OOC: Ward of Darkness (Casting call.)

in all honestly I don't care for the XP because I like writing the story. If we have XP - Great! if we don't - Great! I just think this is great and I'm Switzerland (neutral) on all this. So either count my vote as for and against or count me out. Not to be rude, but I don't care one way or the other as long as I understand what's expected and needed for me I'm happy.

Though I think I get it. Kinda like a Writing version of Mass Effect

Though I think I get it. Kinda like a Writing version of Mass Effect

And you, La Reina, get the applause of the day. That little analogy alone sums it up perfectly! Bravo! Well Done, Well Done!

and I love Mass Effect so Sweet. I do get it. ... *twitches* the game is calling me now

I know that everyone has not posted...BUT I had an idea for my crazed little ghoul and decided to run with it.

The post itself gets her out of her room and kinda explains how her tormentor died...

Anyway, sorry if I screwed up the flow of the thread but I had to get it out before i forgot it.

I know that everyone has not posted...BUT I had an idea for my crazed little ghoul and decided to run with it.

The post itself gets her out of her room and kinda explains how her tormentor died...

Anyway, sorry if I screwed up the flow of the thread but I had to get it out before i forgot it.

This should be fun. :D

Thank you Luna! I'm just glad that there's something going on beside Enumael's individual meetings. Oh, and Holy Fuck! Your post is Fucking awesome!

Thank you Luna! I'm just glad that there's something going on beside Enumael's individual meetings. Oh, and Holy Fuck! Your post is Fucking awesome!

*smiles*

Thank you! I am glad you liked it. Just...sometimes my characters have stuff that must be said...and so I gotta put it out there, RIGHT away.

(And I am gonna have fun playing her...cuz she seems so very...contrary)

:eek:

More posts forthcoming as I have one more thing to let in for our illustrious Storyteller.

If any of you lovely ladies takes a hankerin for an npc to interact with just create an orderly, name 'im or 'er and I will step in to give you some reaction in the scene :)

I am all caught up now, so I will likely be posting when I can to stir things up. Have fun and I will see you in the spirit lands ;)

I am very confused. :eek:

I booked marked a place in our IC thread this afternoon so that I could post Maya’s reaction to the fact that Jerome had revealed his interloper's name out loud.

I have just finished my post which takes Maya back into the shadowlands where she briefly returns to Umbrel after which she is drawn back to her musical box fetter where she dreams ( back to the time of her death.)

I was just about to post when I discovered Rysil has posted after me leading my character and causing the post I had just worked on for hours to be moot. I am guessing he didn't read that I was working on my own post?

I made no mention of gaping maws because I wasn’t informed that someone else would be writing Maya actions and reactions for me.

Why is someone writing my characters responses for me, did I miss something was my character resigned to Rysil?

Added to my confusion is that I didn’t understand a word of his post *blushes feeling really stupid.*

Could someone please explain what is happening????

I have of course deleted my intended post thinking it will be simpler if Rysil continues with whatever he has planned for Maya especially as he understands whats happening and I do not lol. I can catch up later after he is done I guess :eek:

Last edited:
I am very confused. :eek:

I booked marked a place in our IC thread this afternoon so that I could post Maya’s reaction to the fact that Jerome had revealed his interloper's name out loud.

I have just finished my post which takes Maya back into the shadowlands where she briefly returns to Umbrel after which she is drawn back to her musical box fetter where she dreams ( back to the time of her death.)

I was just about to post when I discovered Rysil has posted after me leading my character and causing the post I had just worked on for hours to be moot. I am guessing he didn't read that I was working on my own post?

I made no mention of gaping maws because I wasn’t informed that someone else would be writing Maya actions and reactions for me.

Why is someone writing my characters responses for me, did I miss something was my character resigned to Rysil?

Added to my confusion is that I didn’t understand a word of his post *blushes feeling really stupid.*

Could someone please explain what is happening????

I have of course deleted my intended post thinking it will be simpler if Rysil continues with whatever he has planned for Maya especially as he understands whats happening and I do not lol. I can catch up later after he is done :eek:

First and foremost, please never delete a post you worked so hard on when someone screwed it up with two lines. Had you posted this and saved your work I would have gone to you over it and saw how what I wrote could have been edited in so as to flow seamlessly. I have no desire whatsoever to mess with someone else flow and story.

