Miss Molly's Tea Room

Oh, wow! I so lurrrrrrrrveeeeeeeee this place ... and especially the instructions someone has left on how to make tea ....

• First of all, one should use Indian tea. Chinese tea has a virtue - it's economical, which makes it more tasteless than telling someone suffering depression to 'pull themselves together'.

• Tea should be made in small quantities - in a teapot. Tea out of an urn is horrible. Tea-bagging means dipping testicles into the open mouth of another person - nothing to do with tea at all.

• The pot should be warmed beforehand. Better done by placing it on the hob than by the usual method of swilling it out with hot water.

• The tea should be strong. One spoon of loose tea for each person present, and one for the person you're expecting.

• The tea should be put straight into the pot. No strainers, muslin bags or other devices to imprison the tea. If the tea is not loose in the pot it never infuses properly.

• Take the teapot to the kettle and not the other way about. The water should be actually boiling at the moment of impact. The water in the kettle will go far too cold if you carry it the two paces to the teapot.

• After making the tea, one should stir, and afterwards allow the leaves to settle.

• Pour the cream off the milk before using it in the tea. Milk that is too creamy always gives tea a sickly taste.

• Tea poured first. All you milk-first school can bring forward your arguments, and I'll be happy to debate the subject until it's decided I'm right in saying one is liable to put in too much milk if one goes the 'milk first' route

That's an instruction and a half!

I need to make this into a ritual....making good tea is an art form in China. (Excuse me for stating the obvious! :D)

Good morning from Canada, ladies and gents! :) It's a beautiful grey and rainy morning here too!
Hope you're all dressed for the weather!

129161437819818028.jpg

Good morning from Canada, ladies and gents! :) It's a beautiful grey and rainy morning here too!

129161437819818028.jpg

Morning Molly!

I still have my shorts on...(steady ladies :cool:)...but not sure for how long...

I blush at my teabag efforts in the afternoons!!!!:eek:

Sorely tempted to post a tea-bag joke in here...but I wont! :D

129161437819818028.jpg

Gooood Moooaaanin'! Canada....will visit there one day.

I am hoping I won't have to wear my dog like that later on this afternoon. :D

That's an instruction and a half!

I need to make this into a ritual....making good tea is an art form in China. (Excuse me for stating the obvious! :D)

Morning, Jinxi Minxi - dang gal, but don't you look just pretty as a picture this morning?! Thanks for that. :rose:

Thought I'd swing by and drop off a few more rituals - hate to see that tyrant MollyDolly fire some poor serving gal for getting it wrong. Hard woman to please she is ....

John Norman - Tribesmen Of Gor said:
"She carried a tray, on which were various spoons and sugars. She knelt, placing her tray upon the table. With a tiny spoon, its tip no more than a tenth of a hort in diameter, she placed four measures of white sugar, and six of yellow, in the cup; with two stirring spoons, one for the white sugar, another for the yellow, she stirred the beverage after each measure."

"'Make me tea,' I said. Lifting her skirt the girl went to the tent, to make tea. . . 'I feared, when first I saw you,' said the girl, measuring the tea, from a tiny tin box, 'that you had come to carry me off. . . ' 'Perhaps not,' I said. Her hands shook, slightly, on the metal box of tea. . . 'You, yourself,' she said, 'have made me make your tea.' 'Is it ready?', I asked. I looked at the tiny copper kettle on the small stand. . . A small, heavy, curved glass was nearby, on a flat box, which would hold some two ounces of the tea. Bazi tea is drunk in tiny glasses, usually three at a time, carefully measured. . . I set the tea down on the sand, between two mats, beside me. I did not think it would spill. . . 'Serve us tea,' he said. Trembling she measured him a tiny glass of tea.

"Tea is extremely important to the nomads. It is served hot and heavily sugared. It gives them strength then, in virtue of the sugar, and cools them, by making them sweat as well as stimulating them. It is drunk three small cups at a time, carefully measured."

I didn't know there was Gor on lit.com

Morning, fed0ra - all goes wonderfully well with you and yours, I do hope.

Oh, I see Gor everywhere on Lit, and most other places on the Interweb that seek to 'conjure' up Erotica - all the females are expected to be pure sex, and obviously perfect - unless they wear modest clothing which turns them into a nearly picture perfect Stepford wife, without the amazing sex, and considerably more motherly.

While I don't pretend to have a favorable opinion on the blanket nature of the whole Gor event itself, I do rather enjoy the descriptive attention to detail the denizens display.

~ But then, behind my closed eyes I keep watching 'Titanic' backwards so it turns into a magical boat that saves people.

:D

Morning, Jinxi Minxi - dang gal, but don't you look just pretty as a picture this morning?! Thanks for that. :rose:

Thought I'd swing by and drop off a few more rituals - hate to see that tyrant MollyDolly fire some poor serving gal for getting it wrong. Hard woman to please she is ....

