my digital art

I have been painting digital erotic art for a long time but am treading a fine line with Lit over how much or how little isa llowable. Let's try this one.
I really enjoy all the other artistic submissionsView attachment 2241508
Ideally a lot more should be allowed than most other websites out there, but it would be good to know the limits I would imagine this one would be well within any limitations.

Thank you for your support. As we are writing and reading highly erotic activities, I see no difficulties in giving visual descriptions of the same subject. It will enhance the high degree of intimacy and I strive to make the models as anonymous as possible. I do have problems with illegal ones, re age and unauthorized podting of people.

Attachments

• her first Boytoy_03.jpg
    her first Boytoy_03.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Red dress_03_pastel.jpg
    Red dress_03_pastel.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Red hair standing_ pastel.jpg
    Red hair standing_ pastel.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Finger.jpg
    Finger.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 120
I paint almost every day, doing illustrations for a publisher of Lit type stories. The medium , from pastel to watercolour changes, depending on the subject matter.

Attachments

• from behind.jpg
    from behind.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 118
  • How do you like me_02.jpg
    How do you like me_02.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Red hair _window_02.jpg
    Red hair _window_02.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Isabel's mature ones_03.jpg
    Isabel's mature ones_03.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 117
You say "paint" (not questioning the pastel or watercolour) I question the process.
I also understand these are digital "paintings".

In my opinion, to digitally paint one must use a stylus to apply the paint (or chalk) using digital brushes.
These all appear to be photographs with "art" filters applied.

What is your process?

Yep... good to see the speech marks.

That's where "art" seems to be heading these days... being produced by non-artists.

You need to come in to the 21st Century and stop having a go at people....upps! I see you may have a connection with Liverpool.

Yet another one who conflates art with production of images. I too can press and click buttons, which is the sum total of what these people are doing. I can take someone else's original, talent-aided image and run it through my photocopier. By your "21st Century" standards, the result of this process makes me an artist, it goes without saying.

Pathetic. Truly pathetic, in this century or any other.

You say "paint" (not questioning the pastel or watercolour) I question the process.
I also understand these are digital "paintings".

In my opinion, to digitally paint one must use a stylus to apply the paint (or chalk) using digital brushes.
These all appear to be photographs with "art" filters applied.

What is your process?
As you mentioned: I use a stylus and a tablet and make changes to brushes etc. It all starts with considerable edits of the original image, such as cropping, lighting etc
I like seeing comments re artistic appearance

As you mentioned: I use a stylus and a tablet and make changes to brushes etc. It all starts with considerable edits of the original image, such as cropping, lighting etc
I like seeing comments re artistic appearance
ah.
You find an image (photo) that you see potential in, then crop and adjust and also paint "into it". Smoodging about (to be all technical).

Is photoshop your preferred software?

My preferred software is Corel Painter, because I find it more versatile and much better at reproducing painter strokes and textures
Images: I use my own photos, and those that the publishers send me. For practice , yes I do look for and finf internet piages. Bonus: occasionally someone, mainly women, send me a personal photo and I paint. Just for fun

Thanks for all the constructive comments. I enjoyed the lingerie photos. As for comments on digital painting and art, the bottom line: my publisher is happy with it and it pays the bills. It is much easier to produce the art, get it approved and send return finished work to the publisher. Time is essential and I am her, half way around the world and still in touch

Attachments

• ashley_05_signed.jpg
    ashley_05_signed.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Couple_insertion_01.jpg
    Couple_insertion_01.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Black beauty_ oils sketch.jpg
    Black beauty_ oils sketch.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 64
My preferred software is Corel Painter, because I find it more versatile and much better at reproducing painter strokes and textures
Images: I use my own photos, and those that the publishers send me. For practice , yes I do look for and finf internet piages. Bonus: occasionally someone, mainly women, send me a personal photo and I paint. Just for fun
Thanks.

hello @gsnowpainter thanks for sharing your work and letting us into your process.
you are in an enviable place earning money doing what you love
do you have any tips for aspiring illustrators wanting to monetise their talents ?
skill is obviously a prerequisite, but how does one find work/network oneself ?

i'd also like to know more about 'isabels mature ones' ( my favourite after the o.p )
what was the start point, one of the pics sent to you by someone ?
the cropping on it is harsh almost dehumanising the subject,
was this just to preserve the models anonimity ?

Last edited:
I don't know if I can anser all your question but will give it a good shot. Through my career as an illustrator I made some business connections which helped to open some doors. I posted on the now defunct Tmbl and New Tumbl sites and amassed a following of art dedicated people instead of sex obsessed trolls, which also helped.
Contacts were long term and there were mainly some fleeting ones, hence the photos sent to me by individuals.
The painting "Isabel's mature ones" was a request by her to really show her 50+ yr old breasts, and yes, part of the idea of cropping was to leave out her face. I have painted her more in different poses, from an earlier age ( just out of high school to present, in her 50's . Her husband has always been aen entuhsiatic photographer and she loves to pose. You might say that we have a very long distance 'relationship' . Nothing gets posted without her consent. Others, women and men, like the idea of being omortalized in a painting.
I send back large PNG files that can be used for prints if they wish.
I love women and nudes in general, so anything dehumanizing is never intentional. Subjects that I don't care for , I don't paint. Sex between consenting adults is always an interest as there is nothing dirty about sex : toilet activities and violence are off the tabl, as are under age .
Hope this helps you.

Attachments

• Untitled-1_02_2030.jpg
    Untitled-1_02_2030.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 57
  • outdoor_chubby_02.jpg
    outdoor_chubby_02.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Small blonde girl_watercolour.jpg
    Small blonde girl_watercolour.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 57
@gsnowpainter .....thanks for that.
very illuminating....now tell us why you think an artist of your stature
with great connections, hordes of non pervy fans and a steady income from publishers doesnt stick to their own thread somehow thinking its appropriate to spam threads created by others to show their own work.

Last edited:
@gsnowpainter .....thanks for that.
very illuminating....now tell us why you think an artist of your stature
with great connections, hordes of non pervy fans and a steady income from publishers doesnt stick to their own thread somehow thinking its appropriate to spam threads created by others to show their own work.
My guess is he is new here, on this board. So he doesn't really understand yet that people generally have their own threads, not just throw their weight around in random places.

Bicker and discuss all you like, if it makes you feel good. I will do what I always do: enjoy my work, offer some for public viewing, and ignore self appointed detractors. The only critics who matter are my customers.

Some more pics from my collection.

Attachments

• Don't stop_02_bak.jpg
    Don't stop_02_bak.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 39
  • glorious red_pastel.jpg
    glorious red_pastel.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Big and wet_01.jpg
    Big and wet_01.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 39
Back