Stolen
Dime Store Magic
Industrial Magic
Haunted
Broken (newest)

Cathy Clamp & C.J. Adams series:

Hunter's Moon
Moon's Web
Captive Moon (newest - not released yet)

same authors, different storyline/series first book: Touch of Evil

Carrie Vaughn (first book in a series)

Kitty and the Midnight Hour
Kitty Goes to Washington (newest - not released yet)

Lori Handeland (a little less sophisticated)

Blue Moon
Hunter's Moon
Dark Moon
Crescent Moon
Midnight Moon (not released yet)

Emma Holly her shapeshifter series is okay, but not great

Catching Midnight
Hunting Midnight
Courting Midnight
Midnight Desire (not released yet)

separate series: first book is better than any of the shapeshifter series

The Demon's Daughter
Prince of Ice: A Tale of the Demon World (not released yet)

And if you want Vampires:

Susan Squires

Sacrament **technically the first book but I think The Companion should be first
The Companion
The Hunger
The Burning (newest, out now)

Susan Sizemore (these are a little less sophsiticated than the others)

I Burn for You
I Thirst for You
I Hunger for You (sensing a theme?)
Master of Darkness

There's also the Sherrilyn Kenyon darkhunter series but I think you mentioned having read those or maybe I'm mistaken.

And I think that taps my knowledge for the moment. ;->

-B

Wow! Great! Thanks so much!!!

I've put these on my list of books to check out!

This was just recommended to me the other day, The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. I'm told the first book is Storm Front.

I don't believe I have read the Sherrilyn Kenyon, Darkhunter series at all.

Some I have REALLY liked are:

P.N. Elrod, the “In the blood” series

Charlaine Harris Book Series : Sookie Stackhouse, the first one is titled, Dead Until Dark

Mercedes Lackey, Burning Water and other “Diana Tregarde” books

Paul F. Wilson, The Keep, The Fifth Harmonic, Midnight Mass, Sims and his Medical thrillers also are good.

Fury :rose:

FurryFury said:
Wow! Great! Thanks so much!!!

I've put these on my list of books to check out!

This was just recommended to me the other day, The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. I'm told the first book is Storm Front.

I don't believe I have read the Sherrilyn Kenyon, Darkhunter series at all.

Some I have REALLY liked are:

P.N. Elrod, the “In the blood” series

Charlaine Harris Book Series : Sookie Stackhouse, the first one is titled, Dead Until Dark

Mercedes Lackey, Burning Water and other “Diana Tregarde” books

Paul F. Wilson, The Keep, The Fifth Harmonic, Midnight Mass, Sims and his Medical thrillers also are good.

I keep meaning to check out the Charlaine Harris series also Mary Janice Davidson.

Sherilynn Kenyon's series is somewhat erratic, but mostly solid --- she kicks ass over most of her compatriots --- Angela Knight, Christine Feehan, Maggie Shayne (none of whom I will read anymore) There are quite a few books in the Darkhunter series so if you like her she can keep you busy for a couple weeks at least. ;->

bridgeburner said:
Okay, the Kelly Armstrong series goes as follows:

Bitten
Stolen
Dime Store Magic
Industrial Magic
Haunted
Broken (newest)

Cathy Clamp & C.J. Adams series:

Hunter's Moon
Moon's Web
Captive Moon (newest - not released yet)

same authors, different storyline/series first book: Touch of Evil

Carrie Vaughn (first book in a series)

Kitty and the Midnight Hour
Kitty Goes to Washington (newest - not released yet)

Lori Handeland (a little less sophisticated)

Blue Moon
Hunter's Moon
Dark Moon
Crescent Moon
Midnight Moon (not released yet)

Emma Holly her shapeshifter series is okay, but not great

Catching Midnight
Hunting Midnight
Courting Midnight
Midnight Desire (not released yet)

separate series: first book is better than any of the shapeshifter series

The Demon's Daughter
Prince of Ice: A Tale of the Demon World (not released yet)

And if you want Vampires:

Susan Squires

Sacrament **technically the first book but I think The Companion should be first
The Companion
The Hunger
The Burning (newest, out now)

Susan Sizemore (these are a little less sophsiticated than the others)

I Burn for You
I Thirst for You
I Hunger for You (sensing a theme?)
Master of Darkness

There's also the Sherrilyn Kenyon darkhunter series but I think you mentioned having read those or maybe I'm mistaken.

And I think that taps my knowledge for the moment. ;->

-B

Excellent list B

bridgeburner said:
I keep meaning to check out the Charlaine Harris series also Mary Janice Davidson.