Thankies :D

If you are insinuating that I become the next tea-girl, you might wanna rethink that coz I am liable to spike the guests' cuppa teas and when they are getting slightly bit more sozzled, will switch it to small cups of sake. Just for pure entertainment like, yanno? :D

I guess from certain perspectives Gor has its pluses. I tried reading one of the boos and it was difficult. Blind subservience can be harmful to all involved. Like you sid, the serves and the dances are beautiful but aren't the slaves also "Stepford'? They are mechanical in a sense.

If you are insinuating that I become the next tea-girl, you might wanna rethink that coz I am liable to spike the guests' cuppa teas and when they are getting slightly bit more sozzled, will switch it to small cups of sake. Just for pure entertainment like, yanno? :D

:eek:

Ya evil woman - how the heck can someone so pretty be be so sadistic?!

Ok, I once spent three weeks changing peoples coffee into De-caff without their knowledge. Just a little bit more De-caff each day in the tin, until said tin contained 100% De-caff for a week. Once all the head-aches had abated, I changed it back. Such fun watching everyone get hyper.

But I have an excuse for my behaviour.

~ I'm ugly.

I guess from certain perspectives Gor has its pluses. I tried reading one of the boos and it was difficult. Blind subservience can be harmful to all involved. Like you sid, the serves and the dances are beautiful but aren't the slaves also "Stepford'? They are mechanical in a sense.

Personally, I've read the majority, and yes, you've hit pretty much my own 'quarrel' with the books - Men are all men, women are all slaves or want to be slaves deep down, so no allowance made for the natural growth of a personality outside of those boundaries. For example, A ‘true’ Gor male, is not bisexual, not gay and most certainly, not a boy (slave).

However, I do find brotherhood/friendship intriguing.

The men, at least those who appear to have been in the 'Gorean lifestyle' for any time, do appear to be close. In other 'branches' of BDSM I find the Dom/mes tend to rarely speak to one another if the two have an interest in the same person - and of course, this 'combative behaviour' extends beyond the BDSM 'lifestyle' into the often more acceptable and open cultural norm of human Social interactions. Everything on a competition level, if you will.

Personally, I've read the majority, and yes, you've hit pretty much my own 'quarrel' with the books - Men are all men, women are all slaves or want to be slaves deep down, so no allowance made for the natural growth of a personality outside of those boundaries. For example, A ‘true’ Gor male, is not bisexual, not gay and most certainly, not a boy (slave).

However, I do find brotherhood/friendship intriguing.

The men, at least those who appear to have been in the 'Gorean lifestyle' for any time, do appear to be close. In other 'branches' of BDSM I find the Dom/mes tend to rarely speak to one another if the two have an interest in the same person - and of course, this 'combative behaviour' extends beyond the BDSM 'lifestyle' into the often more acceptable and open cultural norm of human Social interactions. Everything on a competition level, if you will.

I didn't give the brotherhood much thought. But now that you mention it, it is a positive. Male-bonding is an endangered 'value' (for lack of a better word)in current times.

But that is the only one. If I had to perform thoses serves in text every day, I would be a basket case. As for the wives, I don't understand being in cyber and leaving sex out. Beats the purpose. So what do you do? Bond with the other wives over a cuppa? There is nothing else there for them.

I didn't give the brotherhood much thought. But now that you mention it, it is a positive. Male-bonding is an endangered 'value' (for lack of a better word)in current times.

But that is the only one. If I had to perform thoses serves in text every day, I would be a basket case. As for the wives, I don't understand being in cyber and leaving sex out. Beats the purpose. So what do you do? Bond with the other wives over a cuppa? There is nothing else there for them.

I see millions of inhabitants of this spinnin' pile of mud and rock perform 'serves' daily, and very often doing things they despise doing. Reason they 'serve' so is for the monetary reward - they are under the financial 'whip' of their 'Master(s)', as it were. This form of 'serving' is not only seen as usual, but also is expected in our civilised and cultured Western stereotype.

Personally, I see no reason why someone 'serving' another without a financial incentive being involved should be seen as 'outlandish' behaviour. For myself, I'd much rather witness someone collared and led down the streets of their choice than someone forced by the fear of financial poverty and possible loss of material possessions into prostituting themselves.

I also see many (free -to leave) women with nothing else for them but a cup of coffee/tea/glass of wine with their friends in the same position as their husbands/partners entertain female 'slaves' in their employ.

~ All depends on how you look at things.

~ Me - I'm just a tad cynical.

Sorely tempted to post a tea-bag joke in here...but I wont! :D

Gooood Moooaaanin'! Canada....will visit there one day.

I am hoping I won't have to wear my dog like that later on this afternoon. :D
Really? Well, if you're not going to...

tea-bag_thumb.jpg

Hard to please? :rolleyes: I'd be satisfied with take-out, a kung-fu movie, and sex. I just have higher standards for the partner's characteristics :D

Ok, I once spent three weeks changing peoples coffee into De-caff without their knowledge. Just a little bit more De-caff each day in the tin, until said tin contained 100% De-caff for a week. Once all the head-aches had abated, I changed it back. Such fun watching everyone get hyper.

But I have an excuse for my behaviour.

~ I'm ugly.
:eek:

Thank you for the evil plot to try out at my workplace, Kylan :)

Back