Neurodivergent Characters

GlasDomDaddy

Virgin
I recently met an autistic Domme.

It got me interested in potential story arcs; she told me one of the problems she has encountered is that people don't often expect her to do what they told her they like. Particularly the "glugs of terror" from a young man who said he would like a golden shower. It turned out he only wanted to be threatened with it, however he did not specify that...

I'm kind of playing with the idea; this could be used to create believable fantasy situations that would be difficult with a neurotypical person.

The other interesting thing was the *intense* focus on the fantasy (of the sub) she had. Things you wouldn't typical think of; like putting a plastic coated comforter in the bathtub-cum-watercloset so the "victim" didn't feel cold.

Some kind of high consistency behaviours, like hiding her worn underwear somewhere that her victim (or partner in this case, I guess) would discover it. It could be benign like opening his laptop or it could be sinister like the pocket of the pants he wears to work.

Has anyone ever worked something like this into a story? or other atypical types? (psychopaths for example)

Last edited:
My story "Anjali's Red Scarf" is about a sometimes-BDSM relationship between two autistic women with a non-autistic third. I'm not sure if it's quite what you're looking for, because I didn't go out of my way to give the BDSM a specifically autistic flavour, but seeing as I'm autistic myself it's entirely possible I've done that without knowing.

AwkwardMD's "Lafayette Hills" is about a relationship somewhere in the grey area between D/S and exploitation, where the submissive character is a young autistic-coded woman, but it sounds like you're thinking more about the dom/me side of things. LesbianChickLit also has some D/S stories with an autistic sub, IIRC titled "My Girlfriend: Fucking And How We Met".

Invoking my autistic pedantry card here to note that an autistic person is "neurodivergent" not "neurodiverse"; "neurodiversity" properly means a mixed group. There's a good usage discussion here: https://www.planetneurodivergent.com/neurodiversity-and-neurodivergent-basic-terminology/.

My story "Anjali's Red Scarf" is about a sometimes-BDSM relationship between two autistic women with a non-autistic third. I'm not sure if it's quite what you're looking for, because I didn't go out of my way to give the BDSM a specifically autistic flavour, but seeing as I'm autistic myself it's entirely possible I've done that without knowing.

Thanks, I'll read it. I might be able to tell. Just by coincidence I've become close to two autistic people in recent months, so I'm learning to understand autism a bit better.

Invoking my autistic pedantry card here to note that an autistic person is "neurodivergent" not "neurodiverse"; "neurodiversity" properly means a mixed group. There's a good usage discussion here: https://www.planetneurodivergent.com/neurodiversity-and-neurodivergent-basic-terminology/.

I think neurodiverse for the story (since it features one neurodivergent and one neurotypical), and neurodivergent for the autistic character then right?

Neuro - nerve

Divergent - parting from

So, those who 'get off'... on getting on... one's nerves, then...

I recently met an autistic Domme.

It got me interested in potential story arcs; she told me one of the problems she has encountered is that people don't often expect her to do what they told her they like. Particularly the "glugs of terror" from a young man who said he would like a golden shower. It turned out he only wanted to be threatened with it, however he did not specify that...

I'm kind of playing with the idea; this could be used to create believable fantasy situations that would be difficult with a neurotypical person.

The other interesting thing was the *intense* focus on the fantasy (of the sub) she had. Things you wouldn't typical think of; like putting a plastic coated comforter in the bathtub-cum-watercloset so the "victim" didn't feel cold.

Some kind of high consistency behaviours, like hiding her worn underwear somewhere that her victim (or partner in this case, I guess) would discover it. It could be benign like opening his laptop or it could be sinister like the pocket of the pants he wears to work.

Has anyone ever worked something like this into a story? or other atypical types? (psychopaths for example)
My story, Inspirati Scientia, is about the relationship between a male research scientist and an autistic BBW research scientist. I based the woman character on an autistic scientist I know.

I recently realized that I'm definitely strongly on the spectrum myself even if I've never been formally diagnosed, and I realized that a lot of my characters are heavily based on me. Like the novel I plan on writing that I brought up in my other thread (What Kind of Things Would You like to See in a Novel about a Shy Embarrassed Naked Man?) about a world where 1% of men are allergic to clothing, my character in that scenario is going to basically be based on me who is sort of socially awkward, and find social situations and most situations more intense and confusing than most people, so to add that with being forced to be naked of course makes it even more difficult.

Back