Is it allowed to ask for something like this?

JohnSm123

Loves Spam
Okay, here's the deal. Long ago, I was a member of another sex stories forum.

There were some stories I really enjoyed there. In fact, I enjoyed them so much that I tried to improve them by rewriting them and adding twists of my own.

However, as it turned out, the mods were anything but cool with that. They removed my threads and perma banned me for "plagiarism." I didn't mean to upset anyone; I had even made it clear at the beginning of my threads that I wasn't the original author but rather someone who rewrote those stories. In any case, the mods never responded to my appeals, so in the end I had no choice than to accept that I was gone for good.

Now here's the problem: As a banned member, I can no longer read those stories, and I've come to miss them after all those years. Is it too much to ask (is it even allowed) that someone log into that forum and copy paste those stories here so I can read them again?

If anyone is interested, PM me, and I'll tell you the titles.

Last edited:
I believe links to other sites are not permitted here. Possibly only a matter of time until your post is removed.

It’s simple enough to sign up as a different user, create a gmail account in the fake name of your choice and join from your local hotspot

I believe links to other sites are not permitted here. Possibly only a matter of time until your post is removed.
I'm not sure about that. Generally links outside the site are allowed on the forums. Links to "competing" sites: check with the moderator.

To the OP: usually, on any site, when re-using someone else's material in any way , it's best is best to get permission from the original author first.

Now here's the problem: As a banned member, I can no longer read those stories, and I've come to miss them after all those years. Is it too much to ask (is it even allowed) that someone log into that forum and copy paste those stories here so I can read them again?
You're asking to circumvent a ban on another site? Really?

I'm not sure about that. Generally links outside the site are allowed on the forums. Links to "competing" sites: check with the moderator.

To the OP: usually, on any site, when re-using someone else's material in any way , it's best is best to get permission from the original author first.

So a sex stories site isn't 'competing', then..?

So a sex stories site isn't 'competing', then..?
Arguably it is competing, but Lit is so busy - one might say overwhelmed - with new submissions every week that it seems like there is plenty of material to go around. I have even used the names of two other such sites on here a couple of weeks ago, and I think the post is still there. That is, if I even remembered where it was.

Arguably it is competing, but Lit is so busy - one might say overwhelmed - with new submissions every week that it seems like there is plenty of material to go around. I have even used the names of two other such sites on here a couple of weeks ago, and I think the post is still there. That is, if I even remembered where it was.
The link has been edited out by a moderator so I'd assume it's not allowed.

The link has been edited out by a moderator so I'd assume it's not allowed.
How did you even know where it was? I don't even remember which forum it was on. I thought is wasn't a link, but only a mention of the names, but I could be wrong.

It's interesting that the reason for the ban was "plagiarism". There is a story here for which I would love to write (or contribute ideas for) a sequel. The story was posted many many years ago and the author has not responded to my inquiry. It brings up some interesting questions which could challenge the current practice from a "legalistic" standpoint, but in the end site rules are the rules.

How did you even know where it was? I don't even remember which forum it was on. I thought is wasn't a link, but only a mention of the names, but I could be wrong.
I meant the link in the first post in this thread, which is now not there

Do I need to pay for that?
I don’t know where you are and what your local rules are. If you’re in UAE for example I believe VPNs are illlegal, or it may be VoIP or both, or neither.
free VPNs are available, otherwise they are relatively inexpensive. £2 a month or so

It's interesting that the reason for the ban was "plagiarism". There is a story here for which I would love to write (or contribute ideas for) a sequel. The story was posted many many years ago and the author has not responded to my inquiry. It brings up some interesting questions which could challenge the current practice from a "legalistic" standpoint, but in the end site rules are the rules.
The way I was banned was strange. With my first "remastered" story, there was no problem. I wrote it to completion, and nobody batted an eye.

When I started remastering another story, the original author replied and went like, "Wait, shouldn't you ask for my permission first?" I said, "So you want me to stop?" She said yes, and I stopped. Then the mods removed that thread. A few days went by, and I thought all was well. Until one day, when I logged in,

You've been permanently banned. Reason: Plagiarism.

The mods never responded to my appeals.

Okay, here's the deal. Long ago, I was a member of another sex stories forum.

There were some stories I really enjoyed there. In fact, I enjoyed them so much that I tried to improve them by rewriting them and adding twists of my own.

However, as it turned out, the mods were anything but cool with that. They removed my threads and perma banned me for "plagiarism." I didn't mean to upset anyone; I had even made it clear at the beginning of my threads that I wasn't the original author but rather someone who rewrote those stories. In any case, the mods never responded to my appeals, so in the end I had no choice than to accept that I was gone for good.

Go over to the Author's Hangout and ask that question.

I’ll be honest, if someone started ’remastering’ my work I would be pretty pissed off, and would make pissed off-Ness known to both the person ripping it off and to the Mods, I have little sympathy for your plight.

Go over to the Author's Hangout and ask that question.

I did. This was a couple of years ago. My thinking was that if the original author whose work I wanted to build upon had disappeared off the face of the earth (or at least could no longer be contacted) then what were the alternatives. In the real world, the owner of the story could take action to prevent (or remove) the posting of the story. If the owner is no longer here, there's no one to complain. Who owns the stories here, Literotica or the original author? Eventually, all work falls into public domain - and sooner rather than later if the copywrite is not renewed. (I don't know the details, I'd have to look it up)

But, as I indicated earlier, it's just something I think would make for a good sequel and therefore of some interest to me, not worth stirring the pot over. If it was worth the effort I could just invent new characters, thinly disguise their actions, and call it my own - but the original story was so well written and certain events in the story spoke to me and inspired me to want to add to them.

The way I was banned was strange. With my first "remastered" story, there was no problem. I wrote it to completion, and nobody batted an eye.

When I started remastering another story, the original author replied and went like, "Wait, shouldn't you ask for my permission first?" I said, "So you want me to stop?" She said yes, and I stopped. Then the mods removed that thread. A few days went by, and I thought all was well. Until one day, when I logged in,

You've been permanently banned. Reason: Plagiarism.

The mods never responded to my appeals.

Exactly what about plagiarism is unclear to you or worthy of appeal? You took someone else's work, made some changes, and submitted it as "remastered"? To, as you say, try to improve them? Without permission. That's just about the most entitled thing I've heard of here on Lit. You should be ashamed of yourself, not wondering what the fuss is about.

Back