Old School Musicianship… Rock and Roll.. Jazz… Blues… Big Band even…

I haven't heard this in a long time... nice to hear it again...

Pure Prairie League - Amie

I love this song... and loath it at the same time 'cause it makes me cry... but I haven't heard it in a long time... so it's time...

Michael Martin Murphey - Wildfire

Listening to some old country music this evening. There are some instances where prople really should mind their own business. Junior covered this song some years ago but I think his dad did it much better.

Hank Williams - Mind Your Own Business

Listening to these lyrics, things haven't really changed much for many people. Regardless, Dolly has an incredible voice, and Porter isn't too bad, either.

Dolly Parton & Porter Wagoner - We'll Get Ahead Someday

One more. Many people think Okie from Muskogee is Merle Haggard's best song, but I really like this one better.

Merle Haggard - Mama Tried

One more.

Okay, I lied. This is the last "one more." It popped up in my Youtube feed and I had to listen to it. Funny how the Peter Gunn television show has essentially vanished without a trace but the theme from it has lived on for 60+ years. Probably because it's a really cool piece of music.

Henry Mancini - Peter Gunn Theme

I remember this song mostly from the fact it was played, at least the beginning part of it, in the first episode of WKRP in Cincinnati when they did the format change. And I like Derek St. Holmes' vocals, he's a very underrated singer IMHO.

Ted Nugent - Queen Of The Forest

Here's a clip from WKRP when Johnny Fever changes the format. And notice where the tonearm for the turntable is at the end of the clip.

WKRP Goes Rock and Roll

Back