Am I too extreme?

JohnChristian

Virgin
Hi folks,

Firstly I just want to apologise if this is in the wrong place or if it's been asked before, I have searched but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Anyway, I write gay erotica and have done so for the last few years on various platforms. I'm a writer full time now, and make most of my living from said erotica, but I write what people want to read (and pay for) which is the usual 'straight college guys' type of thing. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy writing it, but originally I wrote extreme BDSM style stories and I could write for hours and hours and hours without getting bored.

Admittedly, my original stories were dark, like really dark, and my question is this;

How extreme can I get on Literotica?

I have a huge interest in non-consent, and can see that there is a section for just that, but yet when reading the guidelines, it seems to imply that non-consent can only be written about if the 'victim' enjoys the experience, which kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion.

I also enjoy writing about topics such as blackmail, torture, filth, incest, violence etc but will obviously comply with the guidelines here in order to write.

So, I'm just curious as to whether these are subjects that can be written about here, or if I would be better off looking elsewhere/softening my stories for this website.

I also want to add that my stories are strictly 18+, with every character being confirmed as such. I am also aware of the laws in my own country relating to erotica (which allow all types of content providing the characters are 18+), but I do understand that Literotica is a US website, and I do also want to make clear that my stories are completely fictional and I am very comfortable with the divide between what I write and what I feel. I don't condone nor promote anything that I write.

Thanks,

It's hard to draw an exact line here because there's a certain amount of subjectivity in how those guidelines get interpreted in moderation, and occasionally stories get let through that might violate the letter of the rules but not the spirit. Without getting too far into specifics, probably the best way to get a feel for where the line lies is to read a selection of the stories that have been published on Literotica recently. The advanced story search functionality should let you find stories posted to NC in the past year, and adding a few search terms might help narrow the results to those more relevant to your intended topics.

I say "published recently" because the moderation stance has shifted over time on some issues, so there are some older stories on the site that might not have been allowed through today.

It's hard to draw an exact line here because there's a certain amount of subjectivity in how those guidelines get interpreted in moderation, and occasionally stories get let through that might violate the letter of the rules but not the spirit. Without getting too far into specifics, probably the best way to get a feel for where the line lies is to read a selection of the stories that have been published on Literotica recently. The advanced story search functionality should let you find stories posted to NC in the past year, and adding a few search terms might help narrow the results to those more relevant to your intended topics.

I say "published recently" because the moderation stance has shifted over time on some issues, so there are some older stories on the site that might not have been allowed through today.
Thank you for the response!

I'll definitely check some of them out to get a better idea.

Thanks again :)

As with most public spaces and supervised arenas, there are rules and guidelines and parameters... this in NO way indicates a freedom of expression or an invitation to bare all and be unabashed. Though most of us with such "unacceptable" expressions and/or experiences, and desires are quite adept at reading between the lines, there is nothing like the genuine openness and freedom in utter abandonment in writing (as in life!)... For me, finding those that you come to trust and know, and sharing in other ways offsite (email or whatever) is DIVINE. May we all find our tribe and freely sing the songs of our souls and innermost selves... đź’•

How extreme can I get on Literotica?

I have a huge interest in non-consent, and can see that there is a section for just that, but yet when reading the guidelines, it seems to imply that non-consent can only be written about if the 'victim' enjoys the experience, which kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion.

While I won't put forward any personal feelings on the subject, I do believe that if you go forward with publication of noncon on Lit, you will be disappointed with editor rejections quite frequently.

I write lots of noncon, but I have never gotten a story rejected yet. However, I constantly see authors complaining that their noncon stories were rejected because the "victim" didn't enjoy it enough or fast enough or whatever.

If you don't want your noncon victims enjoying the experience, you will probably have a hard time getting noncon published on this site. You are free to write whatever you choose of course, but I've seen authors with less aggressive story descriptions than yours get rejected. Just a heads up.

Back