Jobless Benefits for Susan Sarandon

You’ve made it clear you don’t understand. That’s ok.
You couldn't even get the link to your thread correct and you're still too dumb to edit it.

You're nothing but a poo flinging monkey hoping that the crap you throw sticks.

You couldn't even get the link to your thread correct and you're still too dumb to edit it.

Sigh. I suppose it was only a matter of time before you channeled your frustration into a temper tantrum. That’s ok. If the name calling helps you work through your anger, carry on.

200w.gif

out-of-line-anthony-mackie.gif

Sigh. I suppose it was only a matter of time before you channeled your frustration into a temper tantrum. That’s ok. If the name calling helps you work through your anger, carry on.
Yeah, name calling sucks and no adult should engage in such foolishness.
Or more likely, you tried to read them but had trouble with comprehension. Not the first time you’ve struggled but keep working on it. Lol.

The text is very straightforward. Perhaps a friend or parent can explain to you. 😂

Nobody is blaming you for being unable to understand what the text says. You tried your best.

You’ve made it clear you don’t understand. That’s ok.
You tried.

😑

Thanks for the film tips but that’s not the point of the post. It’s about state legislators who are proposing that taxpayers subsidize workers who voluntarily choose to strike.
Awww, no?

Thought you could get some education on slavery in the south through the first one.

Maybe even something to understand inclusion and love with Little Miss Sunshine. (So much more than your typical family- they are white so that should help you)

Cowboys and aliens must have been woke because it didn’t do so well in the box office. Even before woke was a thing, but you can still claim it. But it was decent but had a big budget and couldn’t really eclipse it.

The final offering, well you should watch it if you haven’t.

And voluntarily strike? As opposed to any other kind? Guess your answer is to have kids die in factories?? They are getting executed in classrooms by AKs so we should at least get our monies worth out of them right?

Guessing you have never had a job that has had the benefit of a union to protect it’s members? Clearly you couldn’t get it.

But then again you are for the KKK/Nazi Ronnie.. so do we really need to worry about what you don’t get? You don’t understand a whole lot supporting him and his tactics.

So maybe take some time, catch a film, never know what you might understand afterward.

Thanks for the opportunity. You don’t give opportunities to much who aren’t exactly like you and whatever we can call further wrong than the MAGA crowd-but you will figure out a new name for yourselves soon as papa Cheeto will spend some time as a guest of the state.

Awww, no?

Thought you could get some education on slavery in the south through the first one.

Maybe even something to understand inclusion and love with Little Miss Sunshine. (So much more than your typical family- they are white so that should help you)

Cowboys and aliens must have been woke because it didn’t do so well in the box office. Even before woke was a thing, but you can still claim it. But it was decent but had a big budget and couldn’t really eclipse it.

The final offering, well you should watch it if you haven’t.

And voluntarily strike? As opposed to any other kind? Guess your answer is to have kids die in factories?? They are getting executed in classrooms by AKs so we should at least get our monies worth out of them right?

Guessing you have never had a job that has had the benefit of a union to protect it’s members? Clearly you couldn’t get it.

But then again you are for the KKK/Nazi Ronnie.. so do we really need to worry about what you don’t get? You don’t understand a whole lot supporting him and his tactics.

So maybe take some time, catch a film, never know what you might understand afterward.

Thanks for the opportunity. You don’t give opportunities to much who aren’t exactly like you and whatever we can call further wrong than the MAGA crowd-but you will figure out a new name for yourselves soon as papa Cheeto will spend some time as a guest of the state.
Again, thanks for the movie tips but they have nothing to do with the post. To answer your questions, yes the strike is voluntary. Members voted to go on strike. And no, I’ve never belonged to a union although I have nothing against them. Throughout my career, the companies I worked for were “at will employers” which is common practice in the tech industry.

Sorry for bad link in the original post. Here’s the correct link to the WSJ OpEd below. Yes, it’s gated so non-subscribers can’t access it. It’s self explanatory and here’s another snippet for more context.

U.S. labor law since the Taft-Hartley Act of 1947 has been aimed at creating a level playing field for unions and management to make their case to workers. But Democrats are now seeking to put their thumb on the bargaining scale by extending unemploy-ment benefits for up to 26 weeks to workers on the picket lines. This is a bargaining-table subsidy for actors like Susan Sarandon and Paul Dano. Unions could also direct more member dues to political campaigns instead of strike funds.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/jobles...cs-unemployment-benefits-strike-bill-c12bb39b

awww someones pissed because a support has to be offered to "all"...

I don’t live there so I’m not pissed. Just laughing.

Laughing about what? A program to help workers not cave into owners?

Again, thanks for the movie tips but they have nothing to do with the post. To answer your questions, yes the strike is voluntary. Members voted to go on strike. And no, I’ve never belonged to a union although I have nothing against them. Throughout my career, the companies I worked for were “at will employers” which is common practice in the tech industry.
Someone's Schadenfreude is showing. *chuckles*

Can’t handle any other context? What are you the Tennessee legislature? Your new way to “win” is to artificially constrict the conversation.

Sure shows you have nothing against them… that’s soooooo clear. Guessing a woman took your job… or gasp, a minority. Would explain your anger. Your guy in Florida likes to preach and push government for traditional roles only… only he pushes just for a specific race as well. A bum history major he was, no way he was in class long enough to know things. Ohhhhh did he get Florida tax payers to pay his college bills ??

Good thing a hurricane showed up so he could take a “break” from whatever he calls campaigning. Bailed him out from answering the tough questions.

But ohhhhh, off topic…. Wimp!

Can’t handle any other context? What are you the Tennessee legislature? Your new way to “win” is to artificially constrict the conversation.

Sure shows you have nothing against them… that’s soooooo clear. Guessing a woman took your job… or gasp, a minority. Would explain your anger. Your guy in Florida likes to preach and push government for traditional roles only… only he pushes just for a specific race as well. A bum history major he was, no way he was in class long enough to know things. Ohhhhh did he get Florida tax payers to pay his college bills ??

Good thing a hurricane showed up so he could take a “break” from whatever he calls campaigning. Bailed him out from answering the tough questions.

But ohhhhh, off topic…. Wimp!
You are free to start threads about movie tips, slavery, the KKK or anything else you brought up.

You are free to start threads about movie tips, slavery, the KKK or anything else you brought up.
Nah, context works just fine connected. Your brain can’t handle complex arguments, so that’s your loss. You are on record whining over and over. Keep whining.

Good for all amendments too right? Including 14? Or you were forced into signing it so your don’t recognize it?

Cry small mind, cry.

Nah, context works just fine connected. Your brain can’t handle complex arguments, so that’s your loss. You are on record whining over and over. Keep whining.

Good for all amendments too right? Including 14? Or you were forced into signing it so your don’t recognize it?

Cry small mind, cry.
Sorry. This thread has nothing to do with the 14th amendment either. There is a thread someone on this board started on that topic though if you want to jump in.

:nana:

No, it's not. You never mentioned that before this ^ post. You fucked up a link, apologized for your fucked up link, laughed for some reason, admitted that you're ignorant, and then made this about that.

If this was a boxing match, the ref would have stopped the fight, because BabyBoobs is being destroyed.

👍

👉 BabyBoobs 🤣

🇺🇸

Sorry. This thread has nothing to do with the 14th amendment either. There is a thread someone on this board started on that topic though if you want to jump in.
It has to do with people who are getting a raw deal that are looking for protections.

Thankfully labor laws were passed in our country, to keep workers from being overly exploited.

You went to belittle those who are striking to protect themselves, clearly siding with the tyrannical corporatations.

We had a Revolution to keep us from a tyrannical government…even giving us a second amendment to help in those endeavors.. and then a 14th amendment to ensure anyone who would side against our country..

So yeah, short sighted one, all connected.

So you are a Republican right? Small government, get out of the way of business- unless the business says the government is overstepping… and then it’s okay for the government to punish them. Freedom of speech my ass.

I'm still waiting to see any proof Susan Sarandon even filed a claim? If she didn't, well that's kind of a big hole in Boomers otherwise Swiss cheese thread, wouldn't you say?
I mean his threads are always full of holes. Babyhole.

I'm still waiting to see any proof Susan Sarandon even filed a claim? If she didn't, well that's kind of a big hole in Boomers otherwise Swiss cheese thread, wouldn't you say?
It would be totally in line with his other threads that get blown up.

It has to do with people who are getting a raw deal that are looking for protections.

Thankfully labor laws were passed in our country, to keep workers from being overly exploited.

You went to belittle those who are striking to protect themselves, clearly siding with the tyrannical corporatations.

We had a Revolution to keep us from a tyrannical government…even giving us a second amendment to help in those endeavors.. and then a 14th amendment to ensure anyone who would side against our country..

So yeah, short sighted one, all connected.

So you are a Republican right? Small government, get out of the way of business- unless the business says the government is overstepping… and then it’s okay for the government to punish them. Freedom of speech my ass.
No, it has to do with proposed legislation that would extend unemployment benefits to people who have jobs. Unions collect dues from members and typically use a portion of these dues for strike funds. They’re asking the state (which already has borrowed money from the federal government to fill a gaping hole in its unemployment insurance fund) for a subsidy so they can use that money for other purposes, most notably political campaigns.

The legislative session ends in two weeks. For the sake of hardworking California taxpayers, I hope SB299 dies on the vine. Governor Newsom has stayed silent on this so far which is a good sign.

And to your question, yes I’m a small government Republican. This bill would represent an unprecedented expansion of the unemployment benefits program in California.

No, it has to do with proposed legislation that would extend unemployment benefits to people who have jobs. Unions collect dues from members and typically use a portion of these dues for strike funds. They’re asking the state (which already has borrowed money from the federal government to fill a gaping hole in its unemployment insurance fund) for a subsidy so they can use that money for other purposes, most notably political campaigns.

The legislative session ends in two weeks. For the sake of hardworking California taxpayers, I hope SB299 dies on the vine. Governor Newsom has stayed silent on this so far which is a good sign.

And to your question, yes I’m a small government Republican. This bill would represent an unprecedented expansion of the unemployment benefits program in California.
But you like your not so small government as long as it suits him Nazi DeSantis. All because he is a ‘pub. Got it.

Really is that simple. He is bringing “wins” so you look past how he does it.

How you do it matters. But how could we expect someone like yourself to understand that.

Pity.

But you like your not so small government as long as it suits him Nazi DeSantis. All because he is a ‘pub. Got it.

Really is that simple. He is bringing “wins” so you look past how he does it.

How you do it matters. But how could we expect someone like yourself to understand that.

Pity.
Must be the $1.3 billion tax relief package that upsets you.

Must be the $1.3 billion tax relief package that upsets you.
Yeah? Upset how exactly?

He can take funds from other places for his immigration stunts, his covert travel schedule, and to remove elected officials simply because he doesn’t like their politics.

The tax holiday doesn’t help Floridians with the sky rocketing insurance rates, and todays storm won’t help either.

Wonder how he will try to blame DEI for this one. He is crippling his state but sure, you can cheer it.

Can only blame the Dems so long. Actual conservatives in Florida are starting to stand up to him. I’m sure the shootings in Jacksonville won’t help either.

Funny when they find that guy had some hidden money from pet DeSantis projects. The transparent state doesn’t seem to be so transparent.

From the WSJ. Queue to the violins. 🎻

Democratic Senators introduced a bill last week that would allow striking workers to receive unemployment benefits after two weeks. Federal law requires that workers be “able to work, available to work, and actively seek work” to qualify for jobless benefits, which on average replace about 45% of weekly wages in California.
https://forum.literotica.com/forums/politics-board.67/post-thread
Susan can't wait on tables. People stiff her on the tips...

Back