My attempt was to introduce the fact that there is an evil presence in the Hospital which Raven and I had discussed. Your character as a wraith is the most susceptible of all the characters to this things abilities. It was decided that it make it's presence known in such a way to terrify Maya of it. It is immensely powerful and can make those in it's realm perceive very real things. It however is, at it's essence, a force of chaos, so it only wants to ward you away from it's territory so that it can control you with fear.

My intent was to convey that to you before you posted so you could incorporate it as a reaction in your next post. I kept it brief so I could post three distinct things quickly. All of them suppose to increase tension, and then abject fear in Maya.

Had I known this was going to be an issue I would have waited to post. I do apologize for interrupting your posting. You are quite the writer and I enjoyed reading you. I never meant to cost anyone hours of their valuable writing time, as I write myself. If there is a sincere way i can rectify this I certainly will. Once again I apologize for your loss.

Sincerely,
Rysil

It is fine Rysil...

I have worked up a replacement post in which I combined a small part of my original post and also part of yours.

I hope it works?

I wasn't sure whether to place it in the place I had saved for my post or after yours???

I am assuming you will remove the quotes from your post otherwise it is going to look odd if I leave mine where it is.

Please let me know if I should change where mine goes.

In my original post I had her go back to Umbrel and then ended with a dream sequence. ( I forgot to save it :( )

I shall add the dream sequence in another post as I do not have time to write one up to day.

Just to make sure I am on the same page;

Maya has an evil entity of some sort and her shadow both of which are seeking to pull her into the oblivion right?

Has this entity always been at Bishops gate? What is its motivation?

My IC: post is probably a bit lacking as I rushed it and so am sorry about that Raven.

Happy St.Patrick's Day to everyone!

irish-shamrock-3.jpg

Last edited:
It is fine Rysil...

I have worked up a replacement post in which I combined a small part of my original post and also part of yours.

I hope it works?

I am sure it will work fine, but I will go lok after I reply here

I wasn't sure whether to place it in the place I had saved for my post or after yours???

I am not a message board guru, but I think if you refer to the events that occur in the office before my post, it could confuse, but it's also a message board so people are used to playing connect the dots. However if you feel it's more appropriate after, then by all means :)

I am assuming you will remove the quotes from your post otherwise it is going to look odd if I leave mine where it is.

I will do so and also edit out the (OOC) info

Please let me know if I should change where mine goes.

I am reading now....and have since edited to reflect a more accurate progression. Any further editing for the same purposes is still open for suggestion :)

In my original post I had her go back to Umbrel and then ended with a dream sequence. ( I forgot to save it :( )

I so wish you hadn't *cries* I hate it anytime the written word gets lost. It is it's own small death.

I shall add the dream sequence in another post as I do not have time to write one up to day.

I look forward to reading it. You write and convey thought and emotion very very well.

Just to make sure I am on the same page;

Maya has an evil entity of some sort and her shadow both of which are seeking to pull her into the oblivion right?

Evil entity trying to scare the crap out of her? Check!
Her shadow trying to pull her into Oblivion? Check!

Has this entity always been at Bishops gate? What is its motivation?

Yes, but that's a free spoiler :D. And it's motivation at the present time is unknown. Maya's conclusions from what she has seen could be as follows: Her shadow or some entity from the Shadowlands trying to attack her, scare her, or both. It could also be a bane spirit(Evil spirits of corruption and destruction), Insane Weaver Spirit(A spider themed spirit that has gone crazy. They are often associated with electrical pathways and electronics. They also are a part of any orderly structure in the spirit worlds.), the possibilities in the penumbra/umbra are so infinite not even the creators of the game try to define it to much. But whatever it was, it lets you know three things for certain.

1.) It's powerful. Whatever created that Maw? Can warp the very fabric of the spirit worlds to its will. The wind was as real as any tornado in the living world. The Maw looked, smelled, and felt 100% real. Not a single bit of what happened felt like an illusion or a trick.

2.) It knows it's terrain. This thing didn't wander in and attack at random. It attacked with a purpose. What is that purpose? You are going to have to find out. It knew where to strike. It didn't wander the halls looking for a good target. No, it attacked you, specifically you, and it knew exactly where to do so. that means it's aware of you.

3.) It would seem it's powers are either confined to the Umbra, or it needs a way to breach the gauntlet.

