Pilfering, Plundering, Plagarism, and Cliche

did you sue yourself for damages?
mic.. mou..!
Dis... will

lol trust you to think of that :)

This is the chief reason I have all my work under the same name. I have friends who create a different user name for every site they join. There is always some prick in the crowd who has to google the first line of every poem.

I didn't have much choice I was married to someone else when I wrote the original article and had no wish to retain his name. It was their loss I wrote great quizzes, they were always rated highly. I shall have to go back and see if people are still doing them :)

Last edited:
Google results
Information
No results found for "scimitar of pearl".

About 580,000 results scimitar of pearl (without quotes):
means combination of Scimitar and Pearl

Last Call
Longfellow readers, anything he write with Scimitar and Pearl in it? Saladin with a pearl handled scimitar in his translation of the Divine Comedy? Not quite the same thing. C'mon Anon put a face to it.

I probably wrote an original phrase and put it in an unusual context.

Here is the double kicker, how many "H's" does literotica have that are nothing more than trite strings of cliches, and but you are so careful to remove mine.

And a prediction the phrase will show up later in some one else's work, and there is nothing I can do about it, it is a phrase, suppose it becomes a "popular phrase" and 300 years from now 12022 will be railing at it as the use of a cliche, and your anon bastard offspring will be running around, posting shit anonymously. Ah the great circle jerk of life.
Perhaps, I'm wrong, maybe that hair up your ass will grow thick and strong and choke off the blood supply to your prostrate brain, and you will die a horrible death before you beget any anon bastard offspring.
Better still, right before the hair reaches that critical point, the heaven's open up and an angelic doctor smites the malignant anal hair (which should be all over your face by now) with a scimitar of pearl. Stranger things have started religions. Now what are you going to call it?

scimitar of pearl: sounds like a new high-hat for a drum set. Why do you let people upset you so much?......rule 8 of the rules of thumb.

scimitar of pearl: sounds like a new high-hat for a drum set. Why do you let people upset you so much?......rule 8 of the rules of thumb.
you have 8 thumbs?
upset? I just created a genesis story for a new religion, I heard Tom Cruise might be shopping around...

moby dick wasn't in the first post
you are leading where with this?
My guess, both you and Demure probably are better read in Literature
than I, that is not my forte.

Having said that and since you showed, perhaps you can explain to me just what the anon was referring to. Here it is again:

is it supposed to be

leaves of grass, at least you rip off the masters
and azurite is a mineral not a colour!
scimitar and pearl is ripped from Longfellow
far from home and cold is a rephrase of Gollum's poem from Lord of the Rings

so bombs away, bflagsst

Whitman, I don't recollect reading much of Leaves of Grass (maybe I was stoned)
and if it was I deserve a triple A for condensation

Longfellow bothers me, but I doubt it.

and I'm not going to go look for LOR, just to see if Gollum said the same phrases, they are common usage, you made that point in your comment.

And since you asked:
the problem I have with Demure is the same problem I have with you, world of talent, but L-I-T-E on the comments.

Now if you or anybody else is wondering, why that did so well, a simple trick, very high degree of repetitions with shifts, i.e. for the most part what is in the tool box.
Which I probably stole from Shakespeare.

If anybody is interested, I'll be happy to parse this,which would be easier since I know what I did.

in a week when the contest is over

So did Demure critique you or did you critique Demure because some anon critiqued you? I'm curious about the sequence of events.

Your poem with 'azurite' sounds nothing like Tolkien(every Tolkien poem is based on the idea that someone is far from home and cold). Is anon saying 'scimitar' and 'pearl' appear somewhere in the works of Longfellow? Longfellow wrote the first standard translation of The Inferno, it's still fucking brilliant. Whitman wrote so much it's hard not to have something resemble somewhere.

Per usual, anon is a poorly read 'tard, why would anon bother you when all you care about is that someone read and commented on your poem?

So did Demure critique you or did you critique Demure because some anon critiqued you? I'm curious about the sequence of events.

Your poem with 'azurite' sounds nothing like Tolkien(every Tolkien poem is based on the idea that someone is far from home and cold). Is anon saying 'scimitar' and 'pearl' appear somewhere in the works of Longfellow? Longfellow wrote the first standard translation of The Inferno, it's still fucking brilliant. Whitman wrote so much it's hard not to have something resemble somewhere.

Per usual, anon is a poorly read 'tard, why would anon bother you when all you care about is that someone read and commented on your poem?
in the case of anon, I seriously was worried in may have been an inadvertent theft (I have done that- I pulled it, myself) and other than the fact that both mine and Des's H's are gone, when lesser garbage is untouched, anon would be nothing but amusement for me.
However, you brought up demure and did a bit of word twisting, you left the walk away renee post and since the ozone levels are so high, and since you made an issue of MY comments in the past, (i.e. a pun on one of your alts) I thought I would take the time to do a little wrist smacking about the lack of much substantial from either you or her, I wouldn't feel too persecuted, I tend to do a lot with a lot of people.
This particular poem was too close to a walk though for me (although very tightly organized) to care about too much , (which would be another beef I have with demure, the fact that she does do walkthoughs) but others have been hit (something like 6 or 7) since that little jihad a couple of years ago.

in the case of anon, I seriously was worried in may have been an inadvertent theft (I have done that- I pulled it, myself) and other than the fact that both mine and Des's H's are gone, when lesser garbage is untouched, anon would be nothing but amusement for me.
However, you brought up demure and did a bit of word twisting, you left the walk away renee post and since the ozone levels are so high, and since you made an issue of MY comments in the past, (i.e. a pun on one of your alts) I thought I would take the time to do a little wrist smacking about the lack of much substantial from either you or her, I wouldn't feel too persecuted, I tend to do a lot with a lot of people.
This particular poem was too close to a walk though for me (although very tightly organized) to care about too much , (which would be another beef I have with demure, the fact that she does do walkthoughs) but others have been hit (something like 6 or 7) since that little jihad a couple of years ago.

That poem I left the Left Banke lyrics on was pedestrian, but more importantly, it reminded me of the song Walk Away Renee, which is a great song. I'm sure that Renee poem could have been a solid song too, but it's too similar to Walk Away Renee for me to not comment on the similarity. I'm not saying the author has ever heard the song, I'm just saying it reminded me of it immediately and that's all I thought about when reading the lyrical poem with my lyre.

That poem I left the Left Banke lyrics on was pedestrian, but more importantly, it reminded me of the song Walk Away Renee, which is a great song. I'm sure that Renee poem could have been a solid song too, but it's too similar to Walk Away Renee for me to not comment on the similarity. I'm not saying the author has ever heard the song, I'm just saying it reminded me of it immediately and that's all I thought about when reading the lyrical poem with my lyre.

I understand, that is dangerous territory i often step into. And to be honest, I'm not sure that poem wasn't a joke, an old one (who's on first), but it amused me. But reminding one is a couple of shades away from similarity.

As far as the anon comment went, that bothered me. Now, I've forgotten more than most people know, no big deal, I don't need that info, but I have suffered some memory loss (and other functions), I remember reading the Divine Comedy, I remember reading Longfellow, I don't remember whether I read his translation, that is gone, I feel like I should have retained it.

Back