Sherilynn Kenyon's series is somewhat erratic, but mostly solid --- she kicks ass over most of her compatriots --- Angela Knight, Christine Feehan, Maggie Shayne (none of whom I will read anymore) There are quite a few books in the Darkhunter series so if you like her she can keep you busy for a couple weeks at least. ;->

Mary Janice Davidson's vamp books took me a while to get into but now I love them to!

I'm so excited at all these wonderful reads spread before me, just waiting! *sighs happily*

FurryFury said:
Mary Janice Davidson's vamp books took me a while to get into but now I love them to!

I'm so excited at all these wonderful reads spread before me, just waiting! *sighs happily*

MJD's books are on the humorous side, correct? I didn't used to be much for humor but I've become a big fan of Jennifer Crusie and Janet Evanovich. (neither of them writes paranormals)

bridgeburner said:
MJD's books are on the humorous side, correct? I didn't used to be much for humor but I've become a big fan of Jennifer Crusie and Janet Evanovich. (neither of them writes paranormals)

Yes, they are humorous!

I LOVE Janet Evanovich's series with the bounty hunter Stephanie Plum!

I have enjoyed Jennifer Crusie too but she tends to be more romancy than I prefer overall. I do like her books anyway.

I finished S is for Silence by Sue Grafton last night. I hated to finish it but happily I'm on to another book now. Light from Heaven by Jan Karon.

Okay, this will be my last post tonight. I am displeased that upon reading part of such a lovely book last night, I proceeded to have nightmares about my ex. What in the hell? When will that finally end.

Tonight I will read about vampires and see what happens in If Angels Burn by Lynn Viehl.

Nighty night and good morning to all.

Fury :rose: :kiss:

Last edited:
FurryFury said:
Okay, this will be my last post tonight. I am displeased that upon reading part of such a lovely book last night, I proceeded to have nightmares about my ex. What in the hell? When will that finally end.

Tonight I will read about vampires and see what happens in If Angles Burn by Lynn Viehl.

Nighty night and good morning to all.

Fury :rose: :kiss:

Hopefully you had dreams about your ex being done by vampires under your direction. :p :rose:

raven2 said:
Hopefully you had dreams about your ex being done by vampires under your direction. :p :rose:

Nope and that would be too nice a way to do him in IMO.

I can't remember what I dreamed now but I know it was BETTER than the night before.

Well I finished Light From Heaven by Jan Karon last night. It was good. I liked this quote from it.

"Love is endless forgiveness."

I picked up Daughter of the Blood today, our May BDSM book club selection. I'm reading something else right now. I have to decide if I finish this book and begin daughter or not.

Hmm . . .

Well well, how I seemed to have missed this thread I'll never know! I didnt read the entire thing, but skimmed thru the last few pages. Fury you must at least try Sherrilyn Kenyon! Im a tad stuck on her right now, reading whatever I can get my hands on. Ive never been much of a sappy romance reader, but her books are soooo not sappy. The Dark Hunter series is which Im referring to, I havent read any of her others. The story lines are good, and each book, while you can read alone if you wish, makes reference to previous. The overall story arc is good. I can give you a reading order if you want. Christine Feehan is good, but slightly milder than SK. And of course LK Hamilton rocks. I started in the middle of her Anita Blake series and quickly was hooked and read thru em all. Ive read on message boards and such that shes veered from 'storyline' and is all about sex sex sex, but hey thats what I was looking for anyway. And her Merry Gentry series is good also.

Now for BDSM related, the most recent I read was Master/slave a short story compilation. The book is spilt in half D/s. I dont know if your into ss but I love em! I highly reccomend this book. Heres a link book I dont really buy too much in the BDSM category because I dont really like the stereotypical writings. But I love a good hot steamy sex book. I dont want romance, I want smut! :p Im also into horror, and horror/erotica, suspense, etc. Let me know if you want any rec. Ive got a library full.

~Blacklace~ said:
Well well, how I seemed to have missed this thread I'll never know! I didnt read the entire thing, but skimmed thru the last few pages. Fury you must at least try Sherrilyn Kenyon! Im a tad stuck on her right now, reading whatever I can get my hands on. Ive never been much of a sappy romance reader, but her books are soooo not sappy. The Dark Hunter series is which Im referring to, I havent read any of her others. The story lines are good, and each book, while you can read alone if you wish, makes reference to previous. The overall story arc is good. I can give you a reading order if you want. Christine Feehan is good, but slightly milder than SK. And of course LK Hamilton rocks. I started in the middle of her Anita Blake series and quickly was hooked and read thru em all. Ive read on message boards and such that shes veered from 'storyline' and is all about sex sex sex, but hey thats what I was looking for anyway. And her Merry Gentry series is good also.

Now for BDSM related, the most recent I read was Master/slave a short story compilation. The book is spilt in half D/s. I dont know if your into ss but I love em! I highly reccomend this book. Heres a link book I dont really buy too much in the BDSM category because I dont really like the stereotypical writings. But I love a good hot steamy sex book. I dont want romance, I want smut! :p Im also into horror, and horror/erotica, suspense, etc. Let me know if you want any rec. Ive got a library full.

I'm glad you've found the thread now!

I'm always looking for good juicy books and authors!

Although right now I have quite a few books waiting for me to love them right now. Here is the most frustrating thing, I can't figure out WHERE the book I'm reading right now is!

*screams*

Well I just finished the my favorite required Mistress' reading so I am in need of something. Not real sure what I am looking for though but I am a bit burnt out on magic and courtly intrigue.

He he! I'm meeting up with some gf's at a book store soon for a girls night out! Whoo hoo!

I have started reading the JD Robb series murder stories are not usualy my thing but i couldnt put the first one down, luckily a friend has the whole series. I liked Janet Evanovich's series with the bounty hunter Stephanie Plum! and I also find Jennifer Crusie a little romancy but light fun and reading.

I'm going to try and read Emma Holly's Personal Assets. I would get more books on hold but our library system lets you reserve but 4 items total so I have to wait until some stuff gets in before I can try and wait for another book.

i dind't read along, but i have read the kushiel books. I loved them so much i got a tattoo with the design phedre has.
Has everyone had a fun time drawing parallells between european history and culture around the time of the renissance to the book?
did we just read dart? or was chosen, and avatar also part of the read?

ammre said:
i dind't read along, but i have read the kushiel books. I loved them so much i got a tattoo with the design phedre has.
Has everyone had a fun time drawing parallells between european history and culture around the time of the renissance to the book?

https://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=420513 That is where the thread is Ammre, and we just read Dart. This month its the first book of the Black Jewel Triology.

Night Pleasures what a great book it was. Great action, decent sex, and alot of humor hell she even pokes fun at herself when she mentions her writing alias. So thanks guys for turning me on to her.

Masters_T said:
I have started reading the JD Robb series murder stories are not usualy my thing but i couldnt put the first one down, luckily a friend has the whole series. I liked Janet Evanovich's series with the bounty hunter Stephanie Plum! and I also find Jennifer Crusie a little romancy but light fun and reading.

I don't believe I've read JD Robb but the others are good. How is the Robb?

Stephanie Plum books make me laugh outloud! I adore them and RANGER. *purrs*

leeroy jenkins said:
I'm going to try and read Emma Holly's Personal Assets. I would get more books on hold but our library system lets you reserve but 4 items total so I have to wait until some stuff gets in before I can try and wait for another book.

Yes, my libraries only do 4 at a time also. I often wish for more. Technically I could use my two kids cards and my husbands but I haven't do so yet.

Being a former librarian I understand the need for a limit. The sad thing is at my prior place of employment and department, I can't find anything anymore. The bitch from hell has either thrown out all the books I like or the shelves are simply too disorganized. So I have to reserve things and have them come from other libraries if I want anything that should be there. Incompetence at it's most disorganized and bitchy reigns where once it was a beautiful and well organized department. *sighs*

ammre said:

I did think the European history and new mythos were woven together in an interesting way. Frankly I'm only found of history in a novel or other very creative ways. My husband is quite a history buff. I'd love to see what he thinks of it but he rarely reads books.

Do come and join us for the discussion though! I LOVED this book!

I started Daughter of the Blood last night, btw.

leeroy jenkins said:
Night Pleasures what a great book it was. Great action, decent sex, and alot of humor hell she even pokes fun at herself when she mentions her writing alias. So thanks guys for turning me on to her.

Wow! That is great to hear!

I noticed there are TWO Charlaine Harris books I haven't read while at the book store! Hell ,I saw at least 50 books I'd like to read. *sighs*

Trouble with those book Fury is I read them both last night that is about 600 page, Night Pleasures was large print. I need a book that moves a bit slower but without losing any of my interest and the only book like that comes to mind is maybe It by Stephen King. It's over 1000 pages and while not extremely fast paced it moves along like a bubbling brook. I will have to get my tail in action and hope to pickup the first Dark Hunter series if its at the main library today.

I believe there are a relatively few number of books that could in any way be classified as "BDSM" or "D/s" so after we exhaust those we may need to find some other sources that are free.

FurryFury said:
I believe there are a relatively few number of books that could in any way be classified as "BDSM" or "D/s" so after we exhaust those we may need to find some other sources that are free.

For the book I read yesterday I just use erotic for a search word, I do have a few other books on my list that sound interesting to. Though most of these book are more of a romance and sex style then bdsm I think.

Back