My IC: post is probably a bit lacking as I rushed it and so am sorry about that Raven.

Happy St.Patrick's Day to everyone!

irish-shamrock-3.jpg

If you need any more than what I have given you, and I can tell you without spoiling it for you all, I will be glad to do so.

Enumael is just about ready for his next appointment, who would like to be next?

Okay, seeing as Melinka has declined to play, I have invited Emipet to take over her role.

Darkened Star, Virgininneed, Cheska, do we still have the three of you in the thread? Havn't heard much from any of you in a while...

Rysil, how's the arm healing?

The Halfling Princess (Cheska) has been ill but I am sure she is still interested in playing.

If we do not have some one else willing to be next appointment, I would like to take it.

It looks like you're the only one ready to be next so far Luna. So, once Enumael walks Carlita to the common room, he'll invite Margaret back to his office for her appointment. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounded like Margaret was let out into the common room too? I'm not completely sure if she was or not...)

It looks like you're the only one ready to be next so far Luna. So, once Enumael walks Carlita to the common room, he'll invite Margaret back to his office for her appointment. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounded like Margaret was let out into the common room too? I'm not completely sure if she was or not...)

Maggie dear would be in the common rooms. She went for lunch after taking her happy pills from her gold and green nursie poo.

So she will be there, eating.

Cool, that should keep things moving right along. Just waiting on La Reina to post so her interpretation of their walk to the common room (Would be cool if she were to include reference to Emipet's character shouting about cheese. LOL!)

Once Enumael invites Maggie to her appointment he will have one small stop along the way back to his office. He's curious about having heard Maya's singing... So he's going to stop at her old room and ask Maggie to have a look around. After all, he knows from previous sessions that she's had and from reading her file that she seems to have a 'strange' knack for reading people and places...

Cool, that should keep things moving right along. Just waiting on La Reina to post so her interpretation of their walk to the common room (Would be cool if she were to include reference to Emipet's character shouting about cheese. LOL!) ...

*giggle* Actually, and on a sort of freaky sad note, one of my girlfriends shouted that when the ambulance took her away when she freaked out on a bad trip. I just added the other bit. Jayda never was able to kick the habit unfortunately.

Sorry the post was a little short. I am trying to get a 'feel' for Rosemary. I completely forgot one bit I was thinking about when I posted too. :/ I'll add it if I am still last poster though.

*giggle* Actually, and on a sort of freaky sad note, one of my girlfriends shouted that when the ambulance took her away when she freaked out on a bad trip. I just added the other bit. Jayda never was able to kick the habit unfortunately.

Sorry the post was a little short. I am trying to get a 'feel' for Rosemary. I completely forgot one bit I was thinking about when I posted too. :/ I'll add it if I am still last poster though.

Go ahead and add it in, darlin' Even if you aren't the last to post. As long as your edits don't screw up the flow of story, it doesn't matter. The better you learn your character, the better the story will ultimately be.

And that is what really matters.

:D

Just added it in. :D Thank You so much for understanding, and I was meaning if it wouldn't upset the flow. Again, I am in a crisis at home. Twin 4 year old boys are ALWAYS a crisis, but Aleks broke his leg yesterday jumping down the steps and Kenji had an asthma attack again...

Welcome to the thread emipet :rose:

Edits? * blushes burying her head in her hands blushing*

*whispers*

I'm soo very good at those.

Welcome to the thread emipet :rose:

Edits? * blushes burying her head in her hands blushing*

*whispers*

I'm soo very good at those.

Thank You! *pat You comfortingly on the shoulder* There, there dear. It COULD be worst... Let me tell You about a pair of 4y'o boys and their "heppin" Mommy with her typing! I lost an entire chapter of a story I am working on... I get into a groove and forget to save more than a few times...

Yep, as far as I'm concerned, edits are perfectly okay, as long as they don't derail other posters story lines.

Yeishia had a clever idea to put a 'bookmark' post in place so that she could secure her spot to post later when she had the time. I support that concept, and would like to ask everyone, when another poster does do that, to give them presidence on what they post. So, if you need to edit something to fit their post, because they did 'call' the space before your post, then please try to do so.

I also encourage all of you to feel free and us pms with each other to help develop plots between characters. Doing so will bring much more depth to our shared story, I think.

Back