Reunited?

Afterparty? You're my hero!

Cloe had to stop herself from jumping up and down.

"OH! I've been wanting to try that place!" She bit her lip and glanced sideways at Ryan. It had been assumed that they were together, but they weren't. I mean they were of sorts, or they were trying to be, but there was the blonde chick too (what was her name again? started with an H...) so things were complicated.

"I mean. I'd love to come, thanks for the invite! I'm not sure what Ryan's plans are, though." She tossed the ball back to him, knowing he'd either have to make excuses to the girlfriend, or bring her along. Cloe wasn't sure she cared one way or the other at this point, as long as the whole idea didn't get vetoed by or because of her.

Why hadn't they been told about the after party before now? If it was included in the invitation, Cloe hadn't seen it. Maybe it had been posted on social media. Cloe didn't keep a personal account on most platforms; most people have no idea of the crazy stalker types a famous person gets, let alone someone who is famous for writing sex stories.

But Cloe had her parents' empty home here in town which was where she'd planned to stay. She hadn't decided how long she was staying, but the important part was that she didn't have to cancel reservations anywhere. No one was expecting her home any time soon, and no one would be watching for arrival back at her luxury apartment home either. Free as a naked blue jay, as they say. That was Cloe's whole damn life.

She was sneaky, for sure. She now left it up to him, “Thanks Billy, err. William, we will talk it over.” And turned his focus back to his ex.

“Clo, I don’t think this is a good idea.” He knew he wanted to go, he’d heard rumors of these after parties, “If we go, not only will you and I probably fuck, we might do it in front of an audience and possibly might have audience participation… or, at least so I’ve heard that’s how those parties go.” He blushed a little at some of those thoughts. “And since they think we’re together, and they remember what happened the last time we went to one of that kind of party after high school.” He trailed off, knowing she would know the details as well as he did, “they will certainly expect a repeat performance.”

On some level Ryan knew he was babbling just a little, but he was so swept away by her, and his memories. “You said to Billy that you’d like to go, does that mean you’d like to go hang out, or that you’d like to go with me?” he asked finally, his eyes meeting hers, intensely wanting to know if she really truly wanted him still. He knew that question could take away some of the ambiguity of what they were doing. He had this feeling that depending on her answer he might either be dumping his fiancé, or cheating on her before tonight was through.

His blunt question both startled her and made her exceedingly happy. He was definitely thinking about her, and just knowing that made her thighs tingle. It was sweet, and romantic, and deep...

But what had her mind reeling just now was his matter-of-fact statement about what would happen if they both went. Not only would we fuck... and that was just the beginning of that statement. She remembered all too-well what he was remembering. But they'd been kids then, not grownups with real lives and families and careers. Surely these parties weren't still like that? Or... were they??

But hell, did it really matter? Of course she wanted to go with him. She wanted to wave goodbye to the blonde while she walked out the door on Ryan's arm. But she'd take fucking him in front of her, too. Either was fine with Cloe.

"I think I'll go, and I'd love for you to go, too. If you think you can get away with it as far as your... girl... goes." Cloe specifically rolled her eyes in the most jealous and dismissive way possible. The redhead was pretending that she didn't realize how close they were, that she thought everything should just go back to the way it had been. Cloe was completely playing up the fantasy possibility. But she knew it was a fantasy and if he tore loose and ran, if he broke her heart once again, she'd be okay. It would be for the best, and she'd go to that damn party anyway.

You only live once, right?

Whose idea was it to have a second chance at the best life you imagined, anyway?

Ryan listened to her response and almost laughed. Her response was just this side of over the top, or was it just that side of over the top? He really couldn’t decide. Either way it made him smile in that want to role your eyes sort of way. “Yeah, Hannah,” he responded as if just remembering her. With that he stepped a little back from their embrace on the dance floor. “Suppose I should go ask her about it. Fair warning though, this is not going to end well. She is interested in very little that might be fun.” He said a bit sarcastically. “She is a good date for a teacher I suppose,” he muttered.

His words hid so many thoughts, roiling and boiling. Having her this close made him want so much more thoughts he knew he shouldn’t have. “Maybe you should go to the party and I’ll give you a call if I can make it too, or we could just see if we see one another there, if you don’t want me to have your number.” He tried to sound casual or nonchalant, but he just managed to sound awkward. It was clear he was battling with himself and lust for her was clearly winning. He had not stepped away fully, but just put an inch or two between them, a gap still bridged by her full breasts and almost his erection.

