Reading Books For Pleasure

FurryFury said:
Nope and I think it will take awhile to do so.

Husband has been cussing.

*sighs*

Fury :rose:

Thats bad, you could try my method of fixing something, under the truck tires before you back up, or a toss against a hard brick wall.

Last night due in part to computer issues, I read The Theory of Everything by Lisa Grunwald. I didn't find it very pleasurable.

Before that I finished Sisters of the Night book two, The Soul Of An Angel by Chelsea Quinnn Yarbro.

KC HELP! Is there a third book out in this series?

If not I'm going to read the St. Germain series of her's soon.

Notice: please check post 179 and give me your opinion on what our next title should be if you haven't done so already. I will announce our next selection on Friday!

I have heard from three people already but I love input. *grins impishly*

Thanks,

Last edited:
Okay I'm not quoting posts back to anyone but I'll put names to repsponses, if I miss anyone please remind me. I'm not snubbing anyone I'm just being lazy and not clicking back and forth.

Fury (and any) re: E-BOOKS -

You can read them on your computer, sure, or you can read them on any number of hand-held devices including ebook-readers which are kind of paperback sized. I have one and love it. It cost about $120 which seems like a lot until you take into account that there are thousands of books available for free. Tens of thousands. New books, old books, kinky books, religious books, scary books. Books of every genre and for every kind of reader. If you want to know more about it, PM me. (this is not a sales pitch for any kind of merchandise or club or anything, promise)

Leeroy -

Emma Holly has lots of titles and about half of them are dedicatedly erotic and the other half of them are romantic with lots of sex. If you want to know more about her and which books I think are among her better ones feel free to PM me. I'm also happy to steer you toward other romantica authors that have strong BDSM themes from the Black Lace line if you like.

brioche -

Don't sweat it yet. I'm not finished either. I probably won't be done until the 1st of April deadline. I'm trying but I've been really busy and finally had to break down and do a little house cleaning as well. Sheesh. Real life. ;->

FurryFury said:
Last night due in part to computer issues, I read The Theory of Everything by Lisa Grunwald. I didn't find it very pleasurable.

Before that I finished Sisters of the Night book two, The Soul Of An Angel by Chelsea Quinnn Yarbro.

KC HELP! Is there a third book out in this series?

If not I'm going to read the St. Germain series of her's soon.

yes. it is hard to find for some reason

uhmmm i just did a little research on that third book furry one...and it is not in print. looks like a problem between the author and the publisher. It is called angel of death

Kajira Callista said:
uhmmm i just did a little research on that third book furry one...and it is not in print. looks like a problem between the author and the publisher. It is called angel of death

Thanks for your work. *cries* I want book!

*pouts*

Fury

!,4 or one of the Emme books as the library has more then a few of them. Topping from below sounds good but not sure the library has that one got it reserved though if it comes in.

leeroy jenkins said:
!,4 or one of the Emme books as the library has more then a few of them. Topping from below sounds good but not sure the library has that one got it reserved though if it comes in.

Noted, anyone else want to tell me what they think?

I got Hotel Transylvania yesterday by Yarbro which I will read after I finish the Amy Tan I am reading now. Then I will start on our selection for April whatever that may be.

I also have Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman waiting for be looked at and a biography of King Jordan's (I think it is, the former American,) Queen Noor.

I LOVE books!!!

Just for the record I have finished Panic Snap so I'm ready whenever everyone else is. Did I mention that my library also had Topping from Below? I picked it up to read even if that doesn't end up as our choice for April.

What else has everyone been reading lately?

-B

Cool that you finished! There are still some who haven't though. Saturday, April 1, I will put up the book discussion thread for the BDSM book club.

Tomorrow, March 31, I will announce our next selection. If anyone has any further ideas, suggestions or favs speak now or forever hold your thoughts, (well, not really forever, just until the end of April when we will pick the next book!)

I am reading Saving Fish From Drowning by Amy Tan right now.

Last edited:
FurryFury said:
Cool that you finished! There are still some who haven't though. Saturday, April 1, I will put up the book discussion thread for the BDSM book club.

Tomorrow, March 31, I will announce our next selection. If anyone has any further ideas, suggestions or favs speaking now or forever hold your thoughts, (well, not really forever, just until the end of April when we will pick the next book!)

I am reading Saving Fish From Drowning by Amy Tan right now.

*Jumps up and down*

Goody we get to read another naughty book together. :devil:

The selection for the month of April is:

Kushiel's Dart (Kushiel's Legacy) (Paperback) by Jacqueline Carey

FurryFury said:

Ooh, good choice. I'll have to re-read this one since I don't remember it well enough to discuss it much. I know there are two more books out in the series now (could just be a trilogy, I don't know) so that's a good thing. And they're good, long books as well.

I fully admit to being a size queen when it comes to books.

-B

bridgeburner said:
Ooh, good choice. I'll have to re-read this one since I don't remember it well enough to discuss it much. I know there are two more books out in the series now (could just be a trilogy, I don't know) so that's a good thing. And they're good, long books as well.

I fully admit to being a size queen when it comes to books.

-B

*smiles*

I'm glad you are pleased. I too am a size queen when it comes to books! *L*

FurryFury said:

*doing a little dance* Not only was this book in my county library..but at the branch that is near my home. WOW! :nana: Yipeeeeeeeeee

Hisbabydoll26 said:
*doing a little dance* Not only was this book in my county library..but at the branch that is near my home. WOW! :nana: Yipeeeeeeeeee

*GRINS*

I'm glad!

I am calling for a strike so lets all leave the thread... if no one is here then no books will be read and we will show them. :devil:

I talked to BridgeBurner a bit last night and got suggested to read Anais Nin books, so anyone want to try on of hers maybe next month?? I know I live in Phoenix and its the big city but I would hope that even Hisbabydoll would be able to get this older books from hers.

FurryFury said:
*raises brows*

"We'll show them?"

*stares*

Damn it to hell my evil twin just posted that, so you will have to forgive him I am sure he was thinking of something he saw when he posted to you. :rose:

FurryFury said:
*raises brows*

"We'll show them?"

*stares*

The book sounds good, Fury. But what is this strike by Leeroy?

raven2 said:
The book sounds good, Fury. But what is this strike by Leeroy?

*Deep breath everyone*

I was joking because our Fury leader did not pick a Emma book for us to read, so I will have to try and read both Nin's Delta of Venus book and ours assigned reading too.

leeroy jenkins said:
I am calling for a strike so lets all leave the thread... if no one is here then no books will be read and we will show them. :devil:

I talked to BridgeBurner a bit last night and got suggested to read Anais Nin books, so anyone want to try on of hers maybe next month?? I know I live in Phoenix and its the big city but I would hope that even Hisbabydoll would be able to get this older books from hers.

Thanks I think. I bought Panic Snap....but thought I would cool it on the buying for this second one. I really don't mind either way. I would much rather spend my money on a book than most things. :)

Back