Sex & Shenanigans

What in the holy hell happened? The name change has confused me.

I feel like a lost child at the grocery store, calling out for @crazychemgirl to come find me but only the weird cashier, @SalaciousMonkey22 is responding to my calls.

giphy.gif

This is quite possibly the best opening sentence to any book I've ever read

PXL-20240514-152939758-MP-2.jpg
I’m partial to…….

"The sun oozed over the horizon, shoved aside darkness, crept along the green sward, and, with sickly fingers, pushed through the castle window, revealing the pillaged princess, hand at throat, crown asunder, gaping in frenzied horror at the sated, sodden amphibian lying beside her, disbelieving the magnitude of the frog's deception, screaming madly, "You lied!"

This is quite possibly the best opening sentence to any book I've ever read
What book's this from?

Also, the reason I've had enough of camping is that I was in the army for a stint. On my 20th birthday I awoke in a 1P tent in the forest covered in a layer of snow. Had to Get out of the sleeping bag, out of the tent, half naked, get dressed in sub-freezing temp and then get ready for another day in hell. Never been so cold in my life. Never been camping since.

I’m partial to…….

"The sun oozed over the horizon, shoved aside darkness, crept along the green sward, and, with sickly fingers, pushed through the castle window, revealing the pillaged princess, hand at throat, crown asunder, gaping in frenzied horror at the sated, sodden amphibian lying beside her, disbelieving the magnitude of the frog's deception, screaming madly, "You lied!"
Where, and I cannot stress this enough, the fuck is this from? :love:

/
Fave book opening, from Erlend Loe's "Doppler":

My father is dead.
And yesterday, I killed an elk.
What can I say? It was either her or me.

What book's this from?

Also, the reason I've had enough of camping is that I was in the army for a stint. On my 20th birthday I awoke in a 1P tent in the forest covered in a layer of snow. Had to Get out of the sleeping bag, out of the tent, half naked, get dressed in sub-freezing temp and then get ready for another day in hell. Never been so cold in my life. Never been camping since.

/

My father is dead.
My favorite opening line is Ken Follett’s Pillars of the Earth. “The small boys came early to the hanging.”

What book's this from?

/

My father is dead.
You and I have a similar experience … though not army related … I went camping on Easter long weekend as a teen with a group of friends. They were hardcore back country campers… I was not. I was only invited because one of the guys wanted to date this girl and her parents wouldn’t let her come if there was only boys going.

We went up the massive mountain hike and set up shop in 2 tents … then it snowed.
We spent the whole day in the tent cuz most of us were not equipped for snow camping and adventure.

The 2nd night one guy who had slept in a spot of water in the boys tent that night came and slept in my tent for night 2 ..
mid-morning I was woken up to the tent collapsing on us from snow. We had to try and dig ourselves out and when we finally got out we were freezing and soaked.

Then it stared raining.

We hiked down and 2 of us ended up with hypothermia.

You and I have a similar experience … though not army related … I went camping on Easter long weekend as a teen with a group of friends. They were hardcore back country campers… I was not. I was only invited because one of the guys wanted to date this girl and her parents wouldn’t let her come if there was only boys going.

We went up the massive mountain hike and set up shop in 2 tents … then it snowed.
We spent the whole day in the tent cuz most of us were not equipped for snow camping and adventure.

The 2nd night one guy who had slept in a spot of water in the boys tent that night came and slept in my tent for night 2 ..
mid-morning I was woken up to the tent collapsing on us from snow. We had to try and dig ourselves out and when we finally got out we were freezing and soaked.

Then it stared raining.

We hiked down and 2 of us ended up with hypothermia.
I get why I had to do it, but what in the great name of fuck were you doing camping voluntarily during snow season? That sounds absolutely misery, and I'm glad I'm not alone. 😹 Also glad you made it down the mountain!

I love all of these. ALL OF THEM! Fuck, that's funny!

@vagrantx, @SalaciousMonkey22 I'm 3 episodes into The Expanse and holy shit do I ever love love a show that starts with a bang.

I'm about to binge a whole bunch of them now, tested positive for the Covid so me and my couch are about to get real cozy.
Remember all those two years ago when "I tested positive for Covid" was followed by positive thoughts for your recovery and "oh, god, we all hope you live" and not "oh, lucky! You get to binge TV now!"

Back