Cloe raised an eyebrow and kept Ryan's gaze locked with hers as she reached around and into his back pocket. Necessarily closing the gap between them once again, and continuing to dance, Cloe removed Ryan's phone and did things to it behind his back before slipping it back into his pocket.

"Now you have my number." She laid her head on his shoulder, closed her eyes, and went back to swaying to the music. "Do whatever you want with it."

She almost added, "...and with me," but stopped herself. If he was on her same wavelength - and she suspected he was, at this point - he'd heard her think it anyhow.

But Cloe's mind began to torture her. Would she really be okay if he never showed up? What if the only text she ever got from him was to forbid her from ever contacting him again? What if the party really was all it used to be, and Cloe went, and Ryan didn't, and everyone realized she was there alone, and people started taunting her about being the lonely slut, and everyone paired off but there was nowhere to go and she was too embarrassed to leave because they would all see her go and know that she was all alone and they all knew where the house was and they'd drive by and make fun of her -

That's our famous smut author who has no boyfriend and no real life and no guy wants! Everything she writes is fake! and what if that got out to the public and people believed it because it was true and her career was ruined and then she had to move back into that house in that town where everyone hated her and had ruined her life????

Deep breath, Clo. Stoppit.

The beautiful woman had tensed up once again, so close to a panic attack yet not flying into the abyss as usual. Why not? Why did the same spiral of thoughts toss her down the tunnel of despair this time? Nothing had changed, really. She was still alone...

But not in this moment, she wasn't. In this moment, she was in Ryan's arms. That was the difference.

Feeling her pull him closer Ryan couldn’t help shivering. He felt her reach into his pocket and pull out his phone. A moment later she slid it away after giving him her number. He quirked an eyebrow at her, “Is my passcode really that easy to guess?” and then he blushed because it was their anniversary, and clearly that had been the first thing she had tried. He was well and truly busted that he still had thoughts about her.

He gave her a slight squeeze, “thanks for your number Clo,” he said softly, “You have mine, you know mine’s not changed since I was 17,” he said with a little laugh. Ryan had never been good with change and it showed. “You still dance as well as I remember,” he said finally looking down at her, blue eyes locking with hers. He found himself wanting to kiss her, but knew if they did that again it would be on…

It was almost a mumble, the way she replied, as she was lost in her thoughts about being in his arms. "It's not my dancing that's good, it's who I'm dancing with."

She slowly and reluctantly lifted her head from his shoulder in order to look into his eyes, to keep his gaze for just long enough for it to affect him with the knowledge that she did mean him and it was a compliment. She looked at him, and he was already looking at her, and he had that look.

As quickly as the tingle in her throat started, it bolted all the way down through her toes. She lifted herself so that her lips were only a fraction of a hair's width from his. She wanted that kiss. Wanted it SO much. But she also knew that this was it - one kiss, and they'd both plummet down that slope so head-over-heels fast that they'd have crashed at the bottom before they realized that they'd fallen.

The dancing, the movement, the music - that's what Cloe blamed for the slight movement that caused her lips to mash with his. Caused his wonderful, soft, warm, inviting lips to press so firmly to hers. Caused that tingle to turn into a slow burn, and the burn to escape Cloe's throat in a barely audible moan.

“You always were good at flattery,” he whispered in that space between their lips. Just before the stalemate started. Just before they stood poised at the top of that slope of desire, preparing to sled down it into the avalanche of emotions.

He couldn’t help the involuntary tightening of his arms. Before he knew it, something drew them together. He didn’t know who started it, who made the first move. He would forever say it was her, but he did not resist, he fell head over heals into the kiss. His low groan matching the sultry moan she uttered. The kiss had no tongue at first but was deep with lots of lip movement and mingling of breath.

He could admit that he was the one to escalate the kiss to the next level. His tongue swept into her mouth, unwilling to accept no for an answer. Although he would have not initiated that action if he had the slightest doubt that she would be open to what he did. Her mouth tasted of the sweet of the soda and the smoky flavor of the whiskey, as well as the taste that was always hers that texture of her mouth that he remembered so well.

As they kissed He was unaware of the fact that his hands had slid down to cup her ass, had pulled her still closer or that he had been backing them into a darkened corner, but just as he might have at prom he was guiding her to where he could do possibly still more.

Back