since 2006.

Back