It's an AH Reunion.

Good job, Bel!

Happy to see you around these parts more often! We have missed you.

Now, I HAVE to see you blush.;)

*plots ways to get Bel to blush*

Tested for my fourth midterm today. If I passed, and no reason to believe I didn't, then I am on track to test for 2nd degree recommended in Sept.

Imp is on the same schedule as I am, but is doing a camp in June that I can't do that will vault her up a midterm... meaning she may, if she choses, test for rank one cycle earlier.

I'm on schedule to test for my first degree in December. I dread the hell out of that test, but I'll get through it. :)

I wish I could get back my athleticism from my last belt test. I've never had so much strength and energy.

But then I had to go and hurt my leg, and it doesn't seem to be healing as fast as it should...

That should get better, though. The stage fright part, I mean.

There is no magic cure, despite what some people maintain. But the more often you are in front of people, the easier it eventually becomes. Bit by bit.

I have been forcing myself onto the stage since middle school (plays, musicals, choir). As an adult, it's been advocacy & taekwondo. Doesn't seem to be getting any easier. I still experience the same emotional panic & physical GI... issues. When the event is over, the anxiety evaporates & I want to immediately eat, then sleep.

Congratulations on your continuing success - both of you! :rose:

Thank you! :rose: I adore the sport. It's done incredible things for my younger two spawn - physically and mentally.

Oldest has a prescription for beta blockers just for the stage fright stuff.

What Fool said.

It's not the curriculum that gets to me at testing. It's the "stage fright." Believe it or not, I can't stand being the center of attention. :rolleyes:

Normally I would be exactly the same way, but for some reason, when I'm out on the dojo floor I'm so incredibly....focused on what I'm doing that I don't even realize anyone's watching...at least not until they clap or something, and by that time, it doesn't matter if I get self-concious. :)

Thanks, Sarah :kiss:

For those of you who have been missing us, and those of us who have been missing you, come forth lurkers and say hello.

Remember how fun it used to be? I miss the old gang.
I've been here since 2003 and I don't recall you.

Funny girl. :D

I have been forcing myself onto the stage since middle school (plays, musicals, choir). As an adult, it's been advocacy & taekwondo. Doesn't seem to be getting any easier. I still experience the same emotional panic & physical GI... issues. When the event is over, the anxiety evaporates & I want to immediately eat, then sleep.

Thank you! :rose: I adore the sport. It's done incredible things for my younger two spawn - physically and mentally.
You have done much better than many of your sisters, believe me and be proud. xo

I've been here since 2003 and I don't recall you.

Funny girl. :D

Who are you?

I'm that funny voice whispering in your ear. . .

You and I didn't frequent too many of the same threads in years past. There are many people here who I consider to be true friends and others I find irresistible. Beyond that, I pretty much kept to a few threads--in many cases just one, The Naked Party. I've often enjoyed reading your comments, though. :)

Hi Molly,
I'm upright, breathing and grateful for it. The weather's taken a cold snap so I'm not out weeding. Instead I'm about to nuke some venison sausage to take to the last meeting of my woodworking class. It's a tradition at school to have a potluck at the end of each semester so I'm taking the sausage, some sweet German mustard and some garlic mayonnaise. Enough with the KFC, already!:D

Hi Molly,
I'm upright, breathing and grateful for it. The weather's taken a cold snap so I'm not out weeding. Instead I'm about to nuke some venison sausage to take to the last meeting of my woodworking class. It's a tradition at school to have a potluck at the end of each semester so I'm taking the sausage, some sweet German mustard and some garlic mayonnaise. Enough with the KFC, already!:D

Sounds yummy. Except the mayo part.

Back