People have weird morals

lovecraft68

Bad Doggie
Just received this comment on a brother sister story which opens with the sister coming home from a party with her friends. They had a few drinks and they're passing around a bowl. Why did I write this? Two reasons, one I wanted the sister to be not quite thinking straight to add a little how can this happen for later in the story and two, this is what people at that age do(some people at any age still do) go out have fun and get a little buzz going.

This is the comment

Anonymous2 minutes ago
I liked the bro-sis story. I DID NOT like to girls IN A CAR smoking bowls of some shit after having been drinking.

That's irresponsible and dangerous to them and innocents.

Write like you care........

Alright, so most obvious thing here is Banging your brother is not an issue. Sis being stoned/buzzed is....okay then

I have had similar comments over the years, but what made this one different is the "Write like you care"

Again...It's okay to promote fictional incest, nothing wrong with that, but don't promote equally fictional partying.

These comments-or those along the same lines-show up a lot in taboo and I've seen them in NC where someone being sexually assaulted isn't an issue, but some random detail is.

I practice an honor among thieves type of mentality, if you're going to indulge in what most see as an extreme kink, then you really don't have much to say about other 'sins' within the story.

Erotica readers, who you would think would be very open and loose in things are an oddly preachy lot sometimes, even within the category they're choosing to read in. I think LW might be the biggest culprit with all the anger over make believe people cheating, but it seems like it shows up everywhere.

I usually find ways to make sense of most of them, even if they aren't my personal morals.

IN A CAR...irresponsible and dangerous to them and innocents.

In this case, I'm guessing this commenter doesn't like DUIs and indeed your story shows the driver smoking and all of them talking about how they just came from a party with alcohol and marijuana.

I could easily imagine an "anything is okay with consent" sort of morality where this person is fine with your sibcest but not okay with Brenda driving impaired on a public road where bystanders are counting on her to keep her two-ton vehicle under control.

If characters in erotic stories always behaved in a moral and responsible way, 1) the stories would be unrealistic, and 2) the stories would be boring. Stories are interesting precisely because of the bad choices people make.

I see this all the time from readers. Yeah, it's great to see mom and son get it on, but damn it, no self-respecting mom would allow her anus to be touched. What can you do? Not much. Just write with a full awareness and acceptance of the fact that not everyone will appreciate what you do.

If characters in erotic stories always behaved in a moral and responsible way, 1) the stories would be unrealistic, and 2) the stories would be boring. Stories are interesting precisely because of the bad choices people make.

I see this all the time from readers. Yeah, it's great to see mom and son get it on, but damn it, no self-respecting mom would allow her anus to be touched. What can you do? Not much. Just write with a full awareness and acceptance of the fact that not everyone will appreciate what you do.
I get flak from time to time that my mother's talk dirty. Its okay to fuck and suck your son, but don't be crude when you're doing it I guess.

I get flak from time to time that my mother's talk dirty. Its okay to fuck and suck your son, but don't be crude when you're doing it I guess.

It's weird - I guess Anonymous would be put nose-out-of-joint by anything illegal. So, no Crime and Punishment Contest because 'bad behaviour', for example. I wonder if Anonymous translates this viewpoint to anything mainstream...

The Maltese Falcon? Wrong! Bad!
Dog Day Afternoon? Terrible! Moral Turpitude!
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid? How could anyone create such filth?
The Godfather? Puzo just doesn't care....

See, I don't agree with the outrage at all but I get it.

They fetishize their mother as the ultimate accepting woman which places her on a pedestal and anything wobbling that pedestal threatens the whole fantasy.

Even having perfunctory sex with their decades married husband, once the son courtship has even started, causes some to lose their marbles.

You know better than most the whore v. madonna foolishness.

I just got a comment a few minutes ago from a reader of my story "Shaving My Mom."

The title could not make the subject matter more obvious.

I gilded the lily with the tagline: "I saw Mom's big bush and had to do something about it."

No sentient reader can be unaware of what he is about to get into with this story.

Yet, even so, the reader read the story, and STILL complained about Mom getting shaved.

Excerpt (all caps in the original): "(SHAVED PUSSIES ARE for the most part SOME OF THE NASTIEST LOOKING THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. I CAN GOOGLE THE IMAGE OF A PLUCKED CHICKEN IF I WANT TO SEE THAT KIND OF MESS) "

He told me he gave me a 1.

My strangest experience with this was the numerous comments on one of my stories criticizing two of the wives being partners in owning a strip club.
It was actually positioned as an "Adult Entertainment Venue" which the wives operated to teach couples the art of erotic dancing for the delight of their partners. There was no sexual activity associated with their participation other than teasing their husbands with what they learned. Actually pretty tame for an erotic story site.

I guess readers feel that good wives should not do anything worthy of an "R" rating.

My strangest experience with this was the numerous comments on one of my stories criticizing two of the wives being partners in owning a strip club.
It was actually positioned as an "Adult Entertainment Venue" which the wives operated to teach couples the art of erotic dancing for the delight of their partners. There was no sexual activity associated with their participation other than teasing their husbands with what they learned. Actually pretty tame for an erotic story site.

I guess readers feel that good wives should not do anything worthy of an "R" rating.
Its been apparent for some time the strictest moralists here are the men who tell authors how wives should or should not behave.

I have an old story I published for sale years ago I'm occasionally tempted to out here just to send LW into apoplexy, which the title and tag could do by themselves.

Gloryhole Housewives
Because revenge never tasted so sweet.

I just got a comment a few minutes ago from a reader of my story "Shaving My Mom."

I gilded the lily with the tagline: "I saw Mom's big bush and had to do something about it."

No sentient reader can be unaware of what he is about to get into with this story.

Yet, even so, the reader read the story, and STILL complained about Mom getting shaved.

Excerpt (all caps in the original): "(SHAVED PUSSIES ARE for the most part SOME OF THE NASTIEST LOOKING THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. I CAN GOOGLE THE IMAGE OF A PLUCKED CHICKEN IF I WANT TO SEE THAT KIND OF MESS) "

Anonybush?

I wonder if-seeing how clearly you titled and described it-this person commented without reading the story.

Bearded Lady sequel?

Customer is always right after all. ;)

I wonder if-seeing how clearly you titled and described it-this person commented without reading the story.

You would think so, except the commenter said this:

"Good story until the shave began (WHY????????????) this is a mom, not a 19-year-old-teen!!!!!!!!!"

I don't think they would say that if they rated it solely based on the title and tag. But one must wonder why they would bother reading any of it.

I haven't been here that long but I am amazed at the number of complaints in the comments ( I do read them ) from so many people. If the topic is not something that you care for don't read the story.

Back