Pending Post as 'New' Question

New to this site, sorry if this is a dumb question but I submitted a story and it was shown as 'Pending', however now it's still in the 'Pending' tab and hasn't been published. Instead of Pending it just says 'New' and has been like this for a day now. Is the story still pending or has it glitched in some way? Thanks so much for any help given!

New to this site, sorry if this is a dumb question but I submitted a story and it was shown as 'Pending', however now it's still in the 'Pending' tab and hasn't been published. Instead of Pending it just says 'New' and has been like this for a day now. Is the story still pending or has it glitched in some way? Thanks so much for any help given!
You mean this one?: https://www.literotica.com/s/eureka-ch-01

I have no idea what time zone this site functions under.

All I know is I live on the east coast, USA, and my stories always publish around 2am or so.
What time zone is two hours west? Probably that one.

They publish between 2.00 - 3.00pm in Oz, depending on summer time in both countries.

It's a little before midnight west coast time. It used to be more reliably midnight, but it's been between 11 and 12 for a while now.

New author stories take longer to "go live" and post.

Once Laurel gets to know your name, your writing style, etc, etc, I'll take less longer for your stories to post.

Be patient.

Good luck. (y) (y) (y)

What time zone is two hours west? Probably that one.

They publish between 2.00 - 3.00pm in Oz, depending on summer time in both countries.
The actual time zone doesn't really mean anything since the servers might be in a different time zone, or the batch process that runs may have processes that run before anything gets posted that makes it look like it starts later.

All we have visibility on is story posts, and what we might see on our own stories.

All we have visibility on is story posts, and what we might see on our own stories.
Not that it really matters (but folk do keep on asking the question), but there's a fair consensus that there is regular midnight server run, US west coast time. So it's reasonable enough to think a regular clock starts running. That's how most back-ups work, I'd have thought.

I've just found this board and it looks very interesting. Unfortunately my first post comes to you because it seems so very related and you seem experienced and knowledgable. I've got a story that's PENDING and has been pending for seven days. No changes to the story have been made. I've been hands off out of fear I was holding the publishing off. What do you suggest I do or do they get backed up? Or is there a way to draw attention without being a pain in the ass?
Thank you

I've just found this board and it looks very interesting. Unfortunately my first post comes to you because it seems so very related and you seem experienced and knowledgable. I've got a story that's PENDING and has been pending for seven days. No changes to the story have been made. I've been hands off out of fear I was holding the publishing off. What do you suggest I do or do they get backed up? Or is there a way to draw attention without being a pain in the ass?
Thank you
Is this a new story or an edit to one? Not sure if this is helpful but all my edits take weeks to get published as new stories are prioritised. If it's your first story it might also take some time, mine took a while I. Anyway, these other people know more than me so my advice would be hang tight for a bit more but maybe that isn't correct!

Thank you
You wait, don't touch it. It will happen. Seven days is not unusual for a new writer.

Back