Old School Musicianship… Rock and Roll.. Jazz… Blues… Big Band even…

I read online that the first Chicago album was release this day back on April 28, 1969, 55 years ago! Man, where does the time go?

Chicago - Beginnings

Okay - this is Jeff "Skunk" Baxter doing a cover of the classic Steely Dan song "My Old School" which he played on the original. He might have had writing credit on it as well, I'm not sure.

But he is even singing on this one - and kind of going bonkers, which is so f-ing cool! This man is a total musician's musician.

Skunk Baxter - My Old School

I'm so not worthy... 🤣 🤣 🤣

I was listening to Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds over the weekend, a really excellent adaptation of Wells' novel. The music certainly has a 70s feel to it, but that's okay with me as it's the decade when I first started to really "listen" to music and appreciate it. My oldest sister's husband was a big Moody Blues fan and he let me borrow his albums so I really got into their music and loved the distinctiveness of Justin Hayward's vocals, who is featured prominently on the aforementioned War of the Worlds album and this track in particular:

Justin Hayward - Forever Autumn

Okay - this is Jeff "Skunk" Baxter doing a cover of the classic Steely Dan song "My Old School" which he played on the original. He might have had writing credit on it as well, I'm not sure.

But he is even singing on this one - and kind of going bonkers, which is so f-ing cool! This man is a total musician's musician.

Skunk Baxter - My Old School

I'm so not worthy... 🤣 🤣 🤣
Me likes. Its different but pretty cool version of the song

Back