Pegasus' Wings (Mecha Lounge)

Armor huh, I agree but with the primary defense being countermissiles to intercept incoming torpedoes before reaching the ship. Once in a set proximity to the missile it releases that chaff you were talking about or spiral out lines of explosives that detonate to obliterate the torpedo, also electronic war fare missiles to lure the missile offcourse or blind them with a sharp burst of emp. If they fail small scale laser batteries to sweep the area the torpedoes are in and if that fails autocannons like the radar guided gatling guns on navy ships today to prevent cruise missile or kamikaze attacks.

Armor huh, I agree but with the primary defense being countermissiles to intercept incoming torpedoes before reaching the ship. Once in a set proximity to the missile it releases that chaff you were talking about or spiral out lines of explosives that detonate to obliterate the torpedo, also electronic war fare missiles to lure the missile offcourse or blind them with a sharp burst of emp. If they fail small scale laser batteries to sweep the area the torpedoes are in and if that fails autocannons like the radar guided gatling guns on navy ships today to prevent cruise missile or kamikaze attacks.

Okay, here's a thought. You know the Moebius mobile armor from SEED? well, it's designed around a wire controlled mobile weapons pod system. Imagine filling those pods with standard 6MM BBs. Or just random junk.

Okay, here's a thought. You know the Moebius mobile armor from SEED? well, it's designed around a wire controlled mobile weapons pod system. Imagine filling those pods with standard 6MM BBs. Or just random junk.

go on. you're on to something.

go on. you're on to something.

Well, I was thinking about ways to optimize the potential damage such a system could do.

So here's my thought. four forward pods, four rearward pods. To make optimum use of the system, let the pods get the max distance from the ship, then set the whole array in a spin. Once you achieve optimum spin, open the pods and let your cargo out. Centrifugal force pushes the materials outward for optimum spread as they fall.

Well, I was thinking about ways to optimize the potential damage such a system could do.

So here's my thought. four forward pods, four rearward pods. To make optimum use of the system, let the pods get the max distance from the ship, then set the whole array in a spin. Once you achieve optimum spin, open the pods and let your cargo out. Centrifugal force pushes the materials outward for optimum spread as they fall.

clever and simple, I like it.

clever and simple, I like it.

*grins* For even more effectiveness, the pods should be arranged at a slight angle, so the force pushes them backwards and out. I know...if I went evil, the world would be doomed.

That's the sort of thing we need to think of for more of these answers, clever and simple.

It would work especially well from high altitude, come to think of it. Other options would be magnetic railguns, mines....

The huge hanger doors open and a Calamity Gundam lands just outside and walks into the hand and finds a empty dock and comes to a rest. The catwalk extends to in front of the cockpit hatch and I step out and look around for Dragonrazor.

Yo, you paged me?
Something up?
Need something destroyed?

Miss Ausus wanted to introduce you to what she felt was another Mechageek.

Leans on the railing of the catwalk in front of the Calamity Gundam and nods.

And do you know where this was going to happen?

There done.
So what now?
This place still looks rather empty.

Looks around at the dusty hanger, lots of empty places for machines to dock and no one but a few techs milling about.

There done.
So what now?
This place still looks rather empty.

Looks around at the dusty hanger, lots of empty places for machines to dock and no one but a few techs milling about.

Well, I added a dock for ships. Also, I finally finished the Lancer mech. It's in E5.

Well how big of a ship dock?
Capital ships?
Frigates?
Battleships?
Dreadnoughts?

Well, it's about naval base sized. But I still have to put in more equipment to handle capital ships. It could probably handle dreadnoughts with ease. The only ship currently in dock is a small scale Suit Carrier.

lol
Well good thing this isn't Jaburo or I'd be worried Zeon found the Whitebase.
Though..

Looks back over my shoulder to the Calamity Gundam

If we were attacked by Zeon, They'd be hard pressed to beat us.
Not only does the Calamity have Trans-Phase Armor but I'm sure you have something that could shrug off hits from 90mm machine gun and bazooka fire with ease.

lol
Well good thing this isn't Jaburo or I'd be worried Zeon found the Whitebase.
Though..

Looks back over my shoulder to the Calamity Gundam

If we were attacked by Zeon, They'd be hard pressed to beat us.
Not only does the Calamity have Trans-Phase Armor but I'm sure you have something that could shrug off hits from 90mm machine gun and bazooka fire with ease.

Well, the Lancer is equipped with a shield I developed. I call it a Shield Rifle, but it's less rifle and more shield with beam guns mounted in several parts of it. Most of my machines are fast enough that they'd never get a target lock. And a few have antiradar armor.

Well, the Lancer is equipped with a shield I developed. I call it a Shield Rifle, but it's less rifle and more shield with beam guns mounted in several parts of it. Most of my machines are fast enough that they'd never get a target lock. And a few have antiradar armor.

Heh.
Still would love to see a hard core battle between either Zeon or maybe the Titans VS like the heros of every Gundam show in a massive show down =D
Or simply a Zeta Gundam with Amuro and Kamille fighting side by side =D

Heh.
Still would love to see a hard core battle between either Zeon or maybe the Titans VS like the heros of every Gundam show in a massive show down =D
Or simply a Zeta Gundam with Amuro and Kamille fighting side by side =D

A Gundam Academy series would be amusing.

I'd like to see a gundam space opera.

No I don't mean what's already been done by every gundam show sinc MSG to wing to OO. That's the classic war story or a riff off of that. I'm saying something more akin to Crest of the Stars than Gundam except with Gundams.

Back