OK so I cried when...

stickygirl

All the witches
Thread devoted to confessions, admissions or boasts about crying. Not really thinking about funerals or pets shuffling off, but those random times when you didn't expect to react that way.

So I'll kick off
I'm phobic about supermarkets and have turned away on numerous occasions if it looks busy: the people, the noise, the lights, the choices. Fuck that. I normally have it delivered but booking a slot has been impossible. So food shopping has been stressful during lockdown and I've been using a local mini-store, but it doesn't have the range and I can't walk home with a 4-pack of orange juice along with everything else.

But this week I found a slot for delivery!! The man bought things like OJ, loo rolls, a bath sponge (I have so wanted a new fucking sponge) and a bottle of olive oil that is much too small and I forgot to order tins of kidney beans but... I was welling up as he set the baskets down, then after he left and I shut the door, the flood gates opened and I cried for a full five minutes.
I am so happy and so relieved :):eek::)
I know - 1st world problems huh?

Maybe not on par, but....

I cried when Mr. Hopper died on Sesame Street
I cried when Marc Green died on ER
I cried when Bobby Singer was shot on Supernatural

...words of a song today reminded me of someone I loved and lost.

I cried this morning when I woke up and saw my wife giving me a beej and not my new slam piece.

I cried when Sam and Frodo were fondly remembering strawberries and cream as Mt. Doom was vomitting lava around them. Then Gandalf arrived just in time to save them. He even brought an eagle for Gollum, even though Gollum had died. But Gandalf didn't know. Just brought it, just in case. 😥😥😥

Good books, certain guitar solos make me misty-eyed. Most operas, ugh, there's really no sense for me to apply makeup, I become that emotional. Other than, I will say, no matter how many times I've seen the movie, The Greatest Showman really brings on the tears. It simply moves me in such a way, every time.

I cry whilst watching 'Call The Midwife.'. Frequently.

Last night Fred and Sister Monica Joan went to check out an institution as a possible new home for Fred's recently orphaned cousin with Downs Syndrome, Reggie. As they were leaving, they discovered Sister Mary Cynthia was being kept there, under lock and key, when all along they had thought she was being cared for at the Mother House.

Sister Monica Joan was shattered. Through floods of tears she cried out. 'We must muster our cohorts. We must instruct our troops. An innocent is in danger! And one of our own has been immured in a place of torment!'

Sister Monica Joan has such a heart. :heart: They all do.

I know it seems like a soap opera, and I guess it is a little bit, but it's an extremely well-written one!

I cried when Elvis Merzlikins got his first shutout in NWA. I was there in person watching the game. I had watched him in hockey camp before they signed him. Crazy night!

Elvis-Merzlikins-Blue-Jackets-4-575x384.jpg

I cry whilst watching 'Call The Midwife.'. Frequently.

Last night Fred and Sister Monica Joan went to check out an institution as a possible new home for Fred's recently orphaned cousin with Downs Syndrome, Reggie. As they were leaving, they discovered Sister Mary Cynthia was being kept there, under lock and key, when all along they had thought she was being cared for at the Mother House.

Sister Monica Joan was shattered. Through floods of tears she cried out. 'We must muster our cohorts. We must instruct our troops. An innocent is in danger! And one of our own has been immured in a place of torment!'

Sister Monica Joan has such a heart. :heart: They all do.

I know it seems like a soap opera, and I guess it is a little bit, but it's an extremely well-written one!
*hugs* I feel ya. Thanks for sharing x

I cried when Elvis Merzlikins got his first shutout in NWA. I was there in person watching the game. I had watched him in hockey camp before they signed him. Crazy night!

Elvis-Merzlikins-Blue-Jackets-4-575x384.jpg

Yea hot! Anything with him less the hardware?

Good grief, I cry at everything. Lemme see....

I cried when rewatching Downton Abbey recently, when Matthew died just after he and Mary had their baby.

I cry every time I listen to the piece in my sig link. Powerful piece about the world coming together.

Wow - I can see why. I used to sing in the school choir and know how moving it can be x
Downton Abbey not so much, but I confess I never made the effort to watch it ;)

For many years after my father died, I would break down anytime I heard "Cats in the Cradle" by Harry Chapin

As per sticky’s request

Honestly I didn’t even consider his looks...just neat to watch him grow as a player.

elvis_merzlikins_lugano.jpg

I cried...when Lynyrd Skynyrd crashed & burned. I was supposed to see them in Florida but could not get out of work. So I thought, no problem, I'll see them when they hit Atlanta. Neither of us made it.

As per sticky’s request

Honestly I didn’t even consider his looks...just neat to watch him grow as a player.

elvis_merzlikins_lugano.jpg

Sorry - having re-read your first post, I see where you're coming from. I'm trying to think of anyone I knew who has made it big... not yet! :)

Back