New Author Feedback: Lesbian / Dub-Con / Blackmail / Sorority Slow Burn

EroticCupcake

Just Tryin' to Write
Hi everyone,

First time writer. My experience on Literotica so far has been pretty great. I actually finished a writing project (first time for me) and feel good about it (also first time).

Story is: Ivy League at Any Cost. It's about a naive overachiever who trades temporary prostitution for entrance into an elite college. Things go bad from there.
https://literotica.com/s/ivy-league-at-any-cost

Story is a dub-con lesbian BDSM (with humiliation theme) story.

Things I was shooting for:
Every chapter has sex (usually dub-con) and also plot, character, or both.
Setup character and plot. Pay it off. Foreshadowing.
Emotional consequences of sex are more interesting than sex.
Characters who care about each other. Tenderness in a dub-con story.
A heroine who is flawed and insecure, but also capable and (eventually) resilient.
Beginning, middle, end.

The reception so far is pretty good. Any feedback is appreciated.

I suppose one of my concerns is finding the right mix of dub-con, non-con, and romance. Dub-con is inherently fantasy, but given that constraint, is it possible to setup emotionally realistic characters and choices (and still be sexy)?

Is there an audience for this stuff? How to get better, how to work with the reader to telegraph themes (especially potentially upsetting things) without spoiling them, etc.

Thanks

- Erotic Cupcake

A lot of potential, although I think your readers will want to see more action sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the feedback. You are correct. If I had to edit / update, I would move Chapter 1 later in the story (probably after 3) as a flashback.

I also found later chapters were increasingly dark. The general themes were introduced in the first chapter, but the tone was not representative. This is a "lesson learned" for next time.

Back