Is it okay?

JC_WELLS

Adult Fantasy Writer
Is it okay, I mean like sit rules wide, to writte and publish a series that while it does have sex, it's somewhat vague and isn't very often? (Like not in every chapter) I don't know where to ask this question, so I'm asking here. Sorry of this isn't the right place or if it's explain the rules. I'm having a hard time loading them

Last edited:
Is it okay, I mean like sit rules wide, to writte and publish a series that while it does have sex, it's somewhat vague and isn't very often? (Like not in every chapter) I don't know where to ask this question, so I'm asking here. Sorry of this isn't the right place or if it's explain the rules. I'm having a hard time loading them
Hi jc. There are no rules requiring sex. There is a non erotic category for completely non erotic fiction and an essays categories for non narrative writing.

Also this particular question I think would fit well in AH, though I can understand if you're a little wary of it now!

I forgot to say, even in other categories, no rule requiring lots of sex or going into any particular level of detail about it. In a multi chapter work especially in novellas not every chapter needs it. Laurel *might* force something completely non-erotic from start to finish into the non-erotic category but I'm not sure.

Tell the story the way you want to tell it, ignoring categories for the moment. At publishing time, I divide my story into chapters and then use the category that best fits that chapter. But I try to let readers know in the description that they're going to get different content with each chapter, and invite them to look for the tags that indicate what the content will be. It might also help to put a warning at the start of each story that what they read in the last chapter may not be what they're going to get in the next one.

It's not an ideal solution. Somebody may cruise through four chapters of Group Sex and then find that the next chapter is mainly Gay. That somebody is likely to give that story a lower rating because their expectation hasn't been fulfilled and a "squick" button has been pushed. But I refuse to let my readers hold my stories hostage to their expectations. My bus doesn't get off at every corner or go where they'd like it to go. If they don't like where I'm going, they can get off at the next stop.

Thanks for asking this as I’ve wondered also. Have a story but can’t seem to write the naughty stuff (harder than it looks!) so thought maybe it’d just be a regular old story.

I don't know all the rules, but there are several categories for stories. One should match.

I, personally, love a story with substance, innuendo, and then sex.
Pours a little sugar on you.
Oh you look tasty!
And now I'm inside you..

There are better formats on the internet for sharing general stories and getting feedback from other writers. I have 19 stories on Literotica, and also have a profile and stories on another, non sexual story site. Google story forums or similar searches and you will find options.

I think you will be disappointed if you publish on Lit and it is not erotic. People come to this site to read arousing content.

I never even looked in the Non-Erotic category before today. I looked just to see what it was like before pointing out that it exists.

You know what was comical? Seeing stories in there marked as "Hot" :ROFLMAO:

There are better formats on the internet for sharing general stories and getting feedback from other writers. I have 19 stories on Literotica, and also have a profile and stories on another, non sexual story site. Google story forums or similar searches and you will find options.

I think you will be disappointed if you publish on Lit and it is not erotic. People come to this site to read arousing content.
Well, I'm not saying it's not erotic, it just won't have sex in every single chapter. It also won't have vulgar sex scenes (at least imo, like I won't use cunt or cock.) But, it is there. Also, bdsm/sexual Slavery is still a part of the work too. I just don't want to write sex in every single chapter if it's okay I don't.

Well, I'm not saying it's not erotic, it just won't have sex in every single chapter. It also won't have vulgar sex scenes (at least imo, like I won't use cunt or cock.) But, it is there. Also, bdsm/sexual Slavery is still a part of the work too. I just don't want to write sex in every single chapter if it's okay I don't.
There are plenty of stories that don’t have “vulgar” sex. Since my stories have fetish and Femdom themes, only a couple of them use rage word fuck because there is little intercourse in them. :) I do use slang words for body parts, however.

Write what you want. However, as the author of 19 stories, I would say keep your expectations low for both readership and feedback. Truth is, most stories get very little attention. It is a lot of work (to do well) for very little reward (in terms of reader appreciation). My advice: read a variet of what is on Lit (scan at least), then decide if you want to invest the time and energy. Whatever, you do, keep your expectations low.

This will be a good story for Literotica, in my opinion. I'm already interested in it, from the description.

Back