Name Some Quirks You Have...

I am right handed, but eat with my left hand. Due to my right arm having been broken and in a cast for two months when I was age 12; so I had to learn to do things like eating with my left hand. Still do. Other things too ;)

I have so many quirks that my wife thinks I am borderline ASD.

I'm currently hiding in my office because I have been around people a lot today, and my anxiety levels were beginning to crank up. I have long since discovered I need 2 to 4 hours a day alone to stay functional.

Last edited:
I lay out my clothes every evening.

I make my bed in the morn.

I have a pencil brand I buy… just for the erasers.

I own all but 16 of the Caldecott winners in 1st printing.

All papers on my desk must… MUST… be in nice neat alignment with my laptop.

All 32 pair of Nike Air Jordan’s are lined up neatly on shelves made just for that purpose.

Need I go on? 🤪

I don't like milk

I need my own comforter to sleep, I hate sharing with my husband

I hate tags in clothing and always rip them out

I take hot baths constantly even in the middle of summer

I have a vast collection of sea shells that I keep scattered on beaches around the world.

I hate ketchup. I dislike most other condiments and would prefer to eat most things plain. I won’t put mayo on anything; however, if I order something and mayo normally goes on it, I’ll eat it with mayo. 🤷‍♀️

I thought this might be a fun little discussion.

I have a couple - okay, a lot - of quirks that I'm guessing most people don't have. Some have remarked in the past that I have a mild form of OCD. I like things to be tidy etc.

However, a couple of quirks I can think of off the top of my head are;

- Seeing people cross their fingers makes me feel physically sick and I have to shut my eyes. (This goes for contortionists too with any part of their body.)

- I cannot sleep with any clothes on at all. Wearing boxer shorts or other things results in me waking with a rock solid hard on and t-shirts make me feel restricted.

- Whenever I get my hands on a computer keyboard. I have to hit 002.5. Do not ask me why, I have no idea.

Now that I've made myself look more of a weirdo than usual, I pass it over to the next person. Have fun. :)
My whole life is one gigantic quirk, but I do have some pretty peculiar things.

I am terrified of pictures of poisonous or dangerous animals, especially in a book. I will not touch them on the page for any reason. I know logically they can't hurt me, but I'm not willing to risk it either.

I obsess about my table manners, especially with company. Because of my underbite, I have to approach certain foods carefully or avoid them entirely. I also worry because I've never had to deal with more than one fork or more than one spoon, and it would terrify me to deal with that.

I'm afraid of heights, but only heights where I have an obvious risk of falling off. I live in a 17th-floor condo with a balcony. I'm terrified of stepping out anywhere on that balcony. But I've been to the top of the Willis Tower in Chicago and it doesn't bother me. Oddly enough, I was frightened by the top of the Empire State Building.

I am terrified of pictures of poisonous or dangerous animals, especially in a book. I will not touch them on the page for any reason. I know logically they can't hurt me, but I'm not willing to risk it either.
I have to say, i haven't heard of this before so points for originality! No, seriously I bet this has stemmed from learning about them as a child and it's gone from there?
I obsess about my table manners, especially with company. Because of my underbite, I have to approach certain foods carefully or avoid them entirely. I also worry because I've never had to deal with more than one fork or more than one spoon, and it would terrify me to deal with that.
I'm the same about table manners but for a different reason. I have got a very knackered back. This will sound absolutely stupid to some people who have been lucky and never had back issues but sometimes lifting my arms to my mouth causes my back to spasm and my food will fall off my cutlery. I'm always frightened of making a mess.

---

Another quirk I have is that always sleep with my right leg outside of the covers. No matter how cold it'll get, it stsys out.

-I hate toe talons. If your toenails look like you can swoop down and carry off small animals/children... No, just no.
-I also hate when anyone has bad teeth. If you can't take care of that simple hygiene then what other ones are you skipping? Ewww! You will instantly lose all respect you could have ever had a chance at.
-Over cheap people. If you steal napkins from a fast food joint you are trashy. Period. No exception.

---

Another quirk I have is that always sleep with my right leg outside of the covers. No matter how cold it'll get, it stsys out.
I almost always have one or both get out of the covers, too. But it’s because I get SO fucking hot when I sleep! Helps keep my temp regulated.
-I hate toe talons. If your toenails look like you can swoop down and carry off small animals/children... No, just no.
-I also hate when anyone has bad teeth. If you can't take care of that simple hygiene then what other ones are you skipping? Ewww! You will instantly lose all respect you could have ever had a chance at.
-Over cheap people. If you steal napkins from a fast food joint you are trashy. Period. No exception.
Toe talons: absolute yes with this. Keep them trimmed and neat.

Overly cheap people: yes and more yes. No tipping means you can’t really afford to do it IMO (or shouldn’t, anyway).

I do a lot of things in the same order. For example, shower time. I always wash my face first, then my hair. If shaving, this is where it’s inserted. If not, moving to wash my booty, then body. Last thing is another booty pass (I have to wash it at least twice). 😉
I do this too! I save the fun parts (dick, balls, booty) for last though. ;)

If I write something I have to read it back out loud. This includes grocery lists. College was a lot of fun in this regard. 🤣

Back