How to improve erotica writing with very little experience.

Massimo554

The Firmly Grasper
Hi everyone new here, but I've been writing erotica for a few years now. Most of it is trash but a few I like. Either way one of the resolutions I made this year was to revisit a lot of my past work, revise and post it here and AO3. The problem is I feel like I'm having some difficulty writing authentic romantic and sex scenes due to my own lack of experience. Just wanted to ask for advice so I could write those scenes better.

Hi, I'm new here too. And I think we're on the same boat.
Although there are books and google search tips, you'll find niche-specific advice if you scour well enough here on forum.
One of the golden advice I got here is to read. And read a lot. High-rated stories on literotica. Or any erotic books like 50 shades. But most importantly, read something that fits your style. That syncs with your reading rhythm and imagination. Because there are great erotica books, that doesn't mean all of them are going to entice you.
If a certain style hits you, stick with it. If it doesn't, leave it. Then look for another that makes you wish to be like that. And that comes right from the heart. No one can recommend you certain books. Regular reading habit like this will naturally develop your brain to think like great writers.

But yes, i can recommend books that may hone your craft.
2 of them I'm currently reading are - Several short sentences by Verlyn klinkenborg, Bird by bird by Anne lammot.
They're not about grammar or style guide. But more into understanding psychological constructs and approach.

Also, you may find my article on creative writing prompts useful to some levels.
https://literotica.com/s/creative-erotica-prompts-pt-01

❤️

Hi everyone new here, but I've been writing erotica for a few years now. Most of it is trash but a few I like. Either way one of the resolutions I made this year was to revisit a lot of my past work, revise and post it here and AO3. The problem is I feel like I'm having some difficulty writing authentic romantic and sex scenes due to my own lack of experience. Just wanted to ask for advice so I could write those scenes better.
If you drop this question over in the part of the Forum called "Authors Hangout" you'll get more responses from a writing point of view.

Back