Justice League: The New Wave (OOC - Interest Check)

slobbering fart monster made me get up - at 5 am - on my day off so he could pee and poo.. like that's my issue. go open the door and go outside yourself, why do I have to hold his paw for this? :)

slobbering fart monster made me get up - at 5 am - on my day off so he could pee and poo.. like that's my issue. go open the door and go outside yourself, why do I have to hold his paw for this? :)

Oh come now. He just wants to share the joy :D

one theory is that because of the multi-doctor episodes the doctor has always choosen a face he knows...

so Doctor Clara:heart:
... Doctor Ysilda..:heart:
... Doctor Rose :heart:

I have missed just so much Doctor Who, but everytime some iteration of Bad Wolf( hello The Moment) happens I just have to squee.

one theory is that because of the multi-doctor episodes the doctor has always choosen a face he knows...

so Doctor Clara:heart:
... Doctor Ysilda..:heart:
... Doctor Rose :heart:

Clara, they pretty much already set her up as another version of the Doctor, complete with a Tardis and a companion. Rose would be a cool Doctor, but she's in another universe...

I think that one of the reasons the Doctor is always a man is because audiences don't want to see a dark and brooding, tragically lonely woman. If you watch, you see very few of those on TV. Men can be seen as lonely and people are okay with it. It's a kind of bias. You only rarely see dark female characters at all, and then they tend to have some sort of love interest, even if they can't be together (i.e. Beau in Lost Girl)

But I think if they do a female doctor, it should be someone who can pull off that aspect of the role. Someone sad and ageless.

Since we're talking about tv...anyone else wondering how the Flarrowverse is going to handle the Justice League angle? So much of the Flash's life revolves around his time with the League, I can't see how they can avoid it.

Two words.

Jaime Murray.

She don't need a man.

She'll flirt with every damn thing like Captain Jack Harkness and break their hearts as she swans away.

Since we're talking about tv...anyone else wondering how the Flarrowverse is going to handle the Justice League angle? So much of the Flash's life revolves around his time with the League, I can't see how they can avoid it.

Eobard Thawne's version of Gideon mentioned that in at least one timeline-- Thawne's past, our possible future-- Barry was one of the founders of the Justice--

--and got cut off before she said "Society" or "League." Or "Experience," or "Incarnate," or what have you.

But I know my Morena Baccarin voice-acting and I know for a fact she said "Justice."

So they're toying with the notion, at least.

Just like they're teasing "Legion of Superheroes" stuff over in "Supergirl."

But I think if they do a female doctor, it should be someone who can pull off that aspect of the role. Someone sad and ageless.

Again, Jaime Murray.

Sad and ageless?

H.G. Wells on "Warehouse."

The Black Fairy on "Once Upon a Time."

She's played aliens, period characters, heroes and villains, and she's famous in her fandom for provoking wlw subtext everywhere she goes.

Jaime Murray for Doctor.

Jaime Murray for President.

Last edited:
*sighs wistfully* DoctorDonna was awesome. We need her back on the show. For some bit of episodic crisis at least.

Well latest odds have Phoebe Waller-Bridge as front runner so a female doctor is possible. :D

Kris Marshall of 'Death in Paradise' Fame next meaning a Ginger Doctor could be on the cards.

There are big rumors about a doctor of color with Richard Ayoade and Michaela Coel being the front runners in that category.

I agree though that you need someone that can pull off that ageless feeling to the role and nominate Tilda Swinton.

Eobard Thawne's version of Gideon mentioned that in at least one timeline-- Thawne's past, our possible future-- Barry was one of the founders of the Justice--

--and got cut off before she said "Society" or "League." Or "Experience," or "Incarnate," or what have you.

But I know my Morena Baccarin voice-acting and I know for a fact she said "Justice."

So they're toying with the notion, at least.

Just like they're teasing "Legion of Superheroes" stuff over in "Supergirl."

They need to stop teasing.

I'm pretty much behind on all of the CW shows I watch by at least a season or so. Well except IZombie and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend(I love musicals so much, just so so much)

Perhaps obviously, I've been quiet this week.

Between a lot going on, my fractured emotional state, and the apparent... post-Event letdown... I think I need a little time to recharge and regroup.

I will be mostly offline anyway Friday-Sunday because I'm going to a con in Bangor. Yay, crowds.

Please contact me about stuff you want to accomplish this downtime, and I hope to resume that work in earnest on Monday.

Back