Moves underway to disbar ...

Don Jr. should be punished with some jail time. Egging on the insurrection with, "we are coming to get you" should come with a criminal record. I know they are going burn some folks on social media for crap like that. Cheerleaders are part of the Team, Bubba.

Mo Brooks is gonna be public censored for his role in yelling fire in a crowded room...maybe more punishment is coming for him.

Don Jr. should be punished with some jail time. Egging on the insurrection with, "we are coming to get you" should come with a criminal record. I know they are going burn some folks on social media for crap like that. Cheerleaders are part of the Team, Bubba.

All three: Don Jr., Rudy Giuliani, Michael Flynn.

Specifically, what would they be disbarred for? What valid precedent exists for disbarring them on these grounds?

I don't support this kind of thing. The people should decide. Vote them out of office.

Specifically, what would they be disbarred for? What valid precedent exists for disbarring them on these grounds?

I don't support this kind of thing. The people should decide. Vote them out of office.

It's not like they have to make any new laws for this. This is inspiring insurrection. Do you think they have to be there in the door with clubs to be guilty? Get a grip.

Well they're all attorneys by trade, so I'm guessing that would be up to the state bars where they practice.

When one crosses the line from political speech to criminality then voting no longer applies...and it shouldn't.

They are all complicit in using speech to invite a riot and what appears to be exactly what the definition of an insurection is...they will and need to be tried in court.

Being members of the bar requires that they not break the law...lawyers are quasi-public servants and it is a part of their licensing to practice in whatever state they practice law in... disbarment is a precursor to legal criminal charges for them.

Last edited:
I think we need to settle down a bit on this.

I can't think of anything that they did that's actually criminal. If you disagree, cite the statute that they violated.

The standard for what constitutes criminal incitement is very high (see Brandenburg v Ohio). Under the American Constitution and our First Amendment you have a right to say a very broad range of things, even very extreme things, without being criminally liable for them. You are free to publicly support communism, fascism, the Ku Klux Klan, Nazis, anarchists, you name it. You can endorse a flat Earth, birtherism, trutherism, faked Moon landings, QAnon nonsense, etc.

So far as I know, Ted Cruz did not incite anybody. He did not encourage anyone to storm Congress. He claimed that there was voter fraud. Even if that's completely false and cynical, it's not incitement.

I think we need to check the purge/witch-burning impulse and instead look forward and try to make our political system more rational and decent and less crazy.

th, birtherism, trutherism, faked Moon landings, QAnon nonsense, etc.

So far as I know, Ted Cruz did not incite anybody. He did not encourage anyone to storm Congress. He claimed that there was voter fraud. Even if that's completely false and cynical, it's not incitement.

When you push a discredited line that you KNOW is causing people to react a certain way you are inciting. Cruz was using this LIE to burnish his own star at the cost of the storming of the Congress.

I can't think of anything that they did that's actually criminal. If you disagree, cite the statute that they violated.

The standard for what constitutes criminal incitement is very high (see Brandenburg v Ohio). Under the American Constitution and our First Amendment you have a right to say a very broad range of things, even very extreme things, without being criminally liable for them. You are free to publicly support communism, fascism, the Ku Klux Klan, Nazis, anarchists, you name it. You can endorse a flat Earth, birtherism, trutherism, faked Moon landings, QAnon nonsense, etc.

I think we need to check the purge/witch-burning impulse and instead look forward and try to make our political system more rational and decent and less crazy.

A lawyer doesn't have to commit a crime to be disbarred.

section 3 of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution prohibits any person who has "engaged in insurrection or rebellion against" the United States from "hold[ing] and office ... under the United States.'

When you push a discredited line that you KNOW is causing people to react a certain way you are inciting. Cruz was using this LIE to burnish his own star at the cost of the storming of the Congress.

Rudy, at least, is in jeopardy. You can be disbarred for filing multiple, repeatedly thrown-out lawsuits. He's done that.

I'm pretty sure that sedition provides ground for disbarment--and more. Some folks don't seem to understand how serious sedition is as a charge. What Donald Trump is doing, by the way, is open sedition.

Not necessary. Lawyers can be disbarred for issues of moral conduct or 'disreputable behavior' or whatever any given start bar calls it. Plus several of them filed multiple frivolous lawsuits which is prohibited in relation to a law license. Remember, this is a licensing issue, not a criminal one. There is no right to be a lawyer, it's a privilege .. one that can be revoked.

From what I have read they are unlikely to be disbarred, disbarring is really rare.

I think people are confusing the headline where the NY state Barr association is considering removing ghoulani from its membership, that isn't disbarment that's just removal from an "old boys club"

Rudy, at least, is in jeopardy. You can be disbarred for filing multiple, repeatedly thrown-out lawsuits. He's done that.

I'm pretty sure that sedition provides ground for disbarment--and more. Some folks don't seem to understand how serious sedition is as a charge. What Donald Trump is doing, by the way, is open sedition.
and from his own mouth, in a podcast:
https://www.newsweek.com/rudy-giuli...erturning-election-should-leave-party-1559148
Giuliani railed against the "coward" Senate Republicans who are not joining the 12 "sedition caucus" members who plan to disrupt Wednesday's Electoral College vote count.

Who was the last lawyer you voted to be a lawyer, imbecile?

I think people are confusing the headline where the NY state Barr association is considering removing ghoulani from its membership, that isn't disbarment that's just removal from an "old boys club"

"Disbarment is the removal of a lawyer from a bar association or the practice of law, thus revoking his or her law license or admission to practice law. Disbarment is usually a punishment for unethical or criminal conduct but may also be imposed for incompetence or incapacity. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disbarment

As others have correctly pointed out, being disbarred is completely different than being convicted of a crime. Your comments about free speech are generally true, however context is a crucial in what could be considered incitement. Stating opinions, beliefs, ideologies and the like would be protected speech; yelling to a vigilante mob that ”that kid over there did it” can get you into trouble. What the president, and numerous others have been doing with this bogus election story has crossed that line. That’s not just the opinion of a handful of liberal Democrats; this is the opinion of numerous elected officials in both parties, former members of the administration, military leaders, members of the justice department, and probably even trumps former AG Bill Barr.

Ted Cruz uses his word very carefully...you will never see him say "voter fraud". He always say, "alleged voter fraud".

Ted is a very good lawyer in that he knows how to use language.

The President
Rudy
Mo Brooks

All use language that would qualify in making a case of incitement as it applies to the particular crowd they addressed that then went on to carry out actions that would match their words.

I think your wrong about this...time will tell and political and legal willingness will be the deciding factor a.

Back