Reading Books For Pleasure

I care! I hate to spend money on myself so nope, it's gotta be at the library until I get my next book store gift certificates.

Fury :rose:

Hisbabydoll26 said:
Thanks I think. I bought Panic Snap....but thought I would cool it on the buying for this second one. I really don't mind either way. I would much rather spend my money on a book than most things. :)

It was more of a question could you get an Anais Nin book called Delta of Venus at your library?? At its height my book collection was near over 400+ I think, the way I feel about books if I spend the money on them and I lend it to a friend or family and they read it then I got my monies worth. Besides with books you can read and reread them, its one of the few vices that you can do that besides something like movies or music.

leeroy jenkins said:
It was more of a question could you get an Anais Nin book called Delta of Venus at your library?? At its height my book collection was near over 400+ I think, the way I feel about books if I spend the money on them and I lend it to a friend or family and they read it then I got my monies worth. Besides with books you can read and reread them, its one of the few vices that you can do that besides something like movies or music.

*bright smile* I looked it up and again....at my branch even...whooohoo. :nana:

Maybe I need to drag you to the library with me to help me find some other good books.

Last edited:
Hisbabydoll26 said:
*bright smile* I looked it up and again....at my branch even...whooohoo. :nana:

Maybe I need to drag you to the library with me to help me find some other good books.

Drag me to bed to get some sleep first 5 am is when I get up to get ready for work, and past 2 nights Burner has kept me up past midnight. As for book, just look around. I know of Anais Nin for 2 reasons, Cape fear and Jewel. In Cape Fear, Robert DeNiro,sp??, talked about a book called the Tropic of Cancer. I did read this like 10 years ago or there about maybe I need to reread it and see if it makes more sense this time through. The other reference to Anais Nin is in Jewel's first music cd. She has a song that goes something like this, Henery Miller and Anais Nin and maybe we will stay together in the end. Then just use the web Anias was bi, she was involved with Henery and June, I think that his wife's name is. And it was Burner that reminded me of Nin so just keep your eyes and ears peeled and who knows what other references to stuff you might see.

I got the book today. It is BIG! Damn! I just finished Saving Fish From Drowning by Amy Tan. Now I'm thinking I'll start our selection since it is so thick!

FurryFury said:
I got the book today. It is BIG! Damn! I just finished Saving Fish From Drowning by Amy Tan. Now I'm thinking I'll start our selection since it is so thick!

Is thick good? :devil: :D :D

I must say though I was shocked at how long and thick this book is, I am quite enjoying it!

How is it going for y'all? Should we make this a two month read since it is over 700 pages?

Let me know.

Last edited:
FurryFury said:
I must say though I was shocked at how long and thick this book is, I am quite enjoying it!

How is it going for y'all? Should be make this a two month read since it is over 700 pages?

Let me know.

Yeah, but you just said you like it long and thick. :devil: :rose:

Haven't had a chance to find it yet.

raven2 said:
Yeah, but you just said you like it long and thick. :devil: :rose:

Haven't had a chance to find it yet.

I like books long and thick, yes and in multiplicities.

Cocks I like thick and I'm pretty sure in multiplicities but long, nope, not so much. (Though I've never actually tried one.)

Now seriously does the length of this book 700 plus pages present a problem for everyone over a month? Let me know y'all!

FurryFury said:
I like books long and thick, yes and in multiplicities.

Cocks I like thick and I'm pretty sure in multiplicities but long, nope, not so much. (Though I've never actually tried one.)

Now seriously does the length of this book 700 plus pages present a problem for everyone over a month? Let me know y'all!

Not for me, but I still have to get it. :D

Right now I am sitting on 900 more pages in between the 2 books I have so should be done next weekend with both.

leeroy jenkins said:
Right now I am sitting on 900 more pages in between the 2 books I have so should be done next weekend with both.

Who is in your av???

Good for you on the reading.

FurryFury said:
Who is in your av???

Good for you on the reading.

That's my bad motherfucker Jules from Pulp Fiction. He is a bit annoyed at the newbie robbery attempt and I am annoyed so...

I will just say this I want to thank All The Powers That Be for good books that can make it possible for rage and pain to be quelled enough for repose.

Fury I hope that last post was not directed to me, I am wondering if anyone is making headway into the dart book though??

leeroy jenkins said:
Fury I hope that last post was not directed to me, I am wondering if anyone is making headway into the dart book though??

No, it had nothing to do with you.

It was all about me and a disastrous night.

I'm three quarters through it and enjoying it very much.

FurryFury said:

The night or the book? ;) :rose:

FurryFury said:

Ok not exactly had the days i wanted to either so I am retreating into a book just it chapeter 29 or 217 in 3 daysof having it, but I have only spent maybe 5 or so hours reading so not to bad.

Well...I'm getting to it....not sure about being able to finish it..but things are looking up as I have Friday off from work so should be able to get in some good reading time. I don't have a problem with taking two months though either.

Hisbabydoll26 said:
Well...I'm getting to it....not sure about being able to finish it..but things are looking up as I have Friday off from work so should be able to get in some good reading time. I don't have a problem with taking two months though either.

I do over half way done I wants to get to the discussion not have to recheck out so I can have a discussion but I will concede if everyone needs more time then I will go along with Miss Fury's order of the day.

leeroy jenkins said:
Ok not exactly had the days i wanted to either so I am retreating into a book just it chapeter 29 or 217 in 3 daysof having it, but I have only spent maybe 5 or so hours reading so not to bad.

Good for you. I do it often and it is a lovely thing.

Hisbabydoll26 said:

Sounds good, just let me know! You and anyone else reading along this month.

WHO IS READING ALONG THIS MONTH?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

So far I have

Hisbabydoll26
Leeroy
Raven
Bridgeburner
and
???

Thanks,

leeroy jenkins said:
I do over half way done I wants to get to the discussion not have to recheck out so I can have a discussion but I will concede if everyone needs more time then I will go along with Miss Fury's order of the day.

What is this? An attack of some sort? *grr*

My friends, I have finished the book! *sobs*

As, always I want more. Of THIS book in particular!

Now what will I do??

Ah! The NEXT book of course!

*sighs happily*

FurryFury said:
What is this? An attack of some sort? *grr*

No Fury its simple means I don't want to drag ass on this book for 2 months if you did not finish in the 30 or so days then just take a few into next month to try and finish.

Btw I am just shy of 400 atm so I should have it done by thrusday depending on how much I read.

Last edited:
leeroy jenkins said:
No Fury its simple means I don't want to drag ass on this book for 2 months if you did not finish in the 30 or so days then just take a few into next month to try and finish.

Btw I am just shy of 400 atm so I should have it done by thrusday depending on how much I read.

It is nice that you have enough time to read so much, but some of us have other things to do and not so much time. So please be patient. :)

Back