James Comey Tainted The Special Counsel Investigation

Most glaring in this little Machiavellian (and after firing) powerplay of Comey's is that while he was director he could have recommended a special counsel and he did not.

He manufactured this supposedly contemporaneous memo after the fact to justify doing something that he didn't recommend when he had the power to do so.

Now we have a special counsel to follow up and look into possibly the president obstructing justice on a probe into his activitied that did not exist.

Kabuki on steroids.

More and more, I am beginning to believe this narrative.

If I were Trump, I would be on a Tweet tear to get Comey to produce this memo...

I'm beginning to wonder if it even exists anymore.

Trump shuld FIRE him

Get on TV and say

Enough!

The Russia shit has been investigated long enough, they couldnt find anything, we need to get back on track and focus on real issues that matter to the people

and FUCK YOU DUMZ

*chuckle*

I'm with Feinstein on this one. She's now concerned about how Lynch was pushing Comey around politically...

We all knew that eventually this was going to come around to bite the Democrats on the ass because they politicized all of the bureaucracies that were supposed to be independent players and they all went along with it because everyone knew that the Chicago machine was about to be replaced by another Chicago machine...

Comey's big mistake was buying into that particular narrative.

Now we get to see what kind of a political animal Mueller is. Will he be the second coming of Fitzgerald? Or will he be an independent stand-up guy as Comey was portrayed to be?

As I predicted less than 24 hours ago. You guys make it easy.

By the time Mueler and Comey talked, Mueler knew Trump's statement about being told he was not the target of any investigation was likely true. He knew about Comey's leaked memo, should have asked about whether the report of it's contents were accurate, whether it was actually written contemporaneously and should have requested that memo for his file.

As soon as Comey leaked that memo he had to know that it would be subpoenaed. If he destroyed that memo after leaking it knowing that it would be the object of a future subpoena he committed obstruction of justice.

He likely had to destroy it though, because the forensics would show that it was not contemporaneously written, making it highly suspect.

Both Intel committees of Congress have requested those notes as well. Guess they'll have to beg the NYTs for copies.

Turmp says everything in Comey's statement (except the part about not being under investigation) was lies so Comey didn't "leak" government property.

If typed those lies on government equipment, they belong to the government.

You predicted that Feinstein would come after Lynch?

As well she should. Unlike the partisan windbags of Wingnut Nation, I can keep ideology and justice separate. Think you can hold out another week before calling for Mueller's firing?

More and more, I am beginning to believe this narrative.

If I were Trump, I would be on a Tweet tear to get Comey to produce this memo...

I'm beginning to wonder if it even exists anymore.

Sessions should send US Marshals, with warrants, to toss Comey's house and the house of the Professor.

As well she should. Unlike the partisan windbags of Wingnut Nation, I can keep ideology and justice separate. Think you can hold out another week before calling for Mueller's firing?

When did I call for Comey's firing?

Meanwhile:

"After the House transmits H.R. 1628 to the Senate, the Senate Majority Leader will have the ability to bring up the legislation under the provisions of reconciliation, which include: a non-debatable motion to proceed that only requires a simple majority vote; no filibuster; time limits on overall debate, amendments, and motions; and adoption of the legislation by a simple majority vote. As well, there are strict parameters for contents of amendments, including the Byrd rule and compliance with various budget restrictions."
Mike Enzi

https://spectator.org/obamacare-repeal-moves-steadily-forward/

Mueller should simply step down on his own if any part of his investigation involves Jim Comey or his notes.

Is there any point at which you thought Comey had to go?

Would you prefer he still be there leaking for political gain at the expense of Abu Ivanka al-Amriki?

Would you prefer he still be there leaking for political gain at the expense of Abu Ivanka al-Amriki?

Abu Ivanka al-Amriki?

If you want people to take you seriously, you need to start acting like an adult.

Last summer, when there was valid reason to sack him for speaking publicly about an open investigation. Ironically, he was correct for not commenting on whether Trump was under investigation. So technically Trump fired him for doing the right thing.

This from Newt Gingrich:

"So, what we have here is a fired FBI director, who leaked private material to the press, so he could get his friend appointed as a special counsel in order to take retribution on the President – with the aid of a department full of federal lawyers who would have rather seen Hillary in the White House. And we are supposed to believe this will be an objective, unbiased investigation?"

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Ja...-President-Donald-Trump/2017/06/10/id/795270/

Setting up the excuses already?

Reminiscent of "If I lose it's because the election was rigged!"

Back