Romney charges ‘a very large portion of’ the GOP ‘doesn’t believe in the Constitution’

DeluxAuto

AntiSocial Extrovert
...to no one's surprise.

https://ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/ne...the-gop--doesn-t-believe-in-the-constitution-

Shortly after Romney announced his retirement, McKay Coppins, a staff writer for the magazine The Atlantic,
published the first excerpt of a biography he had begun working on in which the Utah Republican unburdened
himself of decades of private thoughts and conversations.

The section of “Romney: A Reckoning,” slated for release next month, offered a detailed portrait of the senator
grappling with his mortality, his legacy and his loss of faith in the party he once served as standard-bearer for.

“A very large portion of my party,” Romney told Coppins, “really doesn’t believe in the Constitution.”

What You Need To Know

• Utah Sen. Mitt Romney told his biographer a large portion of the Republican Party "doesn't believe in the Constitution"
    in an excerpt published after he announced his retirement on Wednesday
  • Romney told the biographer he "almost went through" with running as a third-party candidate to hurt former President Donald Trump's
    chances of winning in 2024 and pitched West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin, a centrist Democrat, on starting a third party
  • The 2012 Republican presidential nominee is paying $5,000 a day for private security to protect his family from the supporters of Trump,
    his party’s presidential nominee in the next two cycles, according to the book excerpt
  • In the excerpt, the senator spoke candidly about the colleagues whose allegiance to Trump he found distasteful, cynical and dangerous
  • He said Sens. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., and Ted Cruz, R-Texas, were putting “politics above the interests of liberal democracy and the Constitution”
    and “I don’t know that I can disrespect someone more than J.D. Vance” of the freshman Ohio Senator

...to no one's surprise.

https://ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/ne...the-gop--doesn-t-believe-in-the-constitution-

Shortly after Romney announced his retirement, McKay Coppins, a staff writer for the magazine The Atlantic,
published the first excerpt of a biography he had begun working on in which the Utah Republican unburdened
himself of decades of private thoughts and conversations.

The section of “Romney: A Reckoning,” slated for release next month, offered a detailed portrait of the senator
grappling with his mortality, his legacy and his loss of faith in the party he once served as standard-bearer for.

“A very large portion of my party,” Romney told Coppins, “really doesn’t believe in the Constitution.”

What You Need To Know

• Utah Sen. Mitt Romney told his biographer a large portion of the Republican Party "doesn't believe in the Constitution"
    in an excerpt published after he announced his retirement on Wednesday
  • Romney told the biographer he "almost went through" with running as a third-party candidate to hurt former President Donald Trump's
    chances of winning in 2024 and pitched West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin, a centrist Democrat, on starting a third party
  • The 2012 Republican presidential nominee is paying $5,000 a day for private security to protect his family from the supporters of Trump,
    his party’s presidential nominee in the next two cycles, according to the book excerpt
  • In the excerpt, the senator spoke candidly about the colleagues whose allegiance to Trump he found distasteful, cynical and dangerous
  • He said Sens. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., and Ted Cruz, R-Texas, were putting “politics above the interests of liberal democracy and the Constitution”
    and “I don’t know that I can disrespect someone more than J.D. Vance” of the freshman Ohio Senator

The Cheeto’s supporters don’t take in anything aside from the news-propaganda anyway, this won’t phase them.

Books aren’t their thing.

Before the day starts and this thread takes off in numerous directions, I would like to say that because it’s so rare that anyone ANYONE on the right speaks out on trump or the dysfunctional state of the Republican Party that we sometimes fall into the trap of praising those voices of objection a bit too much.
IMO Mitt Romney’s has always been one of the most tepid, one of the most calculatedly cowardly of those voices. Yes, I’m appreciative of his impeachment vote, but he knew beforehand that he could have done that without tipping the republican majority in the Senate to recuse.
Goodbye to you Senator Romney, I will always remember your constant mediocrity - from your healthcare stance, to your dining with trump, and you stating how you remain a republican to right the course of the party back to conservatism as you now retire and pave the way for a trumper to replace you.

Keep in mind the human tendency in individuals to think the people they know or interact with personally represent what “most people” think or do.

Hence the stoner tends to think “everybody gets high” because almost everyone he knows… does.

Given Romney’s circle of friends and acquaintances in the GOP, it makes perfect sense he would think that.
He interacts a lot with the front runner for 2024 does he?

They don’t seem to interact yet he describes him and his biggest advocates appropriately.

It won't matter. Romney is a rino. At least that's what all the right wingers will say and that will be that. Nothing can sway them.

As terrible of a candidate as Romney was, his nod would have been better for the Country as a whole than being saddled with the trump/MAGAt cult.

It won't matter. Romney is a rino. At least that's what all the right wingers will say and that will be that. Nothing can sway them.
The cousinfuckers on the right wing have successfully rebranded the word "Rino" as "any Republican who don't believe in what I do".

"Stiggin it to teh Libz" is the only constant in today's overheated right wing. It's like one entire political party has gone full-AJ. Not healthy for anyone.

As terrible of a candidate as Romney was, his nod would have been better for the Country as a whole than being saddled with the trump/MAGAt cult.
In retrospect, all too true. After Romney's gracious defeat, his party made 'Win at all costs" job one....which resulted in the one term thrice married four times arrested future felon.

In retrospect, all too true. After Romney's gracious defeat, his party made 'Win at all costs" job one....which resulted in the one term thrice married four times arrested future felon.
And vaping Bo Bo, and Venmo Gaetz, and whatever MTG thinks she is…

The cousinfuckers on the right wing have successfully rebranded the word "Rino" as "any Republican who don't believe in what I do".

"Stiggin it to teh Libz" is the only constant in today's overheated right wing. It's like one entire political party has gone full-AJ. Not healthy for anyone.
Remember when right wingers would cry about why the moderate Muslims didn't speak up more?

I guess extremism is okay now.

Remember when that woman who worked three jobs and couldn’t get ahead asked Romney what he would do to make her life better???

Remember when Romney ignored her question and went into a tone deaf spiel about how that woman was the model American worker???

Yeah, me too.

Mitt Romney is just a more competent and polished sociopath than Herr Drumpf.

*nods*

Keep in mind the human tendency in individuals to think the people they know or interact with personally represent what “most people” think or do.

Hence the stoner tends to think “everybody gets high” because almost everyone he knows… does.

Given Romney’s circle of friends and acquaintances in the GOP, it makes perfect sense he would think that.
So what is it that you're admitting about yourself here